It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Power in Benghazi

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Propaganda
second line..

Propoganda eh? So if the truth is propoganda, what lies do you believe??

That makes me sick to my stomach.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by antoinemarionette

While not propaganda per say, it does sound staged and planed.

Regular people do not just up and go against trained soldiers some hardened killers at that and with guns and enough bluets to mow them down like cattle, because there fed up. Things do not usually end up well for the people without guns when they march on the people with guns. There is more going on it seems, even the link said they had a military attack helicopters shadowing them on there side, so ya I do not think it was so spontaneous of a thing ie it was planed.

And chances are that it would take a lot more then the killing of a US diplomat who himself got his spot it seems by being a bit spotty, to rally a foreign people who really probably did not even know him, or why he was there, or that he even existed till it became news. In fact it seems he had a target painted on him and nobody told him about it...Go figure eh.

But I am all for ending these silly conflicts, and getting things up and back on track. And extremists are really unnecessary and a bit to extreme for there own good, one way or another they got to go. However me thinks there is more then meets the eye going on there and in that part of the world. And the sad part is that it may take tactics such as this to bring any sort of stability or peace in the region, people need to be more mellow and less rash and hectic, less extremities and deceptions on all parts involved would do a world of good.

Because lies only lead to more lies and extremities only lead to more extremities. Whats that saying..."oh what tangled webs we weave when first we practice to deceive"

edit on 23-9-2012 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Very nice article, SnF for this.

Propaganda I'm not so sure about, since there is good as well as bad. But I'd lean towards it being not since it is heavily challenged by the opposite, and why try one tiny weighted story that they are winning against extremists when every other story counters this angle? It confuses me, but I am a believer in peaceful resolutions despite our violent history.

I can tell you for sure we don't get the whole story ever in the West... just what they think we want to hear spun in a direction they want us to move.

Losing the herd mentality might go a long way in waking up to the lies were told, at least thats my opinion.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Propaganda
second line..

The good people of Libya have been wishing and working very hard towards being free of one tyrannical monster for a very long time

I would seriously hope they wouldn't allow themselves to fall under control of a new one

I know it's hard to believe what we see even with our own eyes these days - we're all feeling a little cynical

This is one of those times when it is what it is

Godspeed Libya

edit on 9/23/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I see....plenty of room for whiskey.

The situation could be seen as six of one and a half dozen of the other.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Regular people do not just up and go against trained soldiers some hardened killers at that and with guns and enough bluets to mow them down like cattle, because there fed up. Things do not usually end up well for the people without guns when they march on the people with guns.

True - not usually

But this civil war happened for more than one reason - and the opportunists don't run the show - yet

If the people of Libya are going to make their stand - they have to make it now

My money is on them

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Any one see this in the news? no!
and how does some thing like this get started?

they burn the bible ! they are just the same as Quran.
but its about a lot more than the Quran.
Leave them to be free. oh! they will NOT let any one be free.
get All american troops home.
he can Not do that. becouse he said he would do it??

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
If you believe this rediculous bull @#%$, I know a Kenyan communist that wants you to vote for him. We couldn't even get a muslim in America after 911 to go against the bastards. You think that you're going to get hundreds of Libyan's in Libya to leave their homes and march without weapons to a terrorist camp and attack them to show support for America? Did you just wake up after 50 years?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kman420
Propoganda eh? So if the truth is propoganda, what lies do you believe??

That makes me sick to my stomach.

Propaganda is a tool for persuading people. Nothing more, nothing less. So yes trying to show people the "truth" is propaganda. Is it "bad" to try to show people the truth? I think not, but it is propaganda nonetheless.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Propaganda can be classified according to the source and nature of the message. White propaganda generally comes from an openly identified source, and is characterized by gentler methods of persuasion, such as standard public relations techniques and one-sided presentation of an argument. Black propaganda is identified as being from one source, but is in fact from another. This is most commonly to disguise the true origins of the propaganda, be it from an enemy country or from an organization with a negative public image. Grey propaganda is propaganda without any identifiable source or author.

Part of learning to think critically is to realize that propaganda is the rule, not the exception. I am personally glad to see this type of propaganda.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Beckzman

Thank you so much for that link...

I'd been searching for it!

The unanswered questions regarding "the attack" event are many.

But if it was a false flag, the Libyan people have made a surprise move that will hopefully supersede any negative actions from the West.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It is refreshing to see the Libyan people taking matters into their own hands and doing something about these damn extremists who are ruining this world!

May Libya be an example to all the Middle Eastern countries who wish to root out the evil.

Thank you!!! You have an excellent understanding of what just happened here.

And Chase them Crazy Bald Heads is such an appropriate song! Thank you!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

My god your right. Americans, Its time to march to the white house and show them we have had enough... We will not take any more of their crap.

5 stars for that post. You see how MOTIVATED Americans are???

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The Peoples power of choice.
Oh, how so many have been folked in folkland.
Time to Right this ship one Soul at a time.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Reminds me of what happened in Iraq during the war, a little communication and respect can go a long way with the community if Americans set a positive example. So the communities ran off the insurgents because they didnt want them there either.

And like we see with communities here in America organizing against neighborhood crime. These radicals are simply just punks and trouble makers. Dont let a few bad apples ruin a bunch. Good Muslims will flush the trash out. Most people want to live in peace and serenity. They don't want to provoke a war with America and have a foreign occupation in their back yard it's simple logic.

Best of luck to the people of Benghazi

Now Americans see how easily we could march on Washington DC and capitol hill and kick these gangsters out of the senate and white house (Democrat and Republican) hold them accountable for their crimes against the people.
edit on 23-9-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthFazer

My feelings upon reading this article was one of seeing a long-awaited signpost that the tide is turning for the human race in both thought and deed.

The desperate hope here is that the outside world that gave Libya such support in its revolution does not turn away. "How can you have business if you can't guarantee security?" said Hana el-Galal, a prominent civil rights activist in the city. "Everybody now is rallying against organised extremism."

Who wouldn't want to see more of this?

Let's let everyone we know this has happened, even if it ain't on the evening news. And let's recognize and reject organized extremism in our own neck of the woods!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Why is it that I find it hard to believe this is true? Am I just conditioned to think all muslims are extremists?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

Why is it that I find it hard to believe this is true? Am I just conditioned to think all muslims are extremists?

Yes. The press is trying to ensure we are all conditioned to think Muslims are the savages, the enemy. That way we will continue to support the current wars in the Middle East, and indeed further wars there against the likes of Iran when the government decide that is a good thing to do.

Don't buy in to it friend. Muslims are as peaceful as Christians or Jews. You don't see the press calling Jews savages despite Netanyahu trying to stat WW3. You don't see the press calling Christians savages despite Westbrough Baptist Church.

You can't tar an entire religion with the actions of a small number of extremists.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Propaganda
second line..

If you're going to do a one liner, how about respect.
If you could live a decade of their lives... Well, you wouldn't even be posting that in ATS .....wait...
....think about that....
Have you even done your homework on our ambassador and the impact that he has had on these locals?
edit on 23-9-2012 by Lonewulph because: Claify

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

Thank you for your honesty.

The answer to your question is yes.

The Guardian is one of the biggest and most reputable newspapers in the UK. It's like the New York Times. They would not make this up and have no reason to. In fact, they have more reasons not to publish it.

It just goes to show you how locked-down certain types of information have become.
edit on 23-9-2012 by antoinemarionette because: include quote

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph

Propaganda
second line..

If you're going to do a one liner, how about respect.
If you could live a decade of their lives... Well, you wouldn't even be posting that in ATS .....wait...
....think about that....
Have you even done your homework on our ambassador and the impact that he has had on these locals?
edit on 23-9-2012 by Lonewulph because: Claify

Two lines actually and i'm sorry you miss-interpreted my post and obviously over-looked my follow up's,maybe practice your own homework and respect before asking me for mine,Or perhaps your helmet is too tight.
edit on 23-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join