It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone took a PHOTO of Obama's Wad.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

No.

But foreclosing upon the possibility that something may not be quite how it appears doesn't seem very rational either.

Typically when someone raises the flag of suspicion they put forth their own theory first.

Why the negative tone, when all I've asked are some very simple questions?

None intended….

But why the negative tone from you?

Quoting this because I'm relieved someone with sense showed up in this thread.

edit on 23-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
First, maybe Obama pays in cash when he is out in public because he might be worried about someone stealing his credit card numbers. Nobody can touch his cash with all the secret service he has around him. However, some disgruntled tea bagger working behind the counter at some store could get a hold of his credit card number and max out his credit card. Who knows, maybe it has already happened.

Second, nobody should be surprised or outraged if the president has a large wad of cash. He makes over $500,000 a year, has no mortgage, no car payment, and pretty much gets everything he needs for free one way or the other. I think it would be scandalous if Obama did not have plenty of disposible income

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
...the POTUS posing with a money clip full of twenties and smiling like a fool is having the opposite effect.

...It's actually a bit of a turnoff.

I thought so too.

Very strange if you ask me.

I would think that result would be obvious. Yet, it apparently isn't to him.

So what does he think it does?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

You are quite welcome.

It is painfull to watch, especially since you went out of your way to let people know what this post is about exactly, in your OP.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Originally posted by seabag
Typically when someone raises the flag of suspicion they put forth their own theory first.

Really?

I hadn't realized it was a requirement to have a theory of why something happens before you even ask why something happens.

Too rich.

Why the negative tone, when all I've asked are some very simple questions?

None intended….

Not the case with many of the posts in here.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DermotMcDerp
reply to post by SaturnFX

is this staged? OF COURSE ITS STAGED YOU NINNYS! You think Obama needs to have cameramen with him as he goes to the local subways or publix shopping center? He doesn't go there!!! This is just standard photo appeal "Hey maw, lets go down to walmart..maybe we will bump into Obama and Kanye!" oy vey...is this even a consideration?

The more perceptive people know the OP is talking about the "money shots" in particular. What is the importance of showing him with the wad of cash?

I think everybody knows the whole thing was a photo-op, but why this specific.

As the Op pointed out, it seems like Obama really posed for the second money shot. Why?

Try to work on your reading comprehension skills before being a sarcastic S.
edit on 23-9-2012 by DermotMcDerp because: (no reason given)

The thing you guys have to realize is that there were probably HUNDREDS of photos taken during that event. Photos of him walking in. Photos of him browsing the counter. Photos of him talking to the woman behind the counter. Photos of him paying. Photos of him getting his food. Photos of him holding his food. Photos of him eating his food. Photos of him talking to other customers while eating his food. Hell, there were probably photos of him throwing his trash away. I wonder what you would have been asking if the article only showed the photo of him throwing trash away? "What point was he making with that photo? Is he saying that he thinks America is trash and he plans to do away with it?"

You're making too much out of this, because the article made too much out of it. You're falling for exactly what the article wanted you to fall for.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DermotMcDerp

Originally posted by DermotMcDerp
You are quite welcome.

It is painfull to watch, especially since you went out of your way to let people know what this post is about exactly, in your OP.

Indeed.

Makes me think that the IMPACT of the images frightens supporters on some level, since so many are rushing to discredit even these simple questions about the matter.

I also can't help but wonder if it had been Romney in the photos, what some would be saying.

But again, this isn't really about the two men. It's about what purpose is thought to be advanced by these 'money shots'?

All very fascinating...the pictures...my questions....and the reactions...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Really?

I hadn't realized it was a requirement to have a theory of why something happens before you even ask why something happens.

Too rich.

Putting up a random photo and asking people what the conspiracy is very rich as well.

So to clarify, you see a picture of Obama pulling out some cash near a deli cash register and you ask what his motive is?

OK…..I think his motive is to pay for his lunch!

I’m sure he didn’t think twice about posing for the picture because he figured people would think he’s just like everyone else….he pays for his own lunch.

Nothing conspiratorial here IMO and I’ll now leave you to your conspiracy.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Originally posted by kaylaluv
You're making too much out of this, because the article made too much out of it. You're falling for exactly what the article wanted you to fall for.

I haven't really read the article yet.

Really.

The thing you guys have to realize is that there were probably HUNDREDS of photos taken during that event. Photos of him walking in. Photos of him browsing the counter. Photos of him talking to the woman behind the counter. Photos of him paying. Photos of him getting his food. Photos of him holding his food. Photos of him eating his food. Photos of him talking to other customers while eating his food. Hell, there were probably photos of him throwing his trash away. I wonder what you would have been asking if the article only showed the photo of him throwing trash away? "What point was he making with that photo? Is he saying that he thinks America is trash and he plans to do away with it?"

The money shot in both examples WAS STAGED. They weren't just shots of activity at random moments.

I simply ask WHY?
edit on 23-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I don't think it's odd that he had that much cash. Like people have said, maybe he was ordering for a group. As for being staged I don't think so. With the amount of photos taken of him, it could have been taking as he was flipping through or opening it up while talking. I'm sure there were plenty of chances for pictures like that.

I see no other reasoning either. Maybe paying cash as opposed to charging? It looks good using cash. But I really don't think there was any other motive.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Putting up a random photo and asking people what the conspiracy is very rich as well. So to clarify, you see a picture of Obama pulling out some cash near a deli cash register and you ask what his motive is? OK…..I think his motive is to pay for his lunch!

It was explained in the OP very clearly what the thread was about. It was pointed out several times after that.

And still you don't get what the point was, obviously.

OP didn't ask what Obama's motive was.

