It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone took a PHOTO of Obama's Wad.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
So I went looking for the original untouched photo.

Here is what I found:

As you can see, it shows much more of the room at the moment Obama is pulling out his money.

It seems pretty clear to me that there were no camera men positioned close enough in time to take the next photo, unless that shot was intended to be taken by staging it.

It doesn't seem clear to me. There's about 3-4 feet between the edge of the photo and where the mayor is standing. You don't think it's possible that a photographer was standing just outside the first shot, then moved in as soon as the mayor stepped behind the president? It would take me less than 2 seconds to cover 3 feet in distance.

Here is another photo I found at the deli. Why, look at that - it's from a different angle than the first shot. Is it the same photographer, or a different photographer?

If you look closely at the left side of the photo, you'll see something above the handle of the basket that was on the counter top. Could be a camera - another photographer? Even looks like it could be at the right angle to zoom in for a shot of Obama going through his money. The mayor wouldn't have even had to move for that shot to have taken place.

But here's another shot of Obama with the mayor on the other side of him. Was this taken right after he paid? Who knows, but we know that the mayor was moving around, and wasn't always in the same spot. There is no evidence that Obama deliberately wanted shots of his "wad". There IS evidence that there were multiple photographers there, shooting from different angles.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
reply to post by loam

Wow the pictures are different huh....
One has a money clip too....
I have no theory as to why another pic would be posed....

That is because one pic was taken before he pulled the bills lose from the money clip which is part of the wallet.

Also notice the 5 dollar bill?

And the idea that there must have been only one person taken a picture is strange in itself??? If there is a conspiracy worth investigating it might be the amount of rational thought some people supress when they see President Obama.

He is at a counter purchasing an item...Two people take pictures from two different angles...one slightly before he pulls the bills loose from the money clip.

The clip shows a twenty dollar bill...and a five dollar bill...the denomination of the rest of the bills is unknown...

Presidents are not permitted to carry Credit Cards or Debit Cards...usually Secret Service and Presidential Aides pay for things...a fact that President Obama commented on during an interview in his first year and said he really didn't like it.

Glad to see him bucking the system and carrying his own cash to pay...he might be the first President to do so in a long while.

edit on 24-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Why this is front page news I will never understand.

There are umpteen more important things we should be trying to achieve.

Nevermind Obamas wad of money..

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If those are $20 bills, this looks like no more than $300 - $400 in this "wad".

You find it strange that Obama carries cash when he's going somewhere to buy something?

Given the security detail that Obama has at all times, why would you think it strange that he's carrying $300 - $400?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kluute
reply to post by loam

Why this is front page news I will never understand.

There are umpteen more important things we should be trying to achieve.

Nevermind Obamas wad of money..

A thread on ATS is hardly "front page news". .......

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

If there is a conspiracy worth investigating it might be the amount of rational thought some people supress when they see President Obama.

Indeed. I see that from both sides of the dominant political spectrum.
OK, I am seriously having a hard time swallowing any conspiracy notion here.
Is it a nefarious conspiracy to put us all back in chains?
Is he portraying confidence in American currency? Perhaps, but even that is a stretch to me.
I personally think there is some ‘tongue-in-cheek’ humor going on here.

I simply could not help myself here - sorry.
--------------------------------------------------

Photo of Presidential Money Shot = pennies
Lurid Close-up of Presidential Money Shot = a few pennies more
Being confident enough to display your ‘wad’ publicly = priceless
Some things you just can’t buy with your wad, for everything else there’s MasterWad.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

It seems like your whole premise is that no photographer could be close enough to take that picture, but there is this thing called zoom on cameras.

I'm confused why you it would matter or what motive Obama would have to pose for a picture of him with money, care to elaborate?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
It doesn't seem clear to me. There's about 3-4 feet between the edge of the photo and where the mayor is standing. You don't think it's possible that a photographer was standing just outside the first shot, then moved in as soon as the mayor stepped behind the president?

Nope.

At least not in the sense that it was a spontaneous shot.

Doesn't look like anyone other than the Mayor was allowed that close on that side of the counter.

Here is another photo I found at the deli. Why, look at that - it's from a different angle than the first shot. Is it the same photographer, or a different photographer?

Doesn't matter. What side of the counter would you say that's on?

So it wasn't that guy who took the shot from there.

There is no evidence that Obama deliberately wanted shots of his "wad".

Of course not. None at all.

edit on 24-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
He didn't earn that!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think this thread has run its course....

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I think this thread has run its course....

Ya, this thread ran its course after the first post.

edit on 24-9-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Sorry if this was already brought up, I haven't time to read the whole thread, but if he's buying campaign food, etc, his using a credit card would be a security risk. I wonder what would happen if you stole the president's identity?

And yeah, it's not like he has to worry about being mugged for his wallet and wristwatch.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

That's the oldest trick in the book.
He must put his big bills on the outside.
That way he looks like he has more money.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The second pic you can see a five spot and appears to be working his way thru the wad still, it would appear to be a couple 20's wrapping up some smaller bills, there is a urban name for this but will probably get me banned for saying it so ill pass. maybe he been hittin up some booby clubs with secret service. He's a wealthy man It doesn't surprise me he carrying alot of cash if that is the case. Who's going to rob him?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Sure its been said but

He should "redistribute" that money

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
We must be leaving in a pretty boring world, if contents of someone's wallet, as mundane and nondescript as they are, still manage to stir this kind of agitation. Some people like to carry hundreds. I prefer 20s. What's the big deal?

Come on. The $20 bill is the most convenient denomination when going for beers and fast food. How the hell can this be "interesting"?

If Obama was paying in gold bullion, now we'd have something to discuss.

Yawn.

Hmmm well first of all the President of the US is on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week. If he is "going out for beers" I'd say that is a possible National Security Risk.

Considering Michelle Obama's crusade in favor of eating healthy, I would sure hope Barrack is not making any McDonald's runs.

I did find the photo interesting and I found it so for the reasons I already stated. Sorry if that is not good enough for you or if that means I am "leaving" in a boring world. Last time I checked I was not leaving this world, but I was living in it

edit on 24-9-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Here's my theory. Obama is posing taking pictures of himself shopping and spending money like average folks at average places. The message is. Go out and support your economy by buying things just like the president.

He's using cash instead of a credit/ debit card because those things are associated with banks. And right now banks are hated by the general population. So to get the message across with minimal backlash they opt for Obama using cash instead. Where they screwed up is to have the wad be so big. Should have kept it to 1s and 5s.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by buddhasystem
We must be leaving in a pretty boring world, if contents of someone's wallet, as mundane and nondescript as they are, still manage to stir this kind of agitation. Some people like to carry hundreds. I prefer 20s. What's the big deal?

Come on. The $20 bill is the most convenient denomination when going for beers and fast food. How the hell can this be "interesting"?

If Obama was paying in gold bullion, now we'd have something to discuss.

Yawn.

Hmmm well first of all the President of the US is on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week. If he is "going out for beers" I'd say that is a possible National Security Risk.

Stop being facetious. Obama makes stops at restaurants just like other presidents did before him.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm not the President and that is not a lot of money to carry. There's a 5 in there. I doubt the unseen ones are $100's.

Even if they were all 20's, that's walking around money for grownups.. Which equals to pocket change for multimillionaire Super Power Leaders.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Actually, if I was the president...I would be like - I am the PRESIDENT....why am I paying for my lunch? But face facts people, all politicians have tons of cash.

Here is an idea for a story, gets let a picture of all the politicians wads.

Here is the Romney wad, the Ron Paul wad.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join