It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Lights are Back!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I think they are flares...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
So we assume that in the state of arizona lives one person or two if we consider the population number and this only one vid

Did no one else see it?i wonder why on earth that happened?never mind it didnt

Yep the lights are back

now lights out

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The 2 lights in the sky do move, they're slowly drifting to the right side of the frame.

After the plane flies by at 3:45 there's another light to the left. Could they be planes flying towards or away from the camera?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Like I stated earlier , they are nothing more than Chinese lanterns . Now let's have done with this silly thread.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Looks like CLs, even has the shape if zoomed in. Not worthy discussing.

Rule #1: If there EXISTS a plausible, simple explanation...it's likely what it is.

I personally define a "good" UFO sighting as something which can NOT be easily explained..and this footage does not belong into that category. Simple as that.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan
1. Chinese lanterns drift and float these do not at all move

2. These are too bright to be lanterns, chinese lanterns are not this bright.

3. People launching lanterns for weddings do not just launch 2 they launch 30 or 40

So we now are ruling out Chinese lanterns

any other more plausible ideas>

at least a plausible idea

lanterns=not plausible and not credible conclusion

yeah this ^

I've seen neighbors at the beach light some chinese lanterns. They were really cool and kind of startled us when we first noticed them. ( I was the one to point out what they were, thanks to ATS lol) and let me tell you, you can't see them that far away. They look really cool up close but you can only see them up to around 300-400 yards away, then they get so small or burn out that they disappear.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by gavron

Originally posted by St Udio
go through the thread again... there are 3 independent videos of various lengths the shortest being 35 seconds

Ah, my mistake. 3 people out of over 4.2 million. That makes all the difference in the world! It's disclosure for sure!

Hi you got it wrong again man you just cant get it right.

There were many people like over a dozen who saw it and probably more.

So I said there are 3 videos.

Do you understand simple logic?

Any questions?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
A couple of questions for the lantern explanation?

How long does a CL stay lit? On average...
Why don't we see flickering on the zoomed in sections?
After the plane passes (initial 2 lights disappear, they do not fade).
How come we don't see the 3rd light rising?

You still think they are lanterns after answering those questions.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well said, CigaretteMan, well said.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

You are correct sir.

10 PM North Tac Barry Goldwater Range- A-10's dropping flares at high altitude. Dischargeing LUU2 flares before retuning to Davis Monthan. 10-10:15 PM MST March 13, 1997. Ingition at 16-17,000 Ft. Visible from mountainside homes and 6 videos exit. Flares.

8-845 PM- Unknown objects. Winesses reported mile long, mile wide craft. UFO.

5:30 PM Crown King AZ. 16 witnesses. Unknown objects (3) UFO.

According to FOIA from Luke AFB... Luke described them as "unusual aerial objects". (UFO)

Unusual indeed.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

Yes, I agree. There are several reports of the orbs detatching and re-attaching to the massive V shaped craft we saw. Orbs were orange or red while attached to the craft and when they detached the port they vacated turned white. While the orb remained orange/red while under it's own propulsion.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gguyx
reply to post by mikefortson

Mike,

Saw Lynne's video, read the book, and your interview on UFOChronicles of earlier this year.

I sure hope you've kept all the emails and accounts of different people of the 8:30 pm event. A detailed account as close as possible to the time of the event should be archived and/or published. Look at the Roswell fiasco, and all these people coming out of the woodwork 60 years later, muddying the waters.

Particularly fascinating is the translucent, 'watery' nature of the object as seen when passing under the moon. Almost as if it was only partially in our dimensions. Did you ever find out if that 737 passing over it saw anything? Any of the passengers? Given the size of the object, the crew or some passengers should have been able to see it passing below them. Unless.... it wasn't visible from above. If so, this would open yet another can of worms.

When you saw the 737 passing above the object, could you see through the object and see the 737? Were there any reflections from the object from lights on the ground?

And finally, have you read Robert Schroeder's book 'Solving the UFO Enigma'? Using the latest trends in physics he make a case for another macro dimension that UFOs use to travel interstellar distances, 'cloak' themselves, and become transparent.

edit on 23-9-2012 by gguyx because: (no reason given)

gguyx- Whay you have said and the questions you ask are excellent.

If we could establish email contact, would be easier to do.

The real story of, "The Massive UFO Fly Over of Arizona, March 13, 1997" has never been told, but will be soon.

[email protected] I will answer your questions to the best of my knowledge of the case. I am not nor have I ever been an investigator for any ufo organizations. I am but a witness. A very active witness.

Thank you for reading my articles.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I say enough with the Chinese Lantern excuses. It is getting a bit annoying. If people want to insist that any particular lights in the sky are not Alien Crafts that is fine but, then people need to start "proving" that something is a Chinese Lantern.

Unless somebody completely, 100% verifies what something is, then a Chinese Lantern is as much a GUESS as an Aliens ship approaching.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

That is why it is being covered by every new network there right? Oh wait, it isn't.

That is why it is on the front page of the Arizona Republic. Oh wait, it isn't.

Why is that, Ciggy?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I live in Fairbanks, Alaska.. 99701(zip code), and i see these on a NIGHTLY basis.. also, there are 3 air force military bases located in this area aswell.. Ft. Wainwright , Eielson Air Force Base, and Clear air force base... strange, but i think it has to do something with the military.. just my 2 cents!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Doesn't seem anything like the original really. The original lights were not seen over Phoenix at all, for another thing. No real comparison to be honest.

Also, these do seem rather lantern-y. There were very mild winds that night - those lights are drifting slowly. They seem to flicker. They are orange. They "went out." So.. yea, they could easily be lanterns. If there were videos taken of longer than several minutes, please post links to them. Lanterns can burn 20.. 25 minutes or so. And indeed, you sort of need a very light breeze when you do set them off. So I don't see how you could discount them so easily. If someone can post a video of these lights that last 30.. 40 minutes.. an hour.. then you can probably discount lanterns. Of they change direction, accelerate or slow down abruptly.. things these lights did not do.

Also it's not surprising that there were only a few videos. The huge "fireball" (which was a rocket gone bad) flying over a city of over 18 million.. had a total of perhaps 6 videos. And during the morning rush hour too boot. Not everyone is looking up. The original flares over Phoenix had how many videos? 2? And we certainly know those happened. Most people are inside.. and not looking up at the sky with a camera.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

They do not need to move. Only Float. If there is a breeze or discernable wind upon which they may drift. No wind - no drift. What's so hard to grasp about that?

Everything is relative. Chinese lanterns can be quite bright depending on the relative ambient light and background. Also, depending on the fuel/ignition source and materials used, a wide spectrum of colors and luminosities are possible.

3. People launching lanterns for weddings do not just launch 2 they launch 30 or 40

Who said anything about a wedding? Chinese lanterns can be launched for an infinite number of reasons, for an infinite number of motivations and objectives. Here's just ONE alternative to a wedding you might consider: one or more pranksters launching a few to make people think they are seeing a UFO (or UFOs). Think that has EVER happened?

No - YOU may be ruling out Chinese lanterns, but many of us have not ruled out anything yet.

Originally posted by CigaretteManany other more plausible ideas>

Perhaps, but the Chinese lantern idea is quite plausible indeed. Even more plausible than a UFO a la '97 PHX lights, IMHO.

Originally posted by CigaretteManat least a plausible idea

Again - sorry - but that may be YOUR conclusion, and seemingly, NOT the conclusion drawn by many others. There just is not enough empirical evidence here to rule anything out (nor to draw any definitive conclusions yet). It may be Chinese lanterns. It may not be.

I'd tone down the absolute discarding of other theories, mate. Unless you have more evidence to offer. Which apparently you do not.

Chinese lanterns=quite plausible and quite credible, but not definitive.

Actually - perhaps you ARE right. The lights remain UNIDENTIFIED. But Chinese lanterns are as plausible of a theory as any other at this point.

Good luck - carry on...!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

any other more plausible ideas>

at least a plausible idea

1. Chinese lanterns only drift if there is wind. As for floating, is that not what these things are doing?

2. Chinese lanterns are as bright as the flame burning inside of them, there is no defined luminosity to a chinese lantern

3 People launch lanterns for all sorts of reasons, sometimes even to dupe gullible people into believing they are UFO's

Speak for yourself, but I will not rule out Chinese lanterns, especially when it is the most logical (and plausible btw) conclusion.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
So some descriptions say they are moving - Chinese lanterns do move in a direction due to the turbulence. Chinese lanterns do not stay static. Flares can be static, so could be that. If the level of radiation above the area is not highter, it may be flares.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
These are ORBS. Orbs look like asian lanterns and are easily confused. So now that we have ruled out all possible explanations, the only posibility is an orb craft (posibly alien in nature) that just sits in one spot and doesn't move ...much or maybe a little depending on the wind. We can now reasonably conclude these are orb like latern-flare things of alien origin that don't do much..

Any questions?
edit on 25-9-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join