It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, you know as much about UFO/Aliens as you did in 1999 (No progress)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I remember the days, when we simply went through videos/pics. Those were simpler times indeed and I was a lurker myself. I remember. 99.9% of photos were fake, videos created through special FX team of CG.

But honestly, what do you know that you didn't know back in 1999? The internet is up and honestly besides some information here and there, there is no disclosure, nothing near to a disclosure and if we honestly Did have a disclosure it would of happened before 1999....

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I have given up on UFO footage simply because it is too easy to fake nowadays, or it could be any number of different things.

I believe in ET or at least in intelligently controlled flying objects but discussing vids is hardly of any use.

As you suggested, we are no further then a decade ago.
edit on 22-9-2012 by DermotMcDerp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Personally I've learned a huge amount about ET's since I joined here, although I didnt learn these things from the ATS forums. Mostly what I've found surrounding ET's here is arguing and people trying to work out whether some video is fake or not, thats helpful for people still on the fence about the issue, but for me it isnt helpful. I accept and understand that their has been an ET presence on earth since at least 1947 if not for thousands of years into our past. What is more interesting is the nature of ET's, who they are, where they are from and what they're here for and the answers just get more interesting the more you learn.

I would like to make some threads on this stuff although I dont think it would help people who are not ready to accept the reality of this situation. In order to truly grasp what is going on what must accept that we have a soul, that reincarnation is real, how evolution of the soul fits into this and how dimensional realities function. In brief I can say that they're multi dimensional beings, they are more evolved than us, and they understand the LAW OF ONE. Separation is only an illusion of the 3rd dimension, they understand this.

It gets far more interesting when it comes to the greys, this is a big subject though

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I didn't know much about anything in 99 because I was a teenager. So in my case thanks to the internet and sites like ATS I know way more about UFO's than I did even 2 years ago. Hell, my first thread on ATS was about an alien video on YouTube.

Special thanks also goes out to the History Channel

You're disappointed there hasn't been any disclosure by now? It's 2012 and no word yet, right? Well if the US Gov't has knowledge of ETs the only way they will ever disclose that information to the American public is if the aliens themselves somehow force them too. Other than that, they ain't talkin'. So the only form of disclosure you're gonna get at this time is soft disclosure.

Here's my favorite soft disclosure.

edit on 22-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Its a business, much like religion.

The money you can make from UFO pictures and videos is truly amazing.

There will be no disclosure, as there is nothing to disclose. But for those who are so brainwashed into believing this crap will always live in hope, donate, and continue to support something that is utter nonsense.

ADG StephenHannard for example made over £7000 last month with his bs hoaxing videos. Not a bad lil earner eh

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I wouldn't be too sure of that.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I agree, in fact with all the cgi and hoaxers I think we are worse off than we were in 1999. Was that around when the disclosure project came out? My hopes were high then.

After coming to this site and learning how to spot lanterns, birds, blimps and other reasonable explanations there is not much left if anything of real ufo's.

Do I still believe in ufo's and aliens? With all evidence to the contrary yes I do. The fact that we live on the outskirts in the galaxy and planets closer to the center are millions of years older than us. Civilizations that far advanced would know the goings on everywhere and would keep a close eye on species who are close to travel outside their own systems.

That and pilot testimony still has me clinging to my believer status.
edit on 22-9-2012 by PrestonSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Nice attempt at a blanket character assassination...
So we're all in on it heh?... all of us.. every dam one of us is only out to scam you.. so beware of us because we're all hokey fakers out for a buck..

Grow up, and look up

OP is right.. we "know" nothing more than what we did in 1999 , but we see alot more now than in 1999, for many of us it's a vastly different sky... to someone who doesn't care... nothing's changed

It's a matter of where you stand, and what you choose to accept.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Terence Mckenna brings a new side to the UFO story.

Essentially he is saying that UFO's might be the Gaian mind, challenging science and modern theories, trying to tell us that things aren't what they seem, not to get stuck in a train of thought. He says you could also add mythology and religious experiences to this ideology.

I don't do him justice explaining it like this either.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
You're pretty much spot-on, OP. 70 years of modern ufology and we are still scratching our heads. It's actually pretty impressive when you think about it. Them cats are good!

I don't think the government knows much, if anything, more than we do. Who or whatever lies behind the phenomenon have managed to keep their secrets from us for thousands of years.

Further, I don't believe we have the technology that can "out" them.They are, it seems, only seen or percieved when they choose to be, then they wink right back out of our existence.

edit on 22-9-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

If you are looking for proof that u.f.o's are a real phenomenon and not just Chinese lanterns or any other simple explanation or hoax footage there is only one place to keep looking, up.

even then the chances are probably slim but it doesn't mean you will not one day see something that challenges your beliefs. the problem with ATS and u.f.o's is that a lot of YouTube videos that could be easily faked are posted, but also that people can easily explain certain things away because they resemble or are similar to something else, or find some small detail to through it out. also a lot of stuff is posted that doesn't even come close to being worthy of being labelled a u.f.o.

your more likely to see something worthy by keeping an eye on the sky.

