It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Info on Mormonism Required?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
As a non USA resident/citizen watching with interest the Rommney push for the Presidency of the USA can I ask humbly for opinions on the Mormon belief system?

Does not mormonism believe in multiple wives?
I know Donny osmond was a mormon from memory?
Is he and his family behind Romney?
Should we be concerne about a Mormon US president?
Or ...are beliefs irrelevant?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
I know Donny osmond was a mormon from memory?
Should we be concerne about a Mormon US president?

Not anymore.
No idea.
No idea.
No.
Yes.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Morman fundamentalist groups still practice poligamy.

Mormon fundamentalists are groups or individuals who break from the dominant form of Mormonism practiced by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.[citation needed] Since the mid-19th century, numerous fundamentalist sects have been established, many of which are located in small, cohesive, and isolated communities in areas of the Western United States, western Canada and Mexico.[citation needed] Mormon fundamentalists advocate a return to Mormon doctrines and practices which adherents believe the LDS Church has wrongly abandoned, such as plural marriage, the Law of Consecration, the Adam-God theory, the Patriarchal Priesthood, elements of the Mormon Endowment ritual, and often the exclusion of Blacks from the priesthood.[citation needed]

Plural marriage is generally considered the most central and significant doctrine separating fundamentalists from the mainstream Latter Day Saint movement.[citation needed] In Mormon fundamentalist groups, women are typically expected or encouraged to adhere to a strongly patriarchal perspective on women's roles and activities and, in many cases, participate in plural marriage.[citation needed
t

source

Donny was raised as a Mormon in Utah along with his siblings.

Yes he was.

I couldn't say.

Should we be concerned about a Mormon US president?

That is up to each individual. you should see what their Religion is about and make up your own mind.
The truth About Mormonism

I think so but that is for each person to decide on their own.
edit on 23-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: add

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

This is true, but the "main" group which Romney belongs to does not.

ETA: I believe the Mormon religion is a cult. I find their beliefs ludicrous, and much of it has been proven wrong since the religion was founded on things that at the time could not be deciphered/explained. As I said, who cares what he believes, what he will do is all that matters.
edit on 23-9-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Joseph Smith was well known as a practical joker who was famous for elaborate ‘jokes’ on his family and others in his sphere of influence.

The Mormon ‘archangel’ bears the name ‘MORONi’.

Coincidence? I think NOT...

I suspect that the whole Mormon ‘religion’ is Smith's most elaborate practical joke of all time.

"Many years earlier Bill was told (by the North American high master of druidism he studied under) that if he ever got into spiritual trouble he should join the Mormon church. The reason being is that church had been started by witches for witches to hide out while appearing nice, conservative Republicans. He was pleased to be personally told by the Mormon prophet, elder Faust, that the god of the Mormon temple was Lucifer.

Mormon missionaries tend not to use the word ‘mor-mon’ since it means ‘gates of hell’ in china.

Source

edit on 23-9-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Joseph Smith, Jr., first leader of the Latter-day Saints (Mormons) and purported source of the White Horse Prophecy.

The White Horse Prophecy is a statement purported to have been made in 1843 by Joseph Smith, Jr., founder of the Latter Day Saint movement, regarding the future of the Latter Day Saints (Mormons) and the United States of America. The Latter Day Saints, according to the prophecy, would "go to the Rocky Mountains and ... be a great and mighty people", identified figuratively with the White Horse described in the Revelation of John. The prophecy further predicts that the United States Constitution will one day "hang like a thread" and will be saved "by the efforts of the White Horse".[1] - Wikipedia

Clearly, Mitt Romney is The White Horse of Mormon prophesy.
He will save us.
edit on 23-9-2012 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2012 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

This is true, but the "main" group which Romney belongs to does not.

ETA: I believe the Mormon religion is a cult. I find their beliefs ludicrous, and much of it has been proven wrong since the religion was founded on things that at the time could not be deciphered/explained. As I said, who cares what he believes, what he will do is all that matters.
edit on 23-9-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

I agree with both your statements but I was just trying to give as complete and honest answer as I could.

If I was asked what I think about the religion I would still be typing but I wasn’t asked for my Bias.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I think a candidates beliefs are entirely relevant in the electorial process. However, and this is in spite of my opinions regarding matters of a more eternal nature, religion isn't. There are plenty of people who aren't religous who are objectively "good people" who would make fine leaders and there are many who actively participate in some form of religion who are not. In my opinion there are too many factors that combine to form a person's worldview and belief structure to determine their future actions simply by what religion they subscribe to.

