It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason for EVERYTHING.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by happykat39

Your information is about two decades out of date. When Voyager 2 did a fly-by of Neptune we learned that our estimates of it mass were off. With the new mass plugged in the perturbations disappeared.

Apparently the disagreement between astronomers is still going on as witness this article...

No, we don’t believe this is a marauding death star but could rather be the long sought after missing brown-dwarf type planetoid that may be lurking beyond Pluto which could account for the gravational anomalies in the 9th planet’s orbit. Tyche’s only threat to the planet could be its ability to gravitationaly dislodge comets from regions of the Oort cloud and hurl them in the direction of Earth.

This comment is a summation at the end of the article at this link...
Read the full article here

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

That comment is not from any astronomer. It is from the blogger.
Pluto's orbit does not have any unaccounted for "anomalies".

edit on 9/24/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

As Phage has mentioned that is not from an astronomer. The reason Tyche was hypothesized was to explain the orbits of long period comets. Nothing more than that. On top of that, Matese and Whitmire, the researchers who proposed it, are pretty much the only ones supporting the hypothesis.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This stuff coming from way out in left field blogs has some merit.
The original Pioneer anomaly was due to heat though.
edit on 24-9-2012 by Cauliflower because: further analysis

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by alexs
reply to post by Trublbrwing

i suppose its like trying to tell a blind person what the colour green looks like

No such thing as blind. Blind people are just too lazy to see. I apologize in advance to all the blind people reading this.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

As Phage has mentioned that is not from an astronomer. The reason Tyche was hypothesized was to explain the orbits of long period comets. Nothing more than that. On top of that, Matese and Whitmire, the researchers who proposed it, are pretty much the only ones supporting the hypothesis.

I am leaning toward agreeing with you, but there are way too many people out there both with and without credibility making too many claims without really hard evidence for me to really make up my mind right now. IMHO, this is one of those times for me that I am going to take a wait and see stance at least for now.

As for any connection to the made up 12/21/2012 doomsday prophecies, my stand on that is that there are so many people setting so many dates for so many disasters that sooner or later one of them is going to be right by just plain dumb luck. That it could be the 12/21/2012 predictions is just as likely as any others. In other words, just a pure cosmic lottery as to what and when it will be when ELE level disaster strikes.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
This is a recent study exploring the difference between observed and theoretical movement within the solar system. While the author doesn't pinpoint a source for the problem he confirms the possible existence of an unknown perturbing force,
arxiv.org...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Wormwood approaches....The End Is Nigh

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEndisNigh

Got any evidence to support that claim? I mean people have been saying that for centuries now and they've all been wrong. So what makes your claim any more valid?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
This is a recent study exploring the difference between observed and theoretical movement within the solar system. While the author doesn't pinpoint a source for the problem he confirms the possible existence of an unknown perturbing force,
arxiv.org...

From the link above, where does it describe a perturbing force as I did not see it.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This information is from joint Harvard University/ Smithsonian conference on general relativity held May 2012.
Most are power point type slide presentations in pdf format so they're pretty easy to follow.
First one deals with dark matter and indicates flaws (falsify in report language) in cold dark matter models. Another case of forcing data to fit the holes.
www.cfa.harvard.edu...
The next presentation helps explain why it's difficult to measure gravity change. New methods are explained.
www.cfa.harvard.edu...
Tests on Lunar ranging and GRACE.
www.cfa.harvard.edu...
When someone says astronomers would notice right away if orbits were off, tell them to stand 50 yard away while you hold a bottle cap in the air. Tell them to close their eyes for 30 seconds and move the bottle cap one inch left. Ask how far the bottle cap moved.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
arxiv.org...

From the link above, where does it describe a perturbing force as I did not see it.

Thanks!

The first reference is in the introduction, dark matter, dark energy and supplementary accelerations are terms for an unknown perturbing force without having to say "unknown" in your paper.

"variation of the gravitational constant G induced by dark energy (4) or scalar field theories (5)as well as supplementary accelerations due to dark matter (6,7), MOND theories (8) or modifiedgravitational potentials"

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Looks like good reading. Thanks for continuing to update us.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join