It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone took a PHOTO of Obama's Wad.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gibsonsgrat187
The whole shot is staged. The guy next to him taking his debit card out while obama whips out a stack of dirty money while he's laughing hysterically? And isn't our own gov. That stated cash purchases are to be looked at with suspicion?

Obama learned that in old school Chicago politics 101....always use cash...

On a serious note the second picture looks to be taken a short while after the first... In the first he is holding his wallet and in the second he has pulled his money out of a clip and is thumbing through it for that 5er in the back...plenty of time for one guy to take both pictures....

edit on 23-9-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
These photos are meant to subconsciously show you that the POTUS is just like you and has money, he is successful yet frugal. He looks like he saves money.

POTUS for POTUS!

No! These photos are meant to show YOU how silly it is to carry cash around (to
something as trivial and quotidian as a deli).

And if the president can be made to look silly (for the burden of carrying
cash), then YOU can too!

The dollar is dying. This photo op is for the purposes of furthering their BS masterplan.

Obama is an actor and a fraud.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So the president has a wad of cash, likely a few hundred dollars?

OMG......oh right, I sometimes have a wad of cash like that.

(and I don't even like him, but this isn't a story)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
So I post this with the full expectation that this thread will likely solicit more of the same old my guy/your guy, my side/your side stuff. But that isn't the purpose of this thread.

I just really have a few simple questions...

But first the photos:

So my first question is am I the only person who finds it odd that POTUS even uses this much cash? I know I don't. Most people of means are pretty cashless.

But here is what I REALLY want to know. Look at the first photo and then compare to the second one.

Did Obama pose for this second shot????

How do you get THAT camera angle and not have him pose for it???

If so, any theories why?

Something seems very odd to me here...

edit on 23-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

1st photo is Obama. 2nd photo - I doubt it. Not hard to hire a slender black man and put a white shirt and the same nondescript tie on him and shoot a close-up "hand model" shot. TV commercials do it all the time - a pitch actor/actress for the presentation and a believable looking hand model for the product close-up footage if the product is being handled in the commercial. That's common knowledge.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm not surprised some people here think this is worthy of debate, but some members are just plain embarrassing themselves by showing a total lack of the most basic observation skills. Both pictures include copyright lines on the bottom left corner.

One would think that would be enough for some people to realize these photos weren't taken by the same person, or the White House photographer, or even by the man next to the President has some have ridiculously suggested.

At least this thread is in the right place, US Political Madness.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
reply to post by loam

Ha Ha! When I saw the thread title I thought "I better check this before it get's 404'd!"

On Topic, I don't think it has any meaning for us to read into. Probably just some random photos.

LOL same here. When I first saw the title I thought "The paparazzi really did it this time!"

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Nothing to see here....Please move on......

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
There's what, like maybe 12 bills there? Assuming all are 20's (probably not) that's $240. 10 20's and 2 50's that's $300. It could be anything. Could be $1000.

This thread is confusing.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
The problem I have with the photo op is that there are millions of Americans struggling to make ends meet and the President does a photo op showing off his stack. It's like " I know you guys are hurting, but I'm doing good". That is the problem with our leaders today. They really don't have a grip on reality and there is no one holding them accountable. The media covers for them and I find it laughable when Fox News says the media gives Obama a pass. Fox News, are you not the media? Most Americans vote one of two ways; party lines or how the media tells them to vote.

I'm inclined to agree with your analysis. why would pics like this emerge if not to say "I have money and you don't"? Or maybe the real story is he believes it will make people trust that he is really "spreading the wealth".

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

I'm inclined to agree with your analysis. why would pics like this emerge if not to say "I have money and you don't"?
Hmm, a negative post about Obama , and you are "inclined" to agree.

What ever amount he is holding , is Chump Change, compared to his actual worth.

Do Richie Rich Comic Books make you run and Hide?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Does it though?

I've now asked a few Obama leaners and they say no.

I think it appeals to them on a level they may not be aware of. It is the tried and true method of making people believe you are "one of the guys"....It is the reason that he will buy beers for people and smile and laugh and sit down and be "buddy buddy" with them...

I believe it does....This guy is good in that regard, making others feel like he is just some average (yet "intelligent") leader that is one of them and is willing to sit down and talk about things and decide from there. I see it in his supporters all the time. Thinking that they have a voice with him....Like I said, it is also the reason he did that net chat Q&A session.

It isn't just him. They all do that. Appealing to us by attempting to get us to believe they are regular people, when in fact, they are out of touch in ways that most remain dissonant to.

Originally posted by Jakal26
A vote for Obama is a vote for Romney and a vote for Romney is a vote for Obama.....same coin, different side.

Not really what this thread is about, but I don't disagree.

Yeah, I know and I hate to even bring that up when I personally realize that but it seems that right now, due to upcoming "elections" and all.....one must constantly reinforce that here or some of the paradigm thinkers just go on the attack about that and only that. Just getting it out of the way there

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Here's Obama paying for something the first time around:

And here is another from this cycle, which does look like a RANDOM shot:

This is what I am talking about. See how he is like "oh, I got you....don't worry, I'll take care of that, dear leader LOVES you"....

Reminds me of the accounts I have read of Pablo Escobar via his brother's book "The Accountants Story"....Tales of how Escobar appealed to the people when he was running for public office in Columbia.

Though, I find Escobar far more sincere given the total account of him via many other sources as well as the sentiment that still resides in many who knew and were helped by him. I find Escobar far less criminal than this traitor! I'm sure that sentiment isn't acceptable to some, but so be it. Yes, I am an "outlaw" of sorts I suppose.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
President uses credit card shop owner gets presidents personal credit card number.
It makes sense to carry cash at all times. I have been credit frauded before and let me tell you I am very careful about where I swipe. A wad of money is the perfect way to make an effortless transaction oh and tip.
As to the question of a staged photo. Why not.

To me it shows him as someone who shouts when its his turn. A very human thing and something most blokes who are not stingy would do when out with a friend or colleague.

Some people use the event to even big dog another in the end it just looks like a stack of cash any employed and in his case well protected human would carry especially seeing as the 1 note is still in circulation in that country.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
A picture with the President holding a wad of bills (likely biggest denomination on top, a $20) and its created into a thread here on ATS...aye aye aye

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I want to offer my sincere apologies for my following comment:

So many Americans are EXTREMELY narcissistic! Get over yourselves! Seriously. There's more to this beautiful planet and life than petty American politics. Good grief!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
who cares... my grandfather, a poor laborer who never graduated middle school carried around wads bigger than that. or are you really trying to say he's flashing his bling bling to mock poor people. could be, or not.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I don't see a conspiracy or any notable red flags with these pictures. I just see Obama visiting a supermarket with some money. Which is normal for anyone. I don't even consider that "wad" a lot of money. Even if it's several hundred dollars. So what? I've carried several hundreds of dollars in cash before casually. LOTS of times. Not everyone does it but it's not THAT uncommon. And the bills are folded and are 20s or less (probably)... so it's going to look like a "big wad" of money. Hell, even if there are a few K, like 3 or 4 K there that's not even THAT big of a deal, Stupid for the average person? Yeah, but not unheard of. I've even walked with that much before and I'm an average JANE!!

And as for the camera angles being posed for I think you are just being obnoxious. I am sorry but all I see are zoomed in shots from more than likely some person or paparazzi at the supermarket. Looks like a 45ish degree angle to his right side if you start at the middle of his torso. I know specific. But I can SEE IT
And the angle looks completely normal and not set up. Just zoomed way in. And someone mentioned he looks like his laughing manically? So WHAT?! I laugh at like EVERYTHING.... all day in all sorts of places, even the store, and even maniacally at times if I'm happy, tired/energetic or even if I just FEEL LIKE IT! Gosh people.....

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Perhaps he is suggesting people spend the money they have (cash) rather than using credit.

I have to agree with this photo op.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Go to the bank and withdraw 1,000 dollars in twenties.

It's like 1/2 and inch thick at least when folded in half.

Mitt Romney approves this message.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This is a subtle propaganda message by the government. This is what we have to look forward to when the dollar collapses. That is how much cash you will need for a lunch at the deli, if they will even sell you food at all for paper. They are just doing it gradually like a frog in boiling water.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join