It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invasion earth ...now occurring...media blackout?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
reply to post by jiggerj

*snip* removed actioned post.

You're name calling over a discussion of space debris? Man, it must suck to be you! Or to be around you.
edit on 9/24/2012 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghezuz

As of December 31, 2009, there were 6,854 spacecraft launched. This is an average of 132 spacecraft a year over the last 52 years. This number varied from 180 in 1965 to only 77 in 2004 (see Table 1). Of those spacecraft, 3,543 are Russian and 1,811 are American. All other countries (including Europe, Japan, China, and India) had sponsored only 808 spacecraft. There are also 580 commercial spacecraft and 112 built by amateurs and students.

www.thespacereview.com...

I hope this answers your question jigg,
edit on 23-9-2012 by Ghezuz because: (no reason given)

Of all those launches how much material did each lose? T'sall I'm asking.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

LOL Yes, I know NASA is tracking it.
-------------------------------------------------------
Thousands of satellite launches. Okay, let's say each of these missions to launch a satellite lost five items in space. No, make it fifty items. No again, let's go ridiculous and make it 5000 items lost for every mission. That's five, ten, hell, let's call it a hundred million pieces of junk floating around our planet.

Earth has a surface area of 197 million square miles. That would be roughly HALF OF JUST ONE item floating in ONE SQUARE MILE of space. Considering that the area in space around the earth is much more than the area on the planet, that would make the space junk not even worth mentioning.
---------------------------------------------------
LOL You're funny!

Yes, I'm funny. And you are plainly ignorant of the facts. It is well know that there is so much space junk NASA see it as a major problem, hence the many millions of dollars they spend trying to keep a track of it all. If you had bothered to google this rather than all that other crap you would know this. Try going to google and typing in 'space junk' and then pressing the search button. Every major space agency on the planet see space junk as a major hazard to space flight, because there is so damn much of it. But hey - I guess you know better.....

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Regarding Fireballs, If we were really being invaded by an Alien species that could traverse Billions of miles then they should have high enough tech not to be coming in like a 1950s Low Budget Sci Fi movie.

They'd be cooler than that and more stealthy me thinks then when the time is right without warning they'd Stri...

Ahh but that's what they Want you to think... they've disguised themselves as fireballs and space-junk so that nobody knows they're here.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nothingwrong

Thousands of satellite launches. Okay, let's say each of these missions to launch a satellite lost five items in space. No, make it fifty items. No again, let's go ridiculous and make it 5000 items lost for every mission. That's five, ten, hell, let's call it a hundred million pieces of junk floating around our planet.

Earth has a surface area of 197 million square miles. That would be roughly HALF OF JUST ONE item floating in ONE SQUARE MILE of space. Considering that the area in space around the earth is much more than the area on the planet, that would make the space junk not even worth mentioning.
LOL You're funny!

Yes, I'm funny. And you are plainly ignorant of the facts. It is well know that there is so much space junk NASA see it as a major problem, hence the many millions of dollars they spend trying to keep a track of it all. If you had bothered to google this rather than all that other crap you would know this. Try going to google and typing in 'space junk' and then pressing the search button. Every major space agency on the planet see space junk as a major hazard to space flight, because there is so damn much of it. But hey - I guess you know better.....

Why are you people trying to start a fight over space junk!!! LOLOLOL If I had all the facts I wouldn't be here chatting about it.

All I'm saying is the numbers don't feel right. That's all. LMAO!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Perhaps a better approach would have been "Really!? I didn't know that, how fascinating! I didn't think there was that much junk, wow, I have learned something today!"

But you chose to question and try to defend your incorrect point.

I hope you have learned something today. I appologise if I was a bit rough on you ;O)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Perhaps a better approach would have been "Really!? I didn't know that, how fascinating! I didn't think there was that much junk, wow, I have learned something today!"

But you chose to question and try to defend your incorrect point.

I hope you have learned something today. I appologise if I was a bit rough on you ;O)

I'm sorry, but you can't be rough on me when it comes to the topic space debris! Seriously, I'm laughing hard enough for my eyes to water. LOLOL

Anyway, as you can see, my original post WAS a question -> "Don't you find that debris field more than a little unrealistic?"

However, I'm going to try one more time to explain in my next reply.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Thanks Guys for the trolilish off topic replies to this serious thread.

Not everything in this world relates to ones ego?

We may have been invaded? yeah? hit any buttons?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nothingwrong

Okay, here we go: From Wikki:

Amount of Space Debris

The vast majority of the estimated tens of millions of pieces of space debris

That's tens of millions. It could mean 20 million, or even 90 million. But, let's go bonkers and say all the space debris totals 198 MILLION!

Now, from Wiki answers: Surface Area of the Earth

About 198 million square miles.

So, if we take ALL of the space debris and place it on the earth, it would be ONE piece in each square mile. Imagine standing in an open square MILE with one piece of space junk. In your mind does this image seem like this?

Or does it seem more like this:

edit on 9/23/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Thanks Guys for the trolilish off topic replies to this serious thread.

Not everything in this world relates to ones ego?

We may have been invaded? yeah? hit any buttons?

No, no! We're not off topic. You're talking about an invasion from space, and I'm saying the numbers of space debris don't seem to match the illustration. Now, IF the numbers of space debris are less than what's being shown in the illustration, then what do the extra dots represent???

In your OP you asked:

Ok where is the evidence?

Well, I thought I found a bit of it. Guess not, though, eh?
edit on 9/23/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

LOL You're funny!

Oh boy!. If everything up there was stationary and everything that travelled went at 30mph then you are absolutely correct. Unfortunately things tend to move a little faster than that!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

thank you jiggeri

I saw that on the first page and knew it was made to look much for a purpose. What one forgets, the points are not the junk itself. Scale down the points and you would not be able to see them anymore. It´s made to look drastic.
Almost disinformation that picture!

addition: I hope everyone saw that jiggeri took 198 Million instead of "tens of millions". That alone shows how overestimated that picture is.
edit on 23-9-2012 by StareDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

You are right. Apologies for going off topic. Easily distracted, I am!

My answer remains the same. We have not been invaded. We just had some meteors burn up in our atmosphere. This happens rather a lot

www.abovetopsecret.com...

1 piece of junk per square mile seems like plenty enough to have a a bunch fall to earth in a little storm.

So - space junk, meteors - whatever. Something burned up in the atmosphere as it fell to earth. This seems unlike any alien invasion I could envisage. Seems to me an alien invasion would be a little more stealthy. And perhaps a bit quicker. I honestly think we would know by now if we were being invaded. The dead bodies would be piling up and I am sure we would notice that.

Still have not seen any links to any evidence of communications going wrong or any of the other things talked about in the OP. Sure would be interested to see some.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghezuz

Looking at those pictures I start to realize how stupid idea was sending satellites to earth's orbit in this moment. From all the threats from space it's just a matter of time when debris will turn against us and start falling back. Hey, but more cases of UFO's, cool.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It ta a ma to ad his mis, thing gettin mor strang her but canno put int wors .
see mor and mo brit objts in sy , a bt afaid.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Couldn't have put it better myself. I completely agree. Very wise words.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Couldn't have put it better myself. I completely agree. Very wise words.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

On the Friday21st September 2012, unidentified material entered Earth's atmosphere.

On Saturday 22nd September 2012, we got our answers.......

It's all ok folks, the Doctor will save us !

Serious Note : What are the chances the reason it is being attributed (speculated) in part to space junk, is because admitting we missed the presecence of a NEO actually entering our atmosphere, may have spread alarm ?!

edit on 23-9-2012 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
I think ALOT of folks Are on edge about the dec 21 thing. Whether you believe it or not, something happens and the mind goes to "omg it's happening" status. It's kinda in the back of the mind these months and every event seems to trigger a doomsday scenario thought. I'll be glad when this date passes and nothing happens. I'm one that doesn't believe but I still think to myself what if this is what starts it all.

It makes me wonder if TPTB understand it's 2012 and are pushing an agenda to MAKE something happen. Because of the date everyone's minds are already tuned to disaster so it would be easy for them to do this.

Just a theory...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222

Originally posted by sgspecial19

If those fireballs were the same objects leaving the moon a few days ago, I wouldn't be surprised lol.

did i miss a thread? what objects leaving the moon a few days ago?

update pls???

Here ya go:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join