It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Power in Benghazi

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Propaganda
second line..

Which translated into a paragraph means that the information coming out of Libya contradicts the conspiracies about US led false flag events, staged for WW3 etc etc nonsense and in order for you to continue to believe in all that contrived nonsense you have to dismiss what is really happening. Which is and always has been and will continue for a while :

1. Extremists are behind the attacks with the usual "don't insult mohammed because he is beyond criticism" crap.
2. Moderate muslims are getting fed up with people running their lives be they dictators (gaddafi, mubarak, saddam , assad ) or extremists (al qaeda , taliban )
3. Extremists will take advantage of the outing of any dictator.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Are you saying that people getting together and fighting oppressive governments is a propaganda move?

Not trolling you just did not explain yourself well enough which second line ?

edit on 23-9-2012 by Gestas because: Be intelligent and concise.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I think this is very encouraging and it would be a mistake to lump the Libyan people in with the cultural forces and general attitudes of the rest of the region. Gadaffi ran a very closed society in most ways and so his people aren't necessarily going to tolerate the terrorist methods for any length of time. Good for them if this turns out to be true and it carries forward.

It doesn't have to be religion to say no to these animals and in Libya's case..it's coming almost entirely from the outside. Just maybe...they say NO and throw the extremists back out while they're still new enough to lose their hold. The world can hope at least one nation in the block over there says no.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Propaganda
second line..

Admit it - normal people standing up to your idiotic extremist view of Islam just pisses you off. Too bad for you, it happens, it's real, and the only thing you can do about it is eat your heart out.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by antoinemarionette

Wouldn't it be wonderful if every country expressed this kind of power and unity?

What would it look like if folks got together in every nation and said, "no - we're not going to stand for it!"

It might look like los indignados in Spain, or the Arab Spring, or even Occupy Wall Street.

Have you supported you local Occupy movement? If we all did that, then we would be expressing exactly that kind of power and unity! Imagine what we could accomplish!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Propaganda
second line..

Islamic extremists storm embassies and kill people is big News. Average Muslims who are outraged about things being done in their religions name and do something positive about it is simply...

"Propaganda"

Okay....

Moving along.

Very well said Slayer - for once I am in complete agreement with you.

all2human is all2submerged in his own governments propaganda and lies to see the truth even if it were to bite him on the bum!

Just as none of us would hold up members of the Westbrough Baptist Church as fine examples of Christianity, Why do people think it OK to act like extremists represent of all of Islam?
edit on 23-9-2012 by nothingwrong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Wow relax guys,clearly this article was made to incite emotion,i for one am glad the extremist pr***s have been removed from the area,People power indeed,interesting the stuff you guys come up with while i'm away geeze
just itching for a scrap.
edit on 23-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Wow relax guys,clearly this article was made to incite emotion,i for one am glad the extremist p****s have been removed from the area,People power indeed,interesting the stuff you guys come up with while i'm away geeze
just itching for a scrap.

A little hypocritical from someone who's first reaction was to dismiss this good news with 1 inflammatory word.
2nd line! lol

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
nmpolitics.org...

Apparently the US dont even have an embassy in BENGHAZI and its all lies...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nothingwrong

Not at all hypocritical,but everybody has to jump to conclusions apparently,which is quite revealing imo

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think this is very encouraging and it would be a mistake to lump the Libyan people in with the cultural forces and general attitudes of the rest of the region.

Actually, you can lump the Libyan people with the rest of the people in the region. They fought off a dictator that kept Islam at bay, and now, they have to fight Islam for their freedom.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Not really. It seems manipulative that you would say something so very inflammatory and them pretend to be surprised when people react to it.
Perhaps I have just jumped to the wrong conclusion though?

Beckzman - why should I trust that article in an unknown publication which reads like it was written by an arrogant teenager?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by antoinemarionette

I was just about to post a thread on this.

The Arab uprising is still young, yet has already accomplished (some desired, some not) sweeping changes. This is the people revolting against regimes, extremism, oppression. This is the people trying to reclaim their cultures and lands. It's time for the West to get the hell out of there (the entire ME) and let them rebuild, let them form their new governments as they want them, free from exploitation and corrupt influence.

The best thing the West could do to end extremism and the terrorism that results, is to leave. Of course that will never happen with trillions of corporate, reconstruction, military etc.. dollars in play over there, not until people all over the world reject Capitalism and pursue a Free Market.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nothingwrong

People have a tendency to believe propaganda is always negative which is not the case,i'm sorry if you and/or others don't understand that.Still find it interesting the west supporting extremism on one hand and on the other fighting it,i wonder if the Libyan's are aware of this

Believe what you want..

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I sure hope we don't bomb those folks or cut off aid

it looks like they really genuinely liked stevens

what a shame

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by DarknStormy

My god your right. Americans, Its time to march to the white house and show them we have had enough... We will not take any more of their crap.

Why do I sense sarcasm? If that's not your intention, I apologize. But, yeah, if people power can rid a nation of terrorists, why can't we march to the White House and demand the return of all our soldiers, and for our government to stop manipulating other governments? I really like the idea.

HR 347 makes it impossible for us to march on the White House unfortunately.

"To find out who owns you, you simply have to find out who you're not allowed to make fun of."

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

People power is good

Well, not to take apart that, because it SHOULD be true but.

You say this. You got a lot of stars. The person who pretty much spoke truth, got little.

That to me is the state of affairs.

Oh we hate the state of affairs... As long as it's a poll or a vote.

Get off your bloody arse and do something?

Hahahahahahhaha 99.9999 agree and .00001 said I made it up.

What a world of losers we exist in. Me included. I'm a loser. I admit it. I'm NOT making a difference. I'm the exact same as YOU. but I admit it. Or are you making a difference? Who of you has a name I will remember beyond the week?

we're nothing more than a useless bunch of rubberneckers looking for atrocity. That is why we're here. Or we're religios nutters looking for a flock.

Prove me wrong?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

For the most part ATS'rs are pretty reasonable people,as are Libyan's

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Too bad they couldn't intervene when Ghaddafi was being butt raped with a knife by these bloodthirsty wingnuts.

Now we see exactly who Ghaddafi was imprisoning and silencing. These idiots that have been run out of town, that's who.

You want to know what kind of vision Ghaddafi had for Libya and all of Africa? Go read the "Green Book". That's HIS doctrine and he was well on his way to achieving much of it in Libya. You want to know what type of leader Ghaddafi was? Go ask Nelson Mandela. Go ask the people who lived peacefully with him under his rule.

Those who swallow the official story on Ghaddafi got trolled to the maximum.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by DarknStormy

My god your right. Americans, Its time to march to the white house and show them we have had enough... We will not take any more of their crap.

Why do I sense sarcasm? If that's not your intention, I apologize. But, yeah, if people power can rid a nation of terrorists, why can't we march to the White House and demand the return of all our soldiers, and for our government to stop manipulating other governments? I really like the idea.

We can, but we would be beaten, pepper sprayed, arrested, etc. etc. Most Americans are too apathetic to unite to do such a thing. Maybe if we elect a third party independent and he gets assassinated a few people would figure it out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join