It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official "Mohammed is the prophet "of all Sky news viewers?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't call anyone a prophet, religion is BS

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Maybe our Abrahamic fairy-tale cult victims throughout the world will one day come to the reality that their special little religious "prophets" are no more of a reality than the Tooth-Fairy prophet.

*SIGH* Poor adults and their silly adult Santa Claus imaginary characters.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Judaism, Christianity and Islam has many prophets .
A prophet is a term, and the prophet is another.
Mohammed is not a prophet recognised by Christianity, as "the Prophet" .... he is a figure of Islamic belief.

Whilst some may try and derail this thread , the whole point is about this already described.
It is a huge choice of words by Sky News.
And very very odd.

When the news speaks of Christian saints, they typically do not say Christian Saint so and so. They simply say Saint so and so. Likewise when they mention Jesus, they don't say Christian Jesus.

Do you become outraged when they mention Christian figures without saying Christian so and so? I just wonder if there is a double standard here.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacebumZaphod

A prophet, by definition, is someone that speaks on behalf of God or a god. Many people doubt the existence of God or any particular God. Amongst those that believe in God or a particular God, a particular person like Mohamed or Joseph Smith, ever spoke on behalf of the god.

Perhaps we are getting a little nit-picky with semantics, but I get the OP's point. Mormons, Budhists, Catholics, etc. would not have any qualms with someone stating that their prophets were merely *their* prophets. Muslims need their prophet to be refered to as a prophet with no room for doubt or question.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join