It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Noticed How Quickly Threads are Being Added as Banner Headlines to the ATS New Topics Page?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Has anybody noticed how quickly the banner headlines are being added to the top of the New Topics Page?

These banner headlines never used to appear so quickly in the past. Most threads that used to appear there were there due to the amount of responses made to a thread and used to have a large amount of stars and flags attached to them.....

The turnaround from being added as a new thread to becoming a new banner is so quick now...

The latest thread that has been added as a banner in such a short space of time is the Alien in Australian Pub Window....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Surely people aren't taking this thread seriously are they?

I have seen some great threads with loads of responses and S & F's, but they have never been added as a banner headline.........

Going by the comments made so far, the thread has just turned into a joke?

I just don't get it..............

Anybody else understand this or is it just me?

edit on 23-9-2012 by davethebear because: additional writing

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Found this on the Banner Headlines.

Not sure how to respond.

O.o

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I saw a thread that was closed days ago, with a banner headline today.

I'm sure a mod will come along and explain it to us. Whether the explanation makes sense or not......

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
was it the meteor thread

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I've noticed threads are being organised across the site far more quickly than previously.

I guess its more alternative news that bringing the traffick to the site, so they're probabley maintaining it a lot better to accomodate newer visitors.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
I've noticed threads are being organised across the site far more quickly than previously.

I guess its more alternative news that bringing the traffick to the site, so they're probabley maintaining it a lot better to accomodate newer visitors.

She sounds like a FINK. I rekon she's somehow infiltrated these hard walls, and is now being forced to work on the inside.

Always on the inside eh... I .. I am onto this!!

They don't call me Doctor Shenanigans for no reason...

*slips card in door*

-- DOnt ask me, I don;t even know whats going on here.. But I smell purple.

edit on 23-9-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Your actually not to far from the truth! Aha.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
was it the meteor thread

No it wasn't the Meteor thread. That thread was a great thread with so many responses from people who actually eye- witnessed the meteor happening with people also added interesting posts and videos not long after the event actually happening...

The thread I mentioned concerning the Alien standing outside the Australian pub was just one example of how quickly threads seem to become a banner headline on the New Topics page, but don't seem to have much in the way of being taken very seriously going by the responsive comments ATS members posted in reply....

I was trying to state that there are loads more other threads with loads more detail with hard work put into them that don't seem to get the recognition that they deserve....

I am not putting any thread down I am just making an observation....

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

Yeah, you are probably correct there Sinny, I suppose to change banner headlines more quickly could be for the benefit of new members to gain their interest depending on what details and information the thread contains....

I suppose if everybody wrote a thread and added the words UFO or Alien in them, then they would also gain more traffic.....

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I have the answer, but not the specifics. SkepticOverlord is reworking much of the ATS code lately. Some of the changes have already rolled out.

You'd have to ask to have this thread put into board and business questions to get the specifics of all that from the source though.

But that's the answer generally speaking.

~Heff

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by davethebear

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I have the answer, but not the specifics. SkepticOverlord is reworking much of the ATS code lately. Some of the changes have already rolled out.

You'd have to ask to have this thread put into board and business questions to get the specifics of all that from the source though.

But that's the answer generally speaking.

~Heff

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Oh, okay, cheers Heff, I knew you would come back with some kind of answer..............cheers

top topics

join