It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you ATS I think you are far from finished!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I am rather new to this site (1 1/2 month maybe 2) and still figuring it out. If this site is finished it is as found in a post titled "ATS is finished by: FrostForest", then it is in my opinion, through no fault of a newcomer. Fresh new bright minds come here daily and we must be shown how it is done here. I have seen deplorable post where ripping members to shreds have become the new norm. I then took a second glance and realized I had been shunned by a member of long standing and that allot of the abusive name calling was coming from older members, Not always, but enough, or to much in my opinion.. Not in a thoughtful constructive way that would insure the continuation of what you love but, an angry name calling way. This is not how to create the realm you wanted.

(Things in quote are taken from the above mentioned article)

Rather, I give you this option. Instead of being tired of constant training. Just realize as you say "With the advent of this new awakening, this movement of people who have realized things in his world may not be what they seem in masses, these people flock to the largest forum of that kind, ATS" that we new persons may be many, and the times difficult for those who enjoyed something we new persons will never know but, again I say that the older members got overwhelmed and did not take the care to realize that things are happening at such a rapid rate of deterioration and this place made sense in a desert of lies. I for one cling to this site because I saw the very thing you complain is lost. "We, the enlightened, take sides and argue moot points/stances/trained thoughts simply because we can, and we do".

Where I think I disagree with you is that overwhelmed by new persons or not it is up to and the responsibility of the persons whom love what they have to make sure to pull up the socks on people as was done with me though I would challenge older members not to resort to the very thing they do not like, as name calling etc... I used to believe in something very scary to me and have found I do not believe in it in the same way because a member pointed out a different reality to me and showed me how to look for right information vs. chatter. I sited him as friend and wrote an email thanking him for helping me to see things differently despite the name calling. Later there was a post of explanation for name calling. it was all ok.

This place still holds the magic and integrity that you once saw, though perhaps the training is just begun for you members with bigger words and larger capabilities but, as i pointed out. This place is a river in a desert and you are the water. please do not dry up when we need it most. Hang on to what you love and love it into existence, for the sake of others if not you.

I love this site and I hope that the members that have been here before will help us new persons learn with the objectivety of what they want this place to become.

Peace in

edit on 22-9-2012 by BewilderedandAmused because: Typos

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Good message!

I'm tired of the "ATS is toast, not like it used to be" rants. None of these posters who complain actually take the time to write the posts that they want to read.

Part of the reason people post on things like news is because all the famous conspiracies have already been covered, ad nauseum. So if somebody creates a thread on the same issues, somebody else will get snippy and say, "There's already a bunch of threads on that".

The rudeness had increased on this site during the summer, but I suspect it's because school was out, and all the children were posting. It's back down to normal levels now.

For the most part, ATS is what we make of it, and there's still plenty of good stuff being posted.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You can't please everyone.. However there is a pretty simple solution to there problems..

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I love this site beats any other site hands down thankyou very much the owners/staff etc..

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Good message!

I'm tired of the "ATS is toast, not like it used to be" rants. None of these posters who complain actually take the time to write the posts that they want to read.

Part of the reason people post on things like news is because all the famous conspiracies have already been covered, ad nauseum. So if somebody creates a thread on the same issues, somebody else will get snippy and say, "There's already a bunch of threads on that".

The rudeness had increased on this site during the summer, but I suspect it's because school was out, and all the children were posting. It's back down to normal levels now.

For the most part, ATS is what we make of it, and there's still plenty of good stuff being posted.

Thank you all for your message. I find it all very encouraging. Great place!

join