Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Here we go, three months from that infamous date...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

That's when they'll start the 2021 forum, and we'll have 9 more years of doom - saying foolishness.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I'm not saying mass suicides over superstition is a good thing but... I feel like it may not exactly be a bad thing either...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well, at least one rare event happens on December 21st 2012, every 25,800 years Sun's path completes full 360-degree backward rotation through the zodiac. In astrology, it means end of the Age of Pisces, and start of Age of Aquarius, since Sun travels from constellation of Pisces to Aquarius during March equinox.

Also not so rare event that happens every 700 and 1400 years is that during winter solstice, Sun will cross the Galactic equator. Every year it looks like Sun is coming from the middle of Galactic equator, but precession causes very slight shift. During 21st December 2012, Sun is perfectly aligned with Galactic equator.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by PsychoReaper4

The human race will not cease to exist. Revelations clearly states that God's elect will establish HIS reign on earth and that it will last forever. The mayan predictions are simply indicating the end of this era and the entrance into the next era. Everyone will see who takes control and ends all this destruction without lifting a finger.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

Wrong on both counts. Well, I wouldn't exactly say wrong on the first count. Nobody has actually been able to determine the exact date the Sun moves from one astrological house to another. Just look at the number of different claims for when we supposedly entered or will enter the Age of Aquarius. It hasn't been until recently that people have claimed we will enter the Age of Aquarius in 2012. Since it's only been recently that 2012 has become an industry unto itself it's likely the people making these claims are merely attempting to cash in.

As for the galactic equator. The Sun has been "aligned" with the galactic equator on the winter solstice for the past few decades. The closest to a true alignment occurred back in 1998. Since then we have been creeping closer and closer to having the "alignment" occur on December 22. So this year will not be a perfect alignment.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoReaper4
reply to post by DarknStormy

I'm so sick of all the Doom and Gloom scenarios blowing up the message boards on this website. Granted my opinion might not help, but at least it's there.

Truthfully I'm sick of them also, so we do agree on something.. But you never know. As much as no-one can do anything if something does happen, there is no problem speculating about logical scenarios.. One of the main issues is the middle east and for me that is the only issue that will come close to anything happening in December, if not beforehand.

As for Nibiru, Ascention, Jesus, King Kong and the Aliens from Mars attacks, I think the exact same you do. BS and nothing more.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.

It's a normal day, stop going on about it. Any theories regarding that date are purely conjecture.

I am not sure. Even if nothing except the normal unknown manipulation from the other side happens and it is evolution as normal then the extra thinking of that day that is becomming pushed into the minds of people are pushing for something to happen. And I call it the normal stuff manipulation even if it is loving or teaching or inspiring and helping.

The problem is not the day per say but the need and want people on this planet has for change and if you do not slowly create what people want then they will one day get feed up and force the change.

18 months ago my life changed drasticly and I learned that life was very different than what I was taught by people around me and I became more like myself again.

I do not know if anything will happen but I hope something does. Even a temporary bad thing is better than slow stagnation into destruction. If we do not change then it is GAME OVER for everything on this planet.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It's not the end...it's just the appetiser to whats going to take place in 2015....thats when the real horror steps foward.........

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Does no one remember y2k? What happened exactly? Ah, my fancy programmable vcr from 92 didnt detect a leapyear. Ah, my computer from 85 decided it was 1981. A computer so worthless and out of date i got it out of a dumpster.

Oh and then the world was going to end in 01. How about 6/6/06? How about harold camping?

The intelligent designer will probably end the world on a non predicted date just for #s and giggles

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
What will happen is this...! People will be rushing around like crazy, some in a panic....others trying hard not to get stressed out over it....Its almost here....Christmas shopping to finish!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
2012 is a bunch of nonsense and unfortunately I think there are going to be a lot of mass suicides on that date, as a result of people spreading fear.

I don't think the laws of the universe will suspend themselves, to allow supernatural forces to bring about an apocalypse onto the planet Earth.

Suicides? Man, if people are dumb enough to kill themselves because of the fake fear, then we won't lose any potential scientists or anything, no loss there.

Every single year since 2000 and probably beyond, there is some new apocalyptic event being pushed and we're still waiting
edit on 23-9-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.

It's a normal day, stop going on about it. Any theories regarding that date are purely conjecture.

You're kidding me, right? One of the most feared and hyped up days for years is coming up and you truly believe that NOTHING will happen? Just like nothing happened on "Y2K"? Except for people going apes%*t, freaking out, and rioting.

There doesn't have to be an uncontrollable event that happens for something to happen that day. Society is so hyped up about it that they will ensure something will happen. They will riot and they will go crazy. I promise you with every fibre of my being that it's not going to be a "normal day".

It's only feared by nut jobs, like I said, it's conjecture. Even the Mayans say their calender does not predict the end of the world, it's based on nothing.

yet it's here and you and most so far, on this thread, are posting, and making much ado...

...About Nothing.

so... apparently Something CAN come from Nothing after all!

it has commonalities/similarities with the behavior known as "whistling past the graveyard"

funny how so many NEED to CONVINCE themselves that "nothing will happen" that the "nothing will happen" threads are close to outnumbering the something will happen threads , if they haven't already

GASP it's almost as if these folk, BELIEVE they can state/vote things into reality

like MAGIC

and what are they voting/wishing/believing/desiring for?

Nothing.

"nothing will happen"

L
L keep repeating that, eventually you'll succeed in reprogramming yourselves , and actually believe it

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
yeah..that infamous date...on which nothing will happen..*sigh* unfortunately..

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoReaper4
but I've seen so many predictions on this site go sour that I personally don't believe in that crap anymore.

So, why the long ranting post, then?

I agree with you, but I also think you ned to keep your nickers thoroughly un-twisted.

Let the sheep believe in their doomsday prophecies. Your free to live in the real world.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Ignorance does put the thread holder or you at the top of the surviving list. There is no problem with being skeptical about something that has been predicted by the Mayans, they have successfully predicted many events, WHICH HAVE HAPPENED. There is evidence in rocks of mass extinction every so many years in the rocks. Hundreds of earthquakes, hundreds of tornadoes, spiritual enlightenment and movements, a greater realization for who is saved. Don't you want to know the truth about why some of us are still stuck on earth in these bodies? I figured it out and I have astro-jected, given thoughts to dogs, changed my reality right before my eyes, manifested simple items, and opened my mind to the point I can feel my brain grow. Now, get real, a new age is coming, a transition. Ya it may not be anything huge, but something is going to happen, just watch.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by anoevo

Would you care to provide these prophecies the Maya have regarding 2012? For that matter could you please provide other events they have predicted. I'm not looking for what some New Age author has to say on the topic. What I'm looking for are primary sources. Give me the name of the stela, monuments, codices, manuscripts, etc. that contain this information.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Sorry, the world already ended January 1, 1990 and was replaced with a duplicate. My grandma agrees with me.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
While mucking about on other websites I found this paragraph tho splash a bit of cold water on the doom predictors. Note the sentance..."Or it may simply be a mistaken or fabricated date."

As is well known, it's been the trend for most prophecies and their timing to be incorrect or misleading, and Dec.21, 2012 may come and go with nothing notable happening. It may be that it is simply a midway point of a much vaster and more imperceptible trend or transition period taking perhaps hundreds of years. Or it may simply be a mistaken or fabricated date. What is certain, however, is that we are riding an ever-accelerating rate or increase in knowledge, technology, and climate change, and that it must, at some point soon, reach its unimaginable crescendo. Where we go from there is anyone's guess.

Here is the original site www.librarising.com...

As the great Douglas Adams said
"Don't panic." oh and have a towel.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by PsychoReaper4

A lot of the theories concerning 2012 deal with enlightenment rather than destruction.

If enlightenment is the "S" in the SHTF, then bring on the "S".

2012 became a hero. A hero that people wait for to save them from all the wars, pain and bad things. Nothing will happen in that day and even if something does happen, no one knows what it will bring. God, people do not hear themselves when they speak. Of course, I am not talking to you but to anyone who believes everyone will be smarter in one day.
edit on 28-9-2012 by goh13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
All we can do is speculate until the day. To make an outright claim, "THIS will happen." or "No, you're wrong, THIS is really what's going to happen..." "You're all idiots...", etc, is fairly self-serving.

I've got an open mind about it. I'd be lying if I said I were NOT excited for the day to come, but as I'm doing my best to live each day without expectation, I can't look forward to it too much.

I personally don't believe in the doomsday stuff. I'm one of the 'ascension believers'. I don't believe it'll be like flipping a light switch and all of a sudden everyone can utilize telepathy/levitation or whatever. I think because of the way the world has been and IS unfolding, something's gotta give.

Never in human history has as much information been available at the click of a button as it is now. I think each day there are a few more out there who realize we're being lied to/manipulated into living the way we do by the powers that be. It will only be so long before everyone gets on the same page about it. It was only less than 300 years ago that we the people broke away from the control and started up a new way of life. Not that distant in the history of humans.

Maybe just threads like this, people talking about it, maybe the energy put into all that is what will push us into this 'unified consciousness'. Maybe it's got nuthin' to do with aliens, tectonic plates, galactic alignments, etc.

Maybe it's just the day people realize that arguing on the internet is #ing useless.

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join