It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I get sick when I eat McDonalds food?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Very strange because people who like it, seem to become addicted to McD. Example: my 10 year old. I've tried to educate her, show her the youtubes and yet she still cries out for it. She isn't allowed it anymore. I've read somewhere the lesser of the fast food evils is Burger King so I will let her get that. I now get their veggie burger which isn't bad until they pile all the wet crap on there that disintegrates the bun. Freakin' gross!

I can't tolerate McDs myself. The last time I tried, I got a wicked headache and felt ill.

I am NOT McLovin it.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

I went through a phase of being addicted to McD's.

At the time it never occurred to me. I had mood swings, and basically would feel like sh*t until I got my daily dose. It wasn't till after I had quit eating McD's that I realized what was going on with me.

I don't think kids should be allowed eat that stuff at all.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

88 threads started since June, mostly complete faff, I have a hard time believing he's the full shilling.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I have the same problem with taco bell.
I cannot eat almost any of their food cause it makes me sick every time.
Which is to bad because I do like some of their food.

I figure it has to be something in their seasonings.
Pre-made crap so who knows what gets universally put in.
Never had that problem with Taco John's or any other Mexican restaurant, just Taco Bell.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
opinion: fast food is lousy, GMOs, chemicals, processing, factory farming, exploitation of animals and food allthe way down the line. It is killing people. And where does your hard earned $ go? multinational corporations doing their significant parts to damage the planet and you.
Solution: cooperate, grow your food, and organically, and in a sustainable manner. Buy your food as locally as possible. Avoid processed food.
Please be thankful for food. Nature desires your and the planet's health, and will facilitate that if you show interest with your thoughts and actions.
I love to read your conscious and honest replies, ATS. I realize that largely i am preaching to the choir here.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by elrem48

Originally posted by r2d246
Why do I get sick when I eat McDonalds food? And it really doesn't matter what I order. Even the healthy menu.

But other fast food places I'm fine. Like Wendy's, DQ and others I'm perfectly fine after eating there food.

What gives??? does McDonalds food have something in it that I'm not aware of, that other fast food places don't?

My question to you is simply, WHY would you continue to eat "food" from a place that continues to make you sick???

No I finally stopped about 6 months ago. I just won't eat there anymore. It's odd coming from a guy like me cuz I tend to think I can do anything. But you get sick like every freakin time it's like eventually you're just like "foock it! I'm done!". What kind of poison are they serving there anyway. And if all fast food was that bad then you'd get the same effect anywhere else. But I don't anywhere else I'm "totally fine after". Just Mc donalds. And I've heard the same from a lot of friends too. It's very bizzare.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
reply to post by r2d246

All your pointless banter about how 'they' are poisoning us with this and that and then you go and make a thread about how McD's make you sick? You really need looking after don't you. How old are you?

What? Just cuz I'm not some fundamentalist you get upset? Idealists are stupid. Until I get to heaven there's real life staring me in the face. That means if you're thirsty you drink the tap water, or if you're hungry at 3am then what? McDonalds is only thing open. Now I can't even have that. So now it's like 7/11 or something, they do sell a lot of fast food there at least. I do have a water filter at home a fluoride filter from Crystal Quest. I refuse to drink fluoride if I can avoid it. Chill dude

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild
Could be MSG?

Many people have a bad reaction to MSG.

wow you're right. ouch

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Oh crap..... I found this...... man I didn't know this....

".....MSG was in everything! The Campbell's soups, the Hostess Doritos, the Lays flavored potato chips, Top Ramen, Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper, Heinz canned gravy, Swanson frozen prepared meals, Kraft salad dressings, especially the 'healthy low fat' ones. The items that didn't have MSG had something called Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, which is just another name for Monosodium Glutamate. It was shocking to see just how many of the foods we feed our children everyday are filled with this stuff. They hide MSG under many different names in order to fool those who catch on.

But it didn't stop there. When our family went out to eat, we started asking at the restaurants what menu items had MSG. Many employees, even the managers, swore they didn't use MSG. But when we ask for the ingredient list, which they grudgingly provided, sure enough MSG and Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein were everywhere. Burger King, McDonalds, Wendy's, Taco Bell, every restaurant, even the sit down ones like TGIF, Chilis', Applebees and Denny's use MSG in abundance. Kentucky Fried Chicken seemed to be the WORST offender: MSG was in every chicken dish, salad dressing and gravy. No wonder I loved to eat that coating on the skin, their secret spice was MSG!

So why is MSG in so may of the foods we eat? Is it a preservative or a vitamin?

Not according to my friend John. In the book he wrote, an expose of the food additive industry called The Slow Poisoning of America, (www.spofamerica.com ), he said that MSG is added to food for the addictive effect it has on the human body...."