back in 1999 I didn't have time for any of this stuff it was all rubbish or I never thought about it, the same with every other topic here until i saw something which led me here looking for answers and opened my eyes to certain other things to. since then I realized how little I was aware off. but where u.f.o's are concerned no amount of information on the internet would of made me believe anything without my own sighting backing up the information that is already there.

if i had not had my own experience i would probably be unable to entertain the idea or see evidence, but when i read cases and see certain things that match in every way my own experience then it is not hard to see or believe.

as far as aliens are concerned i don't think there is any proof and i doubt there will ever be disclosure, all there is, is evidence that leads to the possibility of it being aliens, but even then not everybody would agree and come to different conclusions.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

1999 wasn't long after I'd thrown out the UFO, conspiracy and ancient mystery magazines and quite a few books. Mid-90s or so. I felt the whole field was a joke and a waste of time. Cydonia and Corso. Never looked back until 2007 when I was searching the Internet for reports of a UFO I saw with friends on England's South Coast a couple of years earlier.

Have I made any progress? Yeah. Do I know anything more about 'aliens?' Nope! Have I learned anything more about UFOs? Absolutely!

The past few years have been an interesting tour of the cases, places and faces in the field. I've learned more about the people in the field than the UFO Enigma and I accept that we'll never have the answers we're looking for. Along the way, I've enjoyed discussing UFOs with some of the well-known ufologists and debunkers. The same can be said for many of ATS' finest too; some of whom are smarter than those on the conference circuit or writing books. It's been very enjoyable.

Synchronistically, much like 1999, I feel my enthusiasm for the subject has left the building.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Yeah, yeah, but I’m trying to change that. The demo version of my camera-control software is ready. It will require two once-expensive, now-cheap-on-eBay cameras, one computer, and one back yard close to a traditional UFO hotspot. It automatically detects only large hovering objects then adjusts the aim of both cameras and zooms them, all within one second, before starting recording images and stamping tracking data on every frame. And once the footage is examined and judged to be of interest, FAA and weather radar data for the area and time period will be requested under the FOIA.

Maybe that will make a real difference in the situation. And if it's some strange, unknown natural phenomenon, it may just capture and elucidate that, provided it shows up in the target area and hovers.

edit on 23-9-2012 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

it's not ATS's job to do anything but make the owner/s money and to keep the subject in a stalemate.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
You're pretty much spot-on, OP. 70 years of modern ufology and we are still scratching our heads. It's actually pretty impressive when you think about it. Them cats are good!

I don't think the government knows much, if anything, more than we do. Who or whatever lies behind the phenomenon have managed to keep their secrets from us for thousands of years.

Further, I don't believe we have the technology that can "out" them.They are, it seems, only seen or percieved when they choose to be, then they wink right back out of our existence.

edit on 22-9-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

We only exist to goldfish when we put our hand in the pond and even then we are only a giant hand. Same metaphor applies to them only this time they are the hand and we are the fish.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Disclosure happens on an individual basis, in my experience.

There are group sightings and encounters, but what this means to each person might be a slightly different shade of gray. I've stood shoulder to shoulder with an occupant of one these craft, not that I would expect anyone to believe this of course. Some of us know, however.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by htapath
Disclosure happens on an individual basis, in my experience.

I'll agree with that and really that's the only way it should happen. So many people expect to eventually hear it on the nightly news and actually then I would doubt everything they are telling me. Why should I give the government or the media any credibility after lying to me for so long?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Not true if you mean the entire ATS community.

Ive learned a lot about the ancient origins of aliens over the years. I just dont share it on ATS since people here are very dogmatic and I dont want to argue.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xarian6
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Nice attempt at a blanket character assassination...
So we're all in on it heh?... all of us.. every dam one of us is only out to scam you.. so beware of us because we're all hokey fakers out for a buck..

Grow up, and look up

OP is right.. we "know" nothing more than what we did in 1999 , but we see alot more now than in 1999, for many of us it's a vastly different sky... to someone who doesn't care... nothing's changed

It's a matter of where you stand, and what you choose to accept.

Its my job as a disinfo agent

People misidentify things fairly often, some profit from it, other dont.
Im not a 14 year old kid thats been brought up in front of a TV, brainwashing me into some moron. Sadly, many people on here are.

Im sure many of you couldnt tell the difference between your arse and your elbow, let alone identify something in the sky.

Its got to be aliens, because you dont know what it is. Some people will play gullible people for all its worth, where some gullible people will just believe any old crap they read on some nutters blog. (hint hint)

More things are being sighted because of technology, the internet, mobile phones...and the media and entertainment business polluting your minds with fantasy and bs.

These things were always there, planes have been flying for decades, satellites have been orbiting for decades, shooting stars have been raining down for millions of years...weather balloons, chinese lanterns, radio controlled toys, birds, pareidolia all play a part in this delusion.

Its a cash cow, but you and many others are either too blind, or too stupid to see it.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

From my perspective the entire alien subject is more about us than it is about them. There is a constant theme, throughout all of recorded history, djinns, spirits, demons, gods... Beings not only superior or more powerful than us - but who have motives to interact with us. They almost always tend to offer us both power and doom - all wrapped up in the same myths.

Maybe the reason we know no more about aliens now than we did thirteen years ago is because, in reality, we still don't know enough about ourselves and what it means to be human.

~Heff

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join