It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We As a People Of The USA Should Stand Up and Recall ALL Of Congress

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22
So what! Did you know they still get paid even after they are voted out/fired. Just because they held the office.
They continue to recieve a salary....... But yet they are always talking about "fairness"

Once again, not quite true. There is a lot of misinformation regarding Congressional and Senatorial pensions and health care. A Congressman only qualifies for a pension after serving three terms (at least 5 years) per "Retirement Benefits for Members of Congress", found here Senate.gov which says:

Under both CSRS and FERS, Members of Congress are eligible for a pension at the age of 62 if they have completed at least five years of service. Members are eligible for a pension at age 50 if they have completed 20 years of service, or at any age after completing 25 years of service. The amount of the pension depends on years of service and the average of the highest three years of salary. By law, the starting amount of a Member’s retirement annuity may not exceed 80% of his or her final salary.

Now while I admit those are great terms, they have to survive three election cycles (House only). Now the Senate is a different matter since they automatically serve the 5 year due to the fact that their term is 6 years.

As for the rest of your post, I mostly agree!

Cheers,
edit on 23-9-2012 by LetsGoViking because: typo

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot
I'm uncomfortable after reading the "close scrutiny" disclaimer at the top of this thread.

That's not written on any others that I've noticed.

The answer is clear: We Are the 99%.

Maybe you are part of the 99%.

I consider myself to be 1*.

No offense, but I hate that 99% line because it clearly isn't so.

But many buy into it nonetheless because they fail to take responsibility for their own selfs and actions and like to blame others for their problems.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LetsGoViking

Thanks for pointing that out the details.

However, when you get fired from a job that was not meant to be a carrier....

In the military if you "screw up" and get dishonorably discharged (fired) you loose any benifits you may have recieved.

Congress (both houses) and the white house are the only federal jobs where you can be fired (voted out) , commit treason, run the company in the ground, pass the bill onto the next guy, deprive citizens of liberty and freedom, pass rules and laws that don't apply to yourself or position/title and still recieve a pension. With a few exceptions.

It has become a situation where the servant rules the master.

We need to pay our "fair share"?

We as a people need to start reining in these perks, tugging on the leash a bit more.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

If there was a way to get this implemented it would seem to be a great idea.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I say we abolish the electoral college as well.

It does not help that when we vote for someone, they can override said vote --- leading our vote to be unnecessary.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I've called for a simple solution for MANY years now... Term limits for both the House and Senate, just like we have for the President...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You cant get enough people together to do anything significant, too many of em getting a check and food stamps and section eight housing. They wont give that up. First things first, get rid of the pitiful excuse for a president we have ! Then maybe we can reverse some of the crazy crap he has done since he has been in office. You people that voted for him should have seen how screwed up Chicago is , that should have been your sign.

edit on 23-9-2012 by mntnhooger because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2012 by mntnhooger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I say that a damn thing will never happen because.......we are too busy worrying about Muslims, Obama, UFO's, and GMO's

Get off of ATS, FB and Google..take a the time to message every single member on ATS and plain a day to do this nationwide but,

Its the weekend and the game is on, so lets do it on the weekday when we have to work, take kids to school and google on the internet for more alternative breaking news..

It will never happen until congress vote to shut the damn internet itself. Then we can recall Congress by telephone or mail and take a real stand.

It will never happen until we are all unplug from our computers..ya?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
We can in November, every seat in Congress is up for re-election.
It's too bad no one is talking about that.

VOTE OUT INCUMBENTS!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It saddens me to think that a lot of people here at ATS still think their votes "matter".

You can not accomplish change with votes anymore.
A new way of thinking needs to be spread around.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
wrong post again...sigh
edit on 23-9-2012 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
We can in November, every seat in Congress is up for re-election.
It's too bad no one is talking about that.

Well, you could start a new thread and talk about it.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime. Every seat? Wowza!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Do you think it is too late in the process to convince staunch "Take your pick of monikers here" to vote for a non-incumbent?

I think most people know who they will vote for. I think it will be close enough for the best cheater to win. Will anything change with 1/3 change out? NO.

It is an exercise in futility, but it is starting to look promising. 4 years ago it was talk and we were still listening to vague catch phrases that were easy to remember. Now we seek substance and accountability, at least more of us do. As the MSM implodes revealing their deviant nature the lemmings will become disenchanted with their old standards and begin to listen to reason even if it is on the DL.

They will not be able to admit to their friends how they voted, but they will vote their conscience in the booth. They will still be hypocrites, but they will at least give progress a chance seeing as how their entire world may be taken from them if they don't.

All it will take is medicare or retirement to go away or even be reduced and the abortion or gay agenda will be a distant memory. Once that happens the right will not have their trump card to manipulate their base. The polls would not reflect this since they will lie about their choice.

God Bless America!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I`m voting against every incumbent,i`m not going to pay any attention to their party affiliation.

This has been the least productive congress in over half a century,in a time when we need a very productive congress, these clowns are collecting record high pay checks and doing absolutely NOTHING!

One person can`t change things all by themselves and there may be some very dedicated incumbents but I don`t have the time to check all of their voting records to see which ones are worthy of keeping their jobs so i`m voting against ALL of them.
i don`t believe it will make much of a difference in the long run since they are all bought and paid for but i need to do something to voice my displeasure at how this country is being run.
edit on 23-9-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I agree with that statement 100%. The problem lies in the fact that these individuals basically apply for the job of representing the citizenry of the United States. They talk a very good game while on the campaign trail, but once in office there are absolutely ZERO measures in place to make sure that they abide by what they said they were going to do.

And when people vote for them based solely on what they say they are going to do, thinking that their interests are going to be represented, what happens when these politicians do something completely against what the voter was told they stood for? What happens is that the interests of the people do not matter one bit. Democracy is non-existent when this occurs, and it occurs quite often. What are these politicians scared of? Nothing, except losing reelection, and that is not punishment enough.

People apparently fail to see that when this happens there is a huge wrong being committed against the voters and people of the United States...The regular citizens who are not involved in politics.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
How can congress prevent outsourcing? Loss of labor jobs is technology in action. Furthermore, congress does not run businesses.

The government creates government jobs; you can't expect them to wave a wand and fix our crumbling nation. With that being said, our current congress is worthless; they either don't do enough, or they do too much. Electing a new congress, however, doesn't fix anything. The problem is that corruption runs rampant in the highest ranks of our government, thus rendering every action we take futile.

The only feasible solution is to get outlaw lobbying. The problem with outlawing lobbying is that congress would have to do it. Now tell me, why would congress want to take less bribes and make less money?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I do believe I did the research on this, we can't recall congressmen...unfortunately. Not by the books at least. Can we force resignation? Yes, if we try hard enough.

We should all be encouraging our communities to kick out every incumbent up for election, of course unless they have a proven record of being a true rep.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
IPhone 5 says no, must look at funny pictures and,

Ignoooorree.

I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by q13ert

Recall them? We need to SHOOT them. Honestly and truly. They'll cry for an appeal, they'll try to get as much cash as they want, demand a golden parachute, have their lobbyists muddy things up- just shoot the bastards.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
We could, if we had some cahonnies. We as a collective have been neutered. Impotent, Is where we are ..
edit on 24-9-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join