It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I get sick when I eat McDonalds food?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Why do I get sick when I eat McDonalds food? And it really doesn't matter what I order. Even the healthy menu.

But other fast food places I'm fine. Like Wendy's, DQ and others I'm perfectly fine after eating there food.

What gives??? does McDonalds food have something in it that I'm not aware of, that other fast food places don't?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

my mum has the same thing. If she eats maccas she is puking and sh@ttin for days
not sure why

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
does one really have to ask.....?...lol i thought this was an old issue....lol

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
perhaps its a combination of employee cleanliness and customers bad health habits...
too much coughing & spittal vapors in the air,,, non disinfected tables and condiment racks are also transmitters of bad germs...

all thos public fast food places have marginal bathroom maint. & cleaning standards

Then there is the issue of the food suppliers....it is not unexpected that the lettuce pickes do pee on the product sometimes and then an outbreak of salmonella comes around...Fast foods & cheapest products might combine for pickers with a grudge against multinational megabucks fast food giants like McD.
edit on 23-9-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Because it's full of crap. I try to avoid fast food whenever possible
I really don't believe any of those "healthy menus" are any good either. Even if the calories are lower, it's still full of processed, lab manufactured, or GMO crap.

As far as McDonald's compared to other places, I couldn't say.

But some guy plans on starting a natural healthy food chain.
Ex-McDonald's exec has healthy fast-food chain on his menu

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
That's because there is no real food in their "food". Did you know their french fries don't breakdown? In your belly? Lost in your back seat? At the garbage dump? Still look just as tasty.

Be nicer to your body.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Why do I get sick when I eat McDonalds food? And it really doesn't matter what I order. Even the healthy menu.

But other fast food places I'm fine. Like Wendy's, DQ and others I'm perfectly fine after eating there food.

What gives??? does McDonalds food have something in it that I'm not aware of, that other fast food places don't?

My question to you is simply, WHY would you continue to eat "food" from a place that continues to make you sick???

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Check it out

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well if it's specific to one fast-food chain, it must be in either their ingredients, else policies.

I'm going to take a guess it has to do with one of their fillers. Perhaps you're allergic to one of their food additives.

Cook your own food...you'll remain healthier for more of your years.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Simple answer: just DONT eat there anymore!!

It is JUNK FOOD, pure and simple. It degrades health, while making people overweight. Bad health makes you feel badly in general, and being overweight is UNATTRACTIVE AT BEST!!

Forget finding out why it makes you sick. Just dont eat the garbage anymore! Your body will thank you...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

All your pointless banter about how 'they' are poisoning us with this and that and then you go and make a thread about how McD's make you sick? You really need looking after don't you. How old are you?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Ahh..........I reckon this might have something to do with it - don't you?

Mould, maggots, fungi, bacteria — all have avoided the tempting meal that sits in plain view.

McDon alds meal perfect after sitting on counter for 1 year

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I kind of have the same problem with KFC. I only eat there once every few years, with my most recent experience being a few months ago. About 30 minutes after I eat there I then remember why I do not go there more often. I remember eating there as a kid, though, and not getting sick. Maybe it has something to do with them changing up thr recipes.

As others have pointed out there is a lot of garbage in fast food. Besides the fat and sugar, there are all sorts of preservatives and additives in the food that you might be particularly vulnerable too.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If I can ever muster up the courage to eat McDonalds, I never feel as if I ate anything afterwards. The only fullness I could get is from drinking the $1 large pop.

But I feel like crap after I eat any fast food.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

I havent eaten at mcdonalds in a very long time.. Hoiwever, I do love Jack in the Boxes two for one tacos and their 1 dollar breakfast jacks

edit on 23-9-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Knowing its you dude, I'd say it's either in your mind (you're been told its bad hence you just accept it, eh?) OR because you're so vocal about it, a buds putting the funky in your foods..

Maccas is crap. But I've never gotten sick from it. I still to this day enjoy it once every 2 years or so.

Stop trying to find problems man, you'll find less problems.. and stop crying when you find one. you are not the first.

I want a qaurter pounder now. thanks I can't get one..
edit on 23-9-2012 by winofiend because: absolutely

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I have no idea, I can honestly say that I have never had a McDonalds, nor do I ever want to either.......

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
I have no idea, I can honestly say that I have never had a McDonalds, nor do I ever want to either.......

Why man? Honestly, I ask, Why?!

Not because I think you should, or because I think you're missing out..

But why?

I've eaten them. I'm still alive.. No cancerous growth. I'm still functioing.. Heck, I ate them for a good 20 years.

WHY ?

== I ask wy because

Sounds like stupid lies otherwise. "I never ate a wooden stove, and I never died once!"

That sort of stupid..

Get lost if you think NOT eating food saves you. You live in this moronic world and you will die a moronic death.. Hit by a car (Why I never smoked a car in my life!) or a bus (Why I made sure to avoid busses all my life, and then....).. it's stupid...

cancer finds you in the deepest of jungles, and in the highest clouds..

Life finds you where you spend it most.

Id rather live than die.

edit on 23-9-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Do you live on the planet Earth

Which country do you reside in? I'm curious...that's even worse than the people who have told me they've never seen star wars!

Have you seen star wars

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
one possibility is the ammount of grease. happens occasionaly with me at almost any chicken place in north america, get just the right ammount of grease and wow it cleans me out.

on the same line of thinking tho is what the heck is the difference with foods in north america in comparison to other parts of the world? i know a few people who have issues with melons, cucumbers and such in north america, but yet can eat it without issue in Asia? why can someone not tolerate coffee again in north america, yet can drink coffee brought back from Asia just fine? i have heard similar from people about allergies/not being able to tolerate different foods bought in north america (including foods imported by the food industry from other countries). but yet have no issue with with the same foods outside of north america? and we are even talking allergies to foods in north america that can KILL a person, yet suffer NO ILL EFFECT to the same foods they accidentally ate elsewhere in the world.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join