Full article here: Msg article

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Fineousstitch

"OLESTRA" sic...the imitation grease they fry in......blech!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by davethebear
I have no idea, I can honestly say that I have never had a McDonalds, nor do I ever want to either.......

Why man? Honestly, I ask, Why?!

Not because I think you should, or because I think you're missing out..

But why?

I've eaten them. I'm still alive.. No cancerous growth. I'm still functioing.. Heck, I ate them for a good 20 years.

WHY ?

== I ask wy because

Sounds like stupid lies otherwise. "I never ate a wooden stove, and I never died once!"

That sort of stupid..

Get lost if you think NOT eating food saves you. You live in this moronic world and you will die a moronic death.. Hit by a car (Why I never smoked a car in my life!) or a bus (Why I made sure to avoid busses all my life, and then....).. it's stupid...

cancer finds you in the deepest of jungles, and in the highest clouds..

Life finds you where you spend it most.

Id rather live than die.

edit on 23-9-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

So your definition of living is to eat maccas? That's your holy grail of achievement and fulfillment in this life?

Also, I really hate people who say "well you're going to die anyway, may as well eat s**t food and smoke cigarettes!"

It's about quality of life - if you smoke, you will get emphazima, no questions. You will not be able to breath very well for the last 10+ years of your life.

Chances are, smoking and drinking excessively will lead to a mutation in your genes, and you will get cancer as a result - you might be one of the lucky ones who doesn't, but you massively increase your chances ... plus reducing your quality of life while you're smoking, and in older age.

*face slap* People like you really, really, really annoy me. Alot.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I have the same problem with fast food. I don't eat it much but when I do, my body reminds me why I don't eat it as much.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It could be all in your head.

People who visit chernobyl often feel itchy, watery eyes, and have diarrhea, but it isn't because of the radiation. It's because they freak themselves out. Reverse placebo.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
McDonalds does nothing to me... but I am insanely sensitive to caffeine. Anything over 50mg, even if I drink it before 12pm, will keep me up to about 1-2am in the morning.

And don't let me get over 100mg, it's done. I'm not going to bed until 5am.

edit on 23-9-2012 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I have the same problem but it's not just Mickey D's. I get nauseus after eating greasy food. Doctor thinks it may be gallstones.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well, I have that problem too. If I eat food from Micky D's, I normally feel like I have to vomit after I've finished. I couldn't eat there at all for many many years because I'd get violently ill. Besides the fact that there's no real food in their "food", I'd also reckon it's the oils they use to cook their food in. Normally if you eat foods that were cooked in a lot of oil it tends to make the tummy unhappy. I remember whenever I was three or four years old and coudln't wait to get my McDonalds or Burger King every Friday when I went grocery shopping with my mom and grandma and now I just look back and ask myself why. Fast food makes my tummy very unhappy no matter what restaurant it's purchased from.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Oh crap..... I found this...... man I didn't know this....

Really, because at the end of the same post you state....

Not according to my friend John. In the book he wrote, an expose of the food additive industry called The Slow Poisoning of America, (www.spofamerica.com ), he said that MSG is added to food for the addictive effect it has on the human body...."

Let me get this straight......you knew nothing about MSG use in the food industry and yet, have a friend that had/has written an article/book about it.

Cough bull$#!t cough

edit on 23/9/2012 by OccamAssassin because:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
As a kid my parent's were "health food" freaks....so junk food was really a big treat when we got it....loved a vanilla milkshake and cheeseburger.......never had a cavaity in my life till I got old enough, late high school and college to eat all the junk I wanted...lol....I learned early what to spend my money on once I got a job......

Seriously I really noticed I would get sick from McD's when I got pregnant...the smell made me sick......it's very rare anymore that I will eat anything there, usually only on a road trip with someone who wants to go there...lol...I would pick pizza......

But I do think as we get older, I'm in my 40's now, your body just can't handle the "junk" as easily...and the chemicals and GMO foods have absolutely changed the way food tastes......I can't remember the last time I could find a good peach.....even a salad at McD's tastes wierd, like plastic.....gross....

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
i sometimes have problems with anxiety and when i eat fast food like mcdonalds it always seems to make it worse

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Why do I get sick when I eat McDonalds food? And it really doesn't matter what I order. Even the healthy menu.

But other fast food places I'm fine. Like Wendy's, DQ and others I'm perfectly fine after eating there food.

What gives??? does McDonalds food have something in it that I'm not aware of, that other fast food places don't?

Do you feel sick afterwards and then about 2-3 hours later, could eat another round of the stuff? McDonalds food is not fit for human consupmtion...

But from the opinion of a friend who went to the USA, all your food is nothing but Greasy, unhealthy crap..
edit on 23-9-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join