It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone took a PHOTO of Obama's Wad.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'd image he probably has a stack of cash on him at all times. He's the president, it makes sense that he would have a few hundred on him at all times.

Probably for reasons such as are show in this photo. Looks like a deli/sandwich shop. He's on the campaign trail. He's most likely buying people(staffers, random) 30 sandwiches. This happened at a beer stall somewhere a few months ago, he bought random people beer. It's not about the stack of bills, it's about him treating others.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by seabag

Look at the first photo. See who is there.

Now look at the second photo and try to imagine where you would need to be to have a photo shot at that angle.

Does it now make sense to you?

it makes perfect sense.

the guy standing beside obama is almost behind. obama is much futher forward.

whoever took the photo just zoomed in on obama's wallet hoping to pick up something.

its election time, i'm sure obama likes handing out plenty of tips whenever he stops to have a bite
to eat with the locals.

i think you need to get some sleep or maybe new meds.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

The reason he is smiling and holding a wad of cash is because it isn't his money!!!

He took it off someone who wasn't paying :"his fair share".

Even Obama uses cash, he doesn't trust the banks.

Seriously? Remember the stories about the campaign "stiffing" certain restaurants and venues?

This is a staged op to show that Obama "pays".
edit on 23-9-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Lol, edit cause I didn't see the plastic bags. I failed.
edit on 23/9/2012 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

link   
This is such a non-issue. First of all, it's not that unusual for people to carry only cash. We are not rich, but I would consider us upper-middle class -- and my husband hates using credit/debit cards (unless he's traveling on business). He always carries cash. I tell him he's going to be robbed one of these days, but it's the way he rolls.

Second of all, this whole event was a photo op. He's on the campaign trail, so photo ops happen a lot. There were many, many pictures taken, several from the same angle as him holding the cash. I'll bet that particular photo was blown up and cropped just to emphasize the money. Gee, I wonder if that was done just to make Obama look bad in some way??? Looks like it worked on you.

link   
reply to post by loam

Seems staged, I agree.

Assuming both pics are of roughly the same moment, then you would've seen a camera guy to the left(for us) of Obama in the 2nd pic where the mayer is.

Yet in the 2nd pic a camera guy has taken the spot of the mayer next to him.

So it is not possible that these pics are of the same moment or even a logical period of time in which such an interaction takes place.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

For a bunch of members of a conspiracy website, some of you are pretty soft.

So everything is a conspiracy?

What is your theory about these pictures, loam?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Originally posted by beezzer
Seriously? Remember the stories about the campaign "stiffing" certain restaurants and venues?

I went looking for other examples...

Obama, while on the campaign trail, pays for his groceries with cash...

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

He clearly wishes to make some point.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Gee, I wonder if that was done just to make Obama look bad in some way??? Looks like it worked on you.

First off, the OP explicitly said this was not against or about Obama.

Second, you actually admit that he has a point when he says it was staged for a reason.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well, this proves to me one thing
Obama is "new money".

A proper person of wealth for more than a few generations only carries about $40 and 2 credit cards with them. the 40 mostly for tipping.

Nice wallet.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Originally posted by seabag
So everything is a conspiracy?

No.

But foreclosing upon the possibility that something may not be quite how it appears doesn't seem very rational either.

Why the negative tone, when all I've asked are some very simple questions?

Originally posted by seabag
What is your theory about these pictures, loam?

I don't have one as of yet. That is why I am asking.

But I feel fairly certain the photo was staged. My simple question is why? What point is believed advanced by this?

If my simple questions offend you, then move along.

edit on 23-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Wait, just read over some comments....

is this staged?
OF COURSE ITS STAGED YOU NINNYS!

You think Obama needs to have cameramen with him as he goes to the local subways or publix shopping center? He doesn't go there!!! This is just standard photo appeal
"Hey maw, lets go down to walmart..maybe we will bump into Obama and Kanye!"

oy vey...is this even a consideration?

Listen though.,..what is staged is Obama paying to begin with..if I owned a damn sandwich shop, I wouldn't be charging anything...I would simply request the entire meal of him, and any entourage be covered with just a couple photos of him, me, and the shop to put on the wall...no matter who the president is...Bush, Obama, etc...meeting a president is a big deal.

I would try to convince him to put on a employee shirt..but that would be unlikely...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
i know if i got pulled over and searched and the cops find that much wad in my wallet i would be suspected as being a drug dealer and it would all be confiscated.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by beezzer

Originally posted by beezzer

I went looking for other examples...

Obama, while on the campaign trail, pays for his groceries with cash...

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

He clearly wishes to make some point.

Why does there have to be some point to be made? My husband got burned on identity theft and fraud by using his debit card AND his credit card, so he prefers to use only cash now, to avoid getting burned again. Since everyone's looking up Obama's SS # (and anything else they can dig up on him), maybe he would just prefer to keep his credit card numbers out of the public eye.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I just notice there is a $20 bill on the outside...but deep down I believe the rest of the bills are $1 notes just to make himself look baller

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

is this staged? OF COURSE ITS STAGED YOU NINNYS! You think Obama needs to have cameramen with him as he goes to the local subways or publix shopping center? He doesn't go there!!! This is just standard photo appeal "Hey maw, lets go down to walmart..maybe we will bump into Obama and Kanye!" oy vey...is this even a consideration?

The more perceptive people know the OP is talking about the "money shots" in particular. What is the importance of showing him with the wad of cash?

I think everybody knows the whole thing was a photo-op, but why this specific.

As the Op pointed out, it seems like Obama really posed for the second money shot. Why?

Try to work on your reading comprehension skills before being a sarcastic S.
edit on 23-9-2012 by DermotMcDerp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Originally posted by kaylaluv
Why does there have to be some point to be made?

Good question.

I don't know about you, but I don't hold up my cash in a photo op.

So he clearly has some point to make.

I ask what?

Originally posted by kaylaluv
...identity theft...

No offense, but I sincerely doubt he is even remotely concerned about this possibility.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FrostForests

very well spoken.

obviously i agree with you.

he's the prez...
he's out and about...
he has no worries.....

spending a bit of cash....
good on him.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I do believe the photos are staged, but if I was the POTUS, I wouldn't use a debit card, as there is a risk of that info being stolen. It is safer, as a public figure, to use cash.

I'm betting the cash wasn't from his bank account, per se, but from the campaign account. He is showing how he supports local businesses, and uses the staged pictures of him paying for his purchases to prove it. Be good little consumers!

However, the POTUS posing with a money clip full of twenties and smiling like a fool is having the opposite effect. Not a whole lot of Americans these days have a big wad to flash around like Diamond Jim. It's actually a bit of a turnoff.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DermotMcDerp

Originally posted by DermotMcDerp
The more perceptive people know the OP is talking about the "money shots" in particular. What is the importance of showing him with the wad of cash?

I think everybody knows the whole thing was a photo-op, but why this specific.

As the Op pointed out, it seems like Obama really posed for the the second money shot. Why.

Try to work on your reading comprehension skills before being a sarcastic S.

Thank gawd!!!

Quoting this because I'm relieved someone with sense showed up in this thread.

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join