I wont answer the polygamy question as it has already been answered.

Yes Donny Osmond is a mormon and he and his family do seem to be in support of Romney.

Many mormon beliefs are indeed fairly strange. However, and I say this as a Christian, they are no more so than seemingly any other religion. Religion is a search for truth not a search for fact. It is called faith for a reason. My religious views cannot be objectively proven right or wrong and neither can anyone elses. The founder of their faith was supposedly visited by an angel as a young boy in New York and entrusted with golden plates engraved with what would become the Book of Mormon. The founder of my religion was the result of a virgin birth. Nothing in the world, apart from faith, can make either of those statements seem plausible.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Here is some info you might not know

Mountain Meadows Massacre

Sept. 11, 1857

Sept. 11 was a tragic date in American history long before the terrorist attacks of 2001.

On Sept. 11, 1857, a Mormon militia in southern Utah seized a wagon train from Arkansas and brutally murdered 120 people. Soon after, records of the event were destroyed and Mormon leaders attempted a cover-up. The "Mountain Meadows Massacre" still troubles the descendants of both the attackers and victims.

source
Really Good Source with audio and video

Mormon Terrorist Funding

Why Are Mormons (& John Conyers) Funding Islamic Terrorism?
Mormons are among the most patriotic Americans.
So, why are they the new financiers of Islamic terrorism and instruction for young children in beheadings?
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, the Mormon Church, is the single largest donor to the U.S. branch of Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW), also known as Islamic Relief. In the past year, it donated $1.6 million to the charity.
But Islamic Relief is not just any charity. The Israeli government says it is a HAMAS front group. It is also under investigation by the American government.
IRW was founded in 1984 by Dr. Hany El Banna. He is a relative of Hassan El Banna, founder of the Muslim Brotherhood terrorist group–from which HAMAS, Yasser Arafat, and Al-Qaeda’s second-in-command Ayman Al-Zawahiri emanated.

source

Moroms were once at war with the US

Missouri Mormon War

1838 Mormon War

The specific dates of the war are from August 6, 1838, (the Gallatin election battle) to November 1, 1838, when Joseph Smith surrendered at Far West. During the conflict 22 people were killed (3 Mormons and 1 non-Mormon at Crooked River,[2] one Mormon prisoner fatally injured while in custody,[3] and 17 Mormons at Haun’s Mill).[4] An unknown number of non-combatants died due to exposure and hardship as a result of being expelled from their homes in Missouri.[5]

The conflict was preceded by the eviction of the Mormons from Jackson County, Missouri, in 1833.

All of the conflicts in the Mormon War occurred in a corridor 100 miles (160 km) to the east and northeast of Kansas City, Missouri.

As a result of the war, nearly all Mormons in Missouri, estimated at more than ten thousand, were forced to leave the state. Most of these refugees settled in or near what would become the city of Nauvoo, Illinois

source

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

Look a little deeper into Mormonism. Some of Mormon beliefs are testable and can be proven false.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
mormon.org...

go to that link they are live and chat to you
edit on 23-9-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

I will one day when I am bored.
Gave you a star because you made me laugh.

Some of there stuff is absolutly loony.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

just dont mention magnets to them

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Why? Please tell me why. I need to laugh more.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Why Are Mormons Funding Islamic Terrorism?

Because they are BOTH on the same team with the same exact agenda.

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda."

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control. The indoctrination of the masses by a "Trojan Horse" false religion has allowed the Illuminati to take control and work in secret for many, many years."

All false religions are illuminati created

"The gods that are relative to each religion are continually manufactured in the minds of those that are enslaved. The indoctrination of the masses by religion has led to a brainwashed society that is easy for the Illuminati to take control of.

Every major religion in the world has been infiltrated by the Illuminati. A group that calls themselves Light Feet has installed Illuminati members in every major religion of the world. The purpose of these Light Feet is to ensure that the masses are controlled by their respective religion." Source

Satan is behind ALL false religion
Religion is a major tool of the Illuminati agenda

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

google it its funny(ish)
edit on 23-9-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I googled it. Not funny. Not sure what an ICP song has to do with Mormons. There's nothing in their religion about magnets.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I just started a thread asking why it upsets them. Best answere I found was that science of magnets goes against there religion.

new topics

top topics

join