Someone took a PHOTO of Obama's Wad.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
The Daily Mail article has posted a subtle hit piece on Obama. They have really focused on the photos of him holding his money (getting ready to pay), along with a cropped photo of the money to emphasis their point. By just looking at their headline, you can tell what they're trying to do.

I don't disagree.

But my question wasn't what the The Daily Mail article was seeking to do.

My question was what Obama in the examples (you seem to ignore the second location) I provided was seeking to do.
edit on 23-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Photo op for sure. Did he pose for the second shot? I am hard pressed to say and spent a bit of time looking at the pictures but cannot really tell so I am just leaving it alone...bigger fish and all that.

What I do think is that it was a photo op, just like the grocery store "money shot" to appeal to the "average joe" voter. This has been his m.o. from day one. Just a "regular guy".....Remember him logging onto a social site and "answering questions" not too long ago? I can't remember the name of the site right off but I remember reading about it. The media blew it up like it was a big deal when in reality he chose to answer nonsensical questions when far more imperative questions were asked anyways.

So, my final analysis....Photo op....appealing to voters, the "average joe"....
Moving on now because it doesn't matter....A vote for Obama is a vote for Romney and a vote for Romney is a vote for Obama.....same coin, different side. Not that our votes count anyways, the electoral college runs the show when it comes to selecting the president!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Exactly. The Daily Mail article has posted a subtle hit piece on Obama. They have really focused on the photos of him holding his money (getting ready to pay), along with a cropped photo of the money to emphasis their point. By just looking at their headline, you can tell what they're trying to do.

So you admit that the pictures do seem to provoke a certain response.

They do not only focus on the pics, but the pics themselves prove a certain point.

How do you know the pic was cropped, I see no evidence for that.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakal26

Originally posted by Jakal26
...appeal to the "average joe" voter...

Does it though?

I've now asked a few Obama leaners and they say no.

Originally posted by Jakal26
A vote for Obama is a vote for Romney and a vote for Romney is a vote for Obama.....same coin, different side.

Not really what this thread is about, but I don't disagree.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The problem I have with the photo op is that there are millions of Americans struggling to make ends meet and the President does a photo op showing off his stack. It's like " I know you guys are hurting, but I'm doing good". That is the problem with our leaders today. They really don't have a grip on reality and there is no one holding them accountable. The media covers for them and I find it laughable when Fox News says the media gives Obama a pass. Fox News, are you not the media? Most Americans vote one of two ways; party lines or how the media tells them to vote.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here's Obama paying for something the first time around:

Then president-elect Barack Obama, center, pays for a chili half smoke with a side of shredded cheese at Ben's Chili Bowl in Washington. (Joshua Roberts, Bloomberg News)
articles.baltimoresun.com...

No wad pre-POTUS.

And here is another from this cycle, which does look like a RANDOM shot:

President Barack Obama the pays for his coffee and muffins at the Coffee Connection, Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2012, in Knoxville, Iowa, during a three day campaign bus tour through Iowa. (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster)

Source.

Much smaller wad here.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

He clearly wishes to make some point.

Subliminal messaging because the below would be to obvious:

Those photos were staged just like most photo ops to convince the peon's they are "one of the people".

But the comment in ther thread that people pay cash as classified as "terrorist" is accurate.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Regarding the 2nd picture, in order to get that shot of the inside of Obama's wrist where his watch is, you would have to be standing where the mayor is and the camera would have to be positioned where the mayor's wallet is.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

Looked like that to me...which was the genesis of this thread.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests
I'd image he probably has a stack of cash on him at all times. He's the president, it makes sense that he would have a few hundred on him at all times.

Probably for reasons such as are show in this photo. Looks like a deli/sandwich shop. He's on the campaign trail. He's most likely buying people(staffers, random) 30 sandwiches. This happened at a beer stall somewhere a few months ago, he bought random people beer. It's not about the stack of bills, it's about him treating others.

Finally someone got it right.

He's right carrying some cash on him. Otherwise, "hey Michelle, can you loan me a $100?"

Non-Presidential.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Granted, I am not crazy about the job he has done and I understand he is sort of... A transition president ( No one would have been able to do a great job, considering the white house they had to inherit)

But really so what if he has a lot of money in his wallet? Maybe he just hit the ATM or something? I know lots of people who carry that much cash on them all the time and they are not rich or anything.

I think it is dumb to carry that much on you because if you get mugged, you're setting yourself up for a big loss...But then again, most people carry around more than that in their wallet or purse, every day...In the form of a debit card.....

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

the wad of cash looks so small... hell we cant even tell what the other bills are... they could all be singles under there.

(Directed at everyone, not you seabag)

btw, so what if he has cash on him? if he pays for things himself (like food on the road) shouldn't he pay for it and not the tax payer?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by queenofswords

Looked like that to me...which was the genesis of this thread.

Now...the question is: Why? Was it done with or without Obama's knowledge? If so...or, if not....why?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Someone took a PHOTO of Obama's Wad

oh man ... I won't say what my first thought was ..

Just looks like a regular picture to me. Picture one has a money clip. Picture two has the money clip off as he pays. I don't know if it's a real picture or not. I wonder how someone could get that close to a POTUS to be able to take those. Anyways .. if it's a real picture .. I'm not surprised he has cash. I prefer cash ...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I see the hypocrisy the op is pointing out here.
I can see the knee jerk outrage if someone were to superimpose Romney's face in the first photo.
edit on 23-9-2012 by Alxandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
i know if i got pulled over and searched and the cops find that much wad in my wallet i would be suspected as being a drug dealer and it would all be confiscated.
Espicially if your black!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Too bad he's too heavily secured to pick his pocket :/

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DermotMcDerp
reply to post by kaylaluv

Exactly. The Daily Mail article has posted a subtle hit piece on Obama. They have really focused on the photos of him holding his money (getting ready to pay), along with a cropped photo of the money to emphasis their point. By just looking at their headline, you can tell what they're trying to do.

So you admit that the pictures do seem to provoke a certain response.

They do not only focus on the pics, but the pics themselves prove a certain point.

How do you know the pic was cropped, I see no evidence for that.

No I don't admit that the pictures as a whole provoke a certain response. I think the article chose only the pictures out of the hundreds of available pictures that would help sell their "idea". I think that photos were taken at every step of that event, including paying for the food. Normal course of events. The incendiary headline and the money photos right at the top of the article tell the "story" that the Daily Mail wanted to tell.

What's your evidence that the photo wasn't cropped?

Incidentally, I looked at the Obama Diary, which is a website put out by the Obama campaign, chronicling the campaign trail. I see pictures of Obama at the deli, but there are no "money wad" photos. That tells me that Obama doesn't want to emphasize the cash that he has, or he would proudly put it on his own website for all to see. What it DOES tell me, is that there were lots of press there at the deli photo op, taking their own pictures. The Daily Mail got hold of those photos, saw the ones with Obama paying for his food, and said, "Yeah, we'll use these and play up the "wad of cash" angle - that will imply Obama's a fat cat who doesn't care about the rest of America."
edit on 23-9-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

actually, if you look at the close-up, you'll see a $5 underneath. Dude's trying to pack small bills behind a twenty to give the impression of a wad.

A true wad has hundreds on the inside and outside or fifties wrapped around hundreds.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Because pretty much the President has a photographer with him most of the time. Not really all that big of a deal really. Just part of the position, your leader of the free world and history happens at a moments notice. For posterity's sake they do as much as they can to photograph it. Some of them are candid others are posed for.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join