It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran discovered listening device near the nuclear site

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

"Iranian experts report ... " .... Iran most certainly DID say things. "Iranian Revolutionary Guards found ... " ... Only Iranian sources would have given that info.

That's my point. The story doesn't add up.

From RT

Tehran did not report discovering the device.

JP

The Iranians did not report the discovery,

I just pointed out why the claims like "Iranian Revolutionary Guards found ... " don't fit the other claims made.

What I said was just fine. And I'm not 'spreading wrong information'. edited to 'be nice'

You suggested that the Iranians broke the story, which is not true, therefore false.

You can't trust what the Israelis say. You can't trust what the Iranians say. You can't trust what the Obama administration says. You can't trust what any of them say.

This is true, but your original post was only aimed at the supposed dishonesty of the Iranians, while they didn't even bring the story.
edit on 23-9-2012 by DermotMcDerp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DermotMcDerp
That's my point. The story doesn't add up.

We agree. I think the story is bunk. If it had happened, the Iranian gov't would have been
all over it .. having gov't staged anti-american riots. (even if the USA didn't do it)

You suggested that the Iranians broke the story, which is not true, therefore false.

The story says the original information came from the Iranian Guards. This is an elite gov't unit.

your original post was only aimed at the supposed dishonesty of the Iranians, while they didn't even bring the story.

I expanded upon my response because it seems it wasn't clear enough to some.

1 - Iran is totally dishonest. Can't trust them.
2 - Israel is totally dishonest. Can't trust them.
3 - The Obama administration is totally dishonest. Can't trust them.
4 - Heck .. The Saudis are totally dishonest. Can't trust them either.
5 - The 'Iranian Guard', the SUPPOSED SOURCE OF THE STORY, is totally dishonest.
Cant trust them.

Now .. Did I cover everyone who could possibly be involved? If I left anyone out of the list .. listen up .. EVERY GOVERNMENT has dishonest intent when it comes to Persia and the Middle East. There .. I hope that covers everyone so there is no confusion.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The best thing they could have done with the device was to put it in a room with a stereo blaring AC/DC.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

We agree so just for clarity,

The story says the original information came from the Iranian Guards. This is an elite gov't unit

It said this,

Iranian Revolutionary Guards found monitoring device disguised as rock near Fordow nuclear site, 'The Sunday Times' reports.

The Iranian Revolutionary Guards discovered an electronic monitoring device near the Fordow nuclear site in northern Iran last month, The Sunday Times reported Sunday, citing western intelligence sources.

The Iranians did not report the discovery, according to the Times.

They only said the Iranians found it, it didn't say they reported it to the press, it specifically said they didn't.

That's what makes it so strange. How do they know all of this when the Iranians didn't report it.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Do you think the device was listening to the sound of computers communicating and can therefore hear loud music?

The story is probably bogus, but if they had a device to spy on computer communication, it would not be by listening to sound waves.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I actually think this might be real. It is technologically plausible.

The purpose of the rock is to measure the electromagnetic fields from the power system powering the centrifuges. The point is to try to estimate how many are running and how long they are running, are they "testing" or are they in "full production".

It probably has some limited lifetime, it has a battery and intermittently sends back compressed data to a satellite.

The western intelligence sources leaking the story (not sure about motivation, could have been a slip up, or a rivalry) realized that they got a "help i'm being kicked, i'm self-destructing" signal from the device, and then saw some coded internet traffic among the Iranian Revolutionary Guard and thought it was a likely result, but really don't know for sure.

Why was it leaked? Who knows. It could be as idiotic as one faction inside the intelligence agency who thought the plan was a dumb idea wanted to embarass the people who had worked on it.

Or it could be actually an Iranian intelligence agent posing as a western intelligence official and meeting a reporter, and feeding him a whole bunch of porky pie. The point of this was to try to smoke out information/reactions because they suspect there are monitoring devices planted.

Think a bit more sophisticated, people.
edit on 23-9-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

The purpose of the rock is to measure the electromagnetic fields from the power system powering the centrifuges. The point is to try to estimate how many are running and how long they are running, are they "testing" or are they in "full production".

The device was reportedly capable of intercepting data from computers in Fordow.

Your version is little bit more believable technically speaking, yet also very very unlikely.

Think a bit more sophisticated, people.

You mean let's phantasize?
edit on 23-9-2012 by DermotMcDerp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Yes, it was a 100% fantasy, but based on known technological facts. Monitoring power consumption for determining purposes of covert facilities has been a long-time tool of technical intelligence gathering, developed for the Cold War. Large scale rotating machinery has a known effect.
edit on 23-9-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Fair enough, and interesting info, but the way this story is brought doesn't add up, that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So, this story sheds a little more light on this topic, eh?

www.nytimes.com...

Turns out these rocks have been inserting and capturing data from computers isolated from the interwebs via radio. Probably how they got Stuxnet and subsequent virus' onto their machines.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join