He asked why they went out of their way to take a pic of him with wad of cash in his hand, because the pics don't seem to be the result of photographing a natural flow of events.
edit on 23-9-2012 by DermotMcDerp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Really.

But I bet you saw the headline, didn't ya.

The money shot in both examples WAS STAGED. They weren't just shots of activity at random moments.

I simply ask WHY?

Oh, BS. Those photos were no more staged than any of the other photos. Look at the one of him holding the hot dog. That MUST be staged because he's holding it nice and still before he moves it to his mouth.
Wonder what message he was sending out with THAT photo?
edit on 23-9-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Putting up a random photo and asking people what the conspiracy is very rich as well.

Oh, ok.

I hadn't realized that to ask any question, however inane in your view, required assessment against your standard for what should be reasonably asked on these boards.

Real inclusive, deny ignorance attitude you have there.

A model for every member to emulate.

Good job.

So to clarify, you see a picture of Obama pulling out some cash near a deli cash register and you ask what his motive is?

OK…..I think his motive is to pay for his lunch!

I’m sure he didn’t think twice about posing for the picture because he figured people would think he’s just like everyone else….he pays for his own lunch.

And his own groceries...or other consumer goods.

Yup....I ask my wife to shoot me in this pose every time I go shopping.

It's very normal.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Many times on the campaign trail, a candidate will take a calculated risk.

However, there is too much money in that clip. Now, I'm going to get myself in some hot water here (not the first time, by any means), but it is a common theme in African American culture, that if a black man can make bank, he should flash it and revel in it.

This may be a calculated risk to impress and connect with his original base, a base which is now struggling worse than when they voted for him 4 years ago.

Strange photo ops. However, what is a turn-off for some may be a turn-on for others, whose only dream is to have lots of disposable income to display.

Money is a powerful symbol. The Greenback is a powerful symbol, still, even as it is being abandoned by the rest of the world.

Symbolism. Pure symbolism.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Interesting theory. Not sure if it's true, but interesting nonetheless.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm going to search for other examples if there are any...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It's the Daily Mail, isn't it ? That bastardised newspaper which is taking over the English speaking world with it's warmongering and downright lying. Look at the comments and the outrage it's generated ... lots of angry Americans complaining that the wad of cash he's brandishing used to be theirs ! Or that it'll soon cost all that money to buy "pork treats" (what the hell bastard kind of food is that to serve anyone ?)

Obviously it's an article written in USA by an American "Daily Mail reporter", the story will be launched soon onto Drudge and all the other rabid right wing sites ... "look at what the English papers are saying about Obama ... what an embarrassing President we've got" ... and hey ho, your story has legs, it'll be picked up by the tv Breakfast Shows ... a perfect little, malicious spin, quite probably dropped in the Mail's lap by GOP HQ.

That's your story.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I fail to see the importance of the photo showing how much cash Obama carries on him. Considering the Obama's made close to 2 million dollars in 2010. I know friends of mine who don't make anything near 2 million and they're always carrying a wad of cash on them. I smell another Obama witch hunt thread.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Really.

But I bet you saw the headline, didn't ya.

That's right. I lose all intellect and reason with a simple headline.

I simply ask WHY?

Oh, BS. Those photos were no more staged than any of the other photos.

That's right, I frequently pay in cash in this manner.

I believe the higher up you can hold money, the more likely the denominations will increase.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by loam

Many times on the campaign trail, a candidate will take a calculated risk.

However, there is too much money in that clip. Now, I'm going to get myself in some hot water here (not the first time, by any means), but it is a common theme in African American culture, that if a black man can make bank, he should flash it and revel in it.

This may be a calculated risk to impress and connect with his original base, a base which is now struggling worse than when they voted for him 4 years ago.

Strange photo ops. However, what is a turn-off for some may be a turn-on for others, whose only dream is to have lots of disposable income to display.

Money is a powerful symbol. The Greenback is a powerful symbol, still, even as it is being abandoned by the rest of the world.

Symbolism. Pure symbolism.

Yeah, that's a real stretch. My husband's not black and he carries a wad of cash. My dad is just now (at 70) getting comfortable with using a debit card - He's used cash only for years (and he's not black AND he's a die-hard republican). So, do you think Obama is trying to appeal to people who have been burned on credit card fraud and older white conservative males, in addition to blacks who like to carry cash?

Why is the deli a strange photo op? Have you seen all the photos from this photo op in their entirety? Not just the ones in the article. I don't even know the circumstances of the other photo of him holding up his money clip. For all we know, the person taking the photo may have specifically asked him to show how he was going to pay for it, so he obliged. He didn't look too happy in that photo either, IMHO.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthernThird
It's the Daily Mail, isn't it ? That bastardised newspaper which is taking over the English speaking world with it's warmongering and downright lying. Look at the comments and the outrage it's generated ... lots of angry Americans complaining that the wad of cash he's brandishing used to be theirs ! Or that it'll soon cost all that money to buy "pork treats" (what the hell bastard kind of food is that to serve anyone ?)

Obviously it's an article written in USA by an American "Daily Mail reporter", the story will be launched soon onto Drudge and all the other rabid right wing sites ... "look at what the English papers are saying about Obama ... what an embarrassing President we've got" ... and hey ho, your story has legs, it'll be picked up by the tv Breakfast Shows ... a perfect little, malicious spin, quite probably dropped in the Mail's lap by GOP HQ.

That's your story.

Exactly. The Daily Mail article has posted a subtle hit piece on Obama. They have really focused on the photos of him holding his money (getting ready to pay), along with a cropped photo of the money to emphasis their point. By just looking at their headline, you can tell what they're trying to do.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join