It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Cleric Shows Respect for Religion by Burning Christian Bible

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by neo96

It is a good thing we dont judge an entire Religion , or country , by the words and actions of one man.

Gov David Duke ring a bell?

the same David Duke who has never killed anyone or urinated on a holy book- who, in fact, is welcome in Arab countries?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
reply to post by neo96

There is definitely an absurd amount of pious frauds that permeates throughout all these religions. It gives hypocrisy a bad name.

are you all stupid?

bibles and korans get burned all the time.

what do you think happens to all those books falling apart or getting dog eared or tatty or the paper is falling apart?

think about it.

it is just paper.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What have you got against the Muslims. Some are bad apples just like you get some Christians that are bad apples...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Its just a book, who really cares. What kind of children go around raising a fuss over other children acting up and disrespecting paper or ideas?

The true temple is the body, that houses the spirit/soul and Greater Source, and so, stop disrespecting humanity and all creatures great and small. Love everyone and equalize everyone. For that is the Church and truth hidden behind all the hijacked religions.

Paper doesnt matter, and even the ISMS, opinons over your god versus mine, don't matter. LOVE matters.

Do you hate and punish little chidren for misbehaving, by murdering them or using abusive language, or do you walk away until you calm down, and then find ways to encourage Love and Equality in them. So don't even react, to the weird things little kids do, whether its muslims burning bibles or christians burning korans, or all other ways of disrespecting religions.

Religion isn't a person, and can't be disrespected. