It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Power in Benghazi

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by antoinemarionette

I was just about to post a thread on this.

The Arab uprising is still young, yet has already accomplished (some desired, some not) sweeping changes. This is the people revolting against regimes, extremism, oppression. This is the people trying to reclaim their cultures and lands. It's time for the West to get the hell out of there (the entire ME) and let them rebuild, let them form their new governments as they want them, free from exploitation and corrupt influence.

The best thing the West could do to end extremism and the terrorism that results, is to leave. Of course that will never happen with trillions of corporate, reconstruction, military etc.. dollars in play over there, not until people all over the world reject Capitalism and pursue a Free Market.

If we were to do that all the warmongers would call us isolationist. But you are right there is way too much money to be made there stealing other countries natural resources not to mention for some reason the stupid people thinks America is supposed to protect a certain terrorist nation.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
When the Power of LOVE overcomes the love of power, the world will know Peace. ~ Hendrix ~

this is an example of Truth in action ~ WE all the People are the Power ~

PEACE Please

LOVE

mayallsoulsbefree

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Yes, we have been asking the moderate Muslims to step up and do something, and when they do, we criticize it as propaganda. I think some of these people actually liked our ambassador and are ashamed of what happened to him. Maybe more moderates will come forward and demand change. That doesn't mean they will like the U.S. more, after all we like to occupy and bomb their countries.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by antoinemarionette

Sweet find and thank you for posting it! This goes right along with my recent thread about Libyans protesting the terrorist attacks on the embassy, Sorry, people of America, this not the behavior of our Islam | Libya. Funny thing, in that thread you can read some responses such as it's fake, propaganda, etc. Some posters even said why don't the Libyan people force out these terrorists if they don't support them?

Truth be told, Libya has been over run with extremist thanks to the "civil" war. The freedom fighters had known terrorists among their ranks, their leader being one of them. These terrorist also freed their fellow terrorists from Libyan prisons put there thanks to Gaddafi's forces. Libya at this moment has a very weak Gov't, police force, and military. Thousands upon thousands of Libyans who once had homes thanks to Gaddafi now find themselves displaced. There is no security in Libya.

It is refreshing to see the Libyan people taking matters into their own hands and doing something about these damn extremists who are ruining this world!

May Libya be an example to all the Middle Eastern countries who wish to root out the evil.

Bob Marley - Crazy Baldhead (Live)

edit on 23-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nothingwrong

Beckzman - why should I trust that article in an unknown publication which reads like it was written by an arrogant teenager?

Well if you look at the evidence it gives, (No Benghazi embassy listed on usembassy.gov, the embassy isnt on google maps & no pictures of the embassy pre september 11) how can you deny it?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by all2human
Propaganda
second line..

Islamic extremists storm embassies and kill people is big News. Average Muslims who are outraged about things being done in their religions name and do something positive about it is simply...

"Propaganda"

Okay....

Moving along.

You know, from what I've been able to gather, the Bengazhi assault was a 3-pronged attack by about a hundred troops (yes, I said "troops") with heavy weapons, including mortars. This doesn't sound much like a "spontaneous demonstration" to me. Sounds a lot more like a pre-planned assault. For that reason, Libyans rising up and saying "hey ya bastards! Quit hijacking my religion!" gives me a lot more confidence than all the denials the US State department can issue as they furiously dig deeper to put their heads farther into the sand.

It's gonna be a real bitch if the Muslims police their own miscreants while the US is egging the extremists on and encouraging them, isn't it? Kinda makes you wonder just which side folks are really on!

Personally, If I were Obama I would pull every single SEAL from all assignments all over the planet, drop them and some intel apparatus in Libya, give 'em the photos of the ambassador being dragged through the streets (which identify some of the bad guys) and say "look, these cats X-ed out some SEALs, Some of your own. Get 'em. You've got nothing else to do anywhere in the world until all these guys are taking dirt naps. It's all yours. Call me when you're done."

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
More power to the people!

2nd line.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

If we were to do that all the warmongers would call us isolationist. But you are right there is way too much money to be made there stealing other countries natural resources not to mention for some reason the stupid people thinks America is supposed to protect a certain terrorist nation.

I'm a "warmonger" AND an isolationist. Imagine that!

When did this "certain terrorist nation" piss in YOUR wheaties, and what bearing does it have on the current discussion (i.e. Libyans saying enough is enough from the extremists)?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beckzman

Originally posted by nothingwrong

Beckzman - why should I trust that article in an unknown publication which reads like it was written by an arrogant teenager?

Well if you look at the evidence it gives, (No Benghazi embassy listed on usembassy.gov, the embassy isnt on google maps & no pictures of the embassy pre september 11) how can you deny it?

Of course there's no embassy in Bengazhi! The Embassy is in Tripoli, I believe, Embassies are usually sited in capitols, because that's where government business is done. makes sense, no? Bengazhi has a consulate... or HAD one, anyhow. Now, what business would diplomats have at a consulate that would force them to visit there, I wonder? Do you really think that would be an unusual occurrence?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I just read about this yesterday and thought
"Good for you Libyan people, you stood up to the bullies and pushed the bullies down!"

I wish that this could happen in more countries, but it is a sad fact that some countries the bullies have the power to crush the people and make them fear for their loved ones.

I really like the saying

"People should not fear their government, Governments should fear their People."

It is truly good that the regular folk, not the extremists, just the regular humdrum folk had enough and put a stop to it. Libya is truly free today. I am proud of them.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I used to think "power to the people" was the only way but the more I learn the more I realize that the people are so ignorant, lazy, and dumb that power to the people is a pretty scary idea.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

That's because the attack on the US embassy was a preplanned terrorist attack. The people of Libya know who the terrorists are. Libyan investigations into the attack implemented Libyan Gov't officials, who are sympathetic to the extremists, down to the Libyan security supposed to protect the US ambassador. The terrorist staked out the embassy concocting their plan. When the time was right the Libyan Gov't official sent word to the ambassadors bodyguards to stand down because an attack was coming.

Security is very weak in Libya so the people themselves must take care of bizness.

It's BIZNESS TIME!

Libyan army gives rogue militias ultimatum after two disband

www.reuters.com...

(Reuters) - Libya's army on Sunday ordered rogue armed groups in and around the capital to leave state and military premises in Tripoli or be ejected by force, apparently seeking to capitalize on the withdrawal of militias from Benghazi and Derna.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
That's because the attack on the US embassy was a preplanned terrorist attack. The people of Libya know who the terrorists are. Libyan investigations into the attack implemented Libyan Gov't officials, who are sympathetic to the extremists, down to the Libyan security supposed to protect the US ambassador. The terrorist staked out the embassy concocting their plan. When the time was right the Libyan Gov't official sent word to the ambassadors bodyguards to stand down because an attack was coming.

Security is very weak in Libya so the people themselves must take care of bizness.

It's BIZNESS TIME!

I honestly don't know where to begin, but I'll try

First off, Typically the Ambassador relies on US Marine guards [Which thanks to our present administration's wisdom and foresight were denied ammo]. Second, Even though there is what some would call a "New Libyan Government" it's still really the wild wild west or North Africa. Third, the "New Government" has just demanded that all illegitimate militias disband ------->Linky here...

Finally, The people should decide their own fate and this story demonstrates that cooler heads are winning.
edit on 23-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

From what I've read there were no US Marines on guard at the embassy, there were two ex US Navy SEALS but they weren't on guard duty. They fought bravely against the terrorists but didn't make it out alive. The security for Stevens was provided by Libya, not the US Marines. As far as I can tell there were no Marines at the embassy, but because of the attack 50 Marines were sent in afterwards.

Ambassador Stevens killed at site with no Marines

Ex-Navy Seals weren't part of ambassador's security detail but rose to occasion, officials now confirm

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
As encouraging as this news is....

Follow its logical course.

People will rally against the extremist elements..it will become almost a mini civil war between the majority moderates and the extremist..making the moderates themselves a bit extreme.
From there, a leader may arise that can get the job done so to speak..clamp down harshly on extremism..do what needs to be done.
Isn't this was Saddam Hussein was? He was a madmen because he slaughtered tons of his own citizens almost daily...most of whom were considered by the administration as extremists.

ok, perhaps a bit cynical..just saying, when fighting a monster, its difficult not to become the same monster you fight.

I have no solution to this.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

What do you see in this image?

It's funny, what you describe almost sounds like their civil war of 2011
. There could be another civil war but the extremists are greatly outnumbered by the people of Libya, military, police, Gov't included. Now there are some bad apples in said organizations so lets hope they get rooted out as well. I think at this point the terrorists in Libya are going to be running for de hills!

Hopefully this is the beginning of Libya's cleansing.

Hey terrorist! GTFO!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

What do you see in this image?

There could be a civil war but the extremists are greatly outnumbered by the people of Libya, military, police, Gov't included. Now there are some bad apples in said organizations so lets hope they get rooted out as well. I think at this point the terrorists in Libya are going to be running for de hills!

Hopefully this is the beginning of Libya's cleansing.

Hey terrorist! GTFO!

I see....plenty of room for whiskey.

I do understand the potential for good..but one man's terrorist and all that.
So, how do you take care of business...ok, you off those ready to blow up someone
Then..what about the nutjob that is screaming death to america and burning the flag, calling on action..yep, he is out also.
Then the other guy, of same mind, but a bit more reserved...etc etc..eventually you find extremists in the cupboard and in your soup.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. The more you try to surpress a idea, the more it takes fire in the minds of others. Just saying some caution and foresight need be applied.
America is a good reference for them in regards to understanding free speech.

But they should also see our history on witches and McCarthy's communist hunt.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
As encouraging as this news is....

Follow its logical course.

People will rally against the extremist elements..it will become almost a mini civil war between the majority moderates and the extremist..making the moderates themselves a bit extreme.
From there, a leader may arise that can get the job done so to speak..clamp down harshly on extremism..do what needs to be done.
Isn't this was Saddam Hussein was? He was a madmen because he slaughtered tons of his own citizens almost daily...most of whom were considered by the administration as extremists.

ok, perhaps a bit cynical..just saying, when fighting a monster, its difficult not to become the same monster you fight.

I have no solution to this.

Your perception will be true only if the new Libya is a monarchy, theocracy or dictatorship.

But it is not. Free Libyans fought for democracy, and their elections showed that they desired for democratic rule, with rule of law enforced by strong state institutions.

If the govt fails, they will be booted out within 4 years time. The freed Libyans are sick and tired of hypocrisies and had been educated to the lies and tyranny of the former govt to ever allow the same happened to them again.

Once the govt is in place, with rule of law and fearless secularism instead of pandering to the vocal minority, peace and economic success awaits. There's billions in held up funds by the corrupted Gaddafi, waiting to be returned to the People, not to give every cent away, but to spend wisely in social spending to circulate wealth.

Examples:- education/teachers, police/security, infrastructure/bring productivity, foreign investments/upgrading of skills, tourism, healthcare workers/healthcare, etc, etc.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

That could be the case in Egypt but Libya is different. For one, the Libyan people aren't against America. They were protesting that stupid movie but they were doing it peacefully. Movie or not, they still support the US and are thankful. Their pro USA rallies attest to this. When they got together this past Friday to protest the extremists they did it for America and themselves, so I doubt anytime soon they'll be burning an American flag calling for the death of all Jews

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Keep in mind, many of them have been brainwashed their entire life.
What happens when a group of brainwashed warriors get a democracy? they elect a general and go to war.

Not saying the people of Libya are bad or anything..I am certain most are lovely individuals, but they have been under the thumb of a dictator that has been spoon feeding them anti-western crap for decades now in order to deflect anger against him..and many people hold firm to their teachings even after he is passed.

I actually have high hopes for Libya mind you..actually more concerned about Egypt at the moment...Libya we did good..we helped out noticably and so they already are dealing with the reality of the world verses their indoctrination..but Egypt...there was no worldwide help and bombing...it was them, and now they may be a bit more free, but they have no living examples to check their indoctrination.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join