It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks reveals NATO attack plan against Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
NATO has plans for all contingencies from alien invasion to zombie apocalypse. They have think tanks for this specific purpose, all civilised nations have plans for the "What ifs" its kind of in the rule book.
edit on 23-9-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
NATO can plan as much as they want, but it isn't going to happen. We are all wide awake now and wouldn't allow it to happen. You cant have a war if no one turns up!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This should be dumped in the hoax bin.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

"NATO can plan as much as they want, but it isn't going to happen. We are all wide awake now and wouldn't allow it to happen. You cant have a war if no one turns up!"

Yes you can, War is as simple a pressing the big red button. 99% of the population are still fast asleep of that you can be sure, if you need proof look out the window at the atrocities that occur all around the globe on a daily basis.
edit on 23-9-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

look at his join date, just enough time to confuse ATS. and in time for screw with asanges court date.
reply to post by winofiend

Yeah, and look at yours dude. Later than his! Should I start calling you a CIA disinfo agent now?
You got some nerve.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

Sensationalism and drama aside all nations will have contingency plans, including plans that cover the possibility of an allied nation no longer being an allied nation.

Hell the US even has contingency plans for the invasion of Canada....

People need to understand this is normal and move on to more important things.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Hell the US even has contingency plans for the invasion of Canada....

Funny you said that, because this was the angle I was taking on the OP.

While much attention has been given to the potential global impact of climate change, less has been paid to how a warmer planet would affect regional climates.
www.science20.com...

Beyond obvious political and ideological reasons for conflict with Russia, there are also climate and geographical incentives that could similarly applied to Canada.

Is it possible that valuable land of the future will be a bit further away from the equator than it is currently? So, maybe, places like Russia and Canada will be sought after as new food growing regions.

Might Russia welcome Global Warming?

If you were participating in a competition for power and influence where you had the option of having your opponents become much weaker, while you became only slightly weaker, would you take that option? This may be the question Kremlin leaders are asking themselves in regard to cooperation on curbing global warming.

Another aspect of Russia’s coldness is illustrated by the early settlers of Yakutsk (with a current population of 270,000), who wrote that they could not dig a well nor could they expect to grow wheat. This is because the cold in Siberia is accompanied by permafrost—soil that remains frozen all year (with the exception of a thin top-layer that thaws seasonally). Permafrost covers over two-thirds of all of Russia’s territory—roughly 6.22 million square miles (see map).

Writing on this topic in 1983, Victor Mote concluded “In an average year, total losses to the cold comprise 33% of all possible working time in the Soviet north.”4 Furthermore, cold causes damage to industries, human health, buildings, equipment, and infrastructure; at -15 °C high carbon steel breaks, at -25-30 °C unalloyed steel breaks, frost-resistant rubber is required. When temperatures hit -35-40 °C tin-alloy steel components shatter, all compressors stop work, standard steels and structures rupture en mass.5

Russia will further gain from the warming of the ground and water in and around its territory.

In addition, Russia’s chief forecaster, Alexander Frolov, said that the North Pole may be completely ice-free in the summer within a few decades. The retreat of Arctic ice will reduce the cost of extracting natural resources from Arctic waters, which contain large reserves of oil, gas, gold, diamonds, nickel and tungsten.

Also, less susceptible to extreme storm weather from Ocean precipitation with vast inland area.

And, low population densities to provide for overpopulation in West Europe.

With these economic, agricultural, and geographical comparative advantages in the context of a changing climate, maybe the powers in place now are seeking to decapitate a king while they are still a prince.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

It/we are all coming to a sticky end. Some discern, some speculate, others deride, ignore and dismiss.
What do you propose/intend to do with the information?.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

"It/we are all coming to a sticky end."

Stop rubbing it then! LoL

"Some discern, some speculate, others deride, ignore and dismiss.
What do you propose/intend to do with the information?"

What info are you referring to specifically?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Originally posted by Nuker
Why would one attack Russia? Look at what America/NATO is doing to the world.. I know they've always wanted to attack Russia, but Russia is just sitting there, minding their own damn business, unless they get provoked of course.

A war with Russia is a war that no one wants to get involved with, only the Politician's want that war.

Contingency planning. You plan for just about everything you can imagine. The US even had plans ready for the invasion of Canada at one point.

And still does
But we have our to soo what
We even found a way to burn granite for our next DC Bon Fire

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
NATO is smart. History has shown that Russia won't ever be a trusted ally, while it might indeed be a temporary ally. My own country, Sweden, has had roughly four hundred years of history of war and cold war with Russia, yet our country seems to think that has suddenly ended with the Cold War ending. NATO seems to know better. They know Russia will always be Russia. An enemy even when it's an ally.

So, yeah, my point is, it's a contingency plan, and it's good that they have it, because they might very well need it one day.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

"And still does
But we have our to soo what
We even found a way to burn granite for our next DC Bon Fire"

Did Canada not whip the USAs bum cheeks(Win) in the war of 1812? Just a point!
edit on 24-9-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Welcome to 2010.

(old news)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
While as always I oppose war and violence for any reason, I have to say that this does not strike me as particularly alarming or unusual.

The U.S. and its allies maintain and routinely update and wargame multiple OPLANs for any eventuality. So does Russia and anyone else with a capable military. This has been true for a very, very long time. We also have OPLANs for how to cope with a sudden attack on South Korea by North Korea, and for the large scale invasion of the Arabian Peninsula, among other contingencies. This is not indicative of an imminent or "in the works" plan of attack in my opinion.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This is no surprise, when a country spends billions on defense, wouldn't you think somewhere someone was paid to come up with plans for such eventuality. I'm sure the US has plans to invade Canada and many other countries, enemies or allies.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Yes, this plan was drawn up, tentatively it seems, to protect the Baltic states from Russia. I say that Latvia, Estonia, etc are not worth fighting WWIII over. But then again, there was a pact that was made. Do we honor our word, and go to war with Russia if they take action in this region?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This is buildup For WWIII . NATO has gone Mad

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by crowzeroq
This is buildup For WWIII . NATO has gone Mad

except that the OP isn't true...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by crowzeroq

I'm sorry, but since when is having any kind of plan a buildup to a war? The US has plans to invade Canada, I'm sure Mexico, and many other countries, and has had them since at least the 1960s, and yet, we're not at war with any of them.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

Originally posted by leosnake
these crazy heads ...

They’re not crazy. They’re consistent. Though being great friends and NWO partygoers behind the curtain, the leaders of Nato, Russia, Israel, Iran etc outwardly continue their “devils and cops” game (“oooooh we just can’t trust evil …”). To keep the sheeple busy. And Wikileaks is part of it.

Why did Hitler attack Russia, to win or to lose WW2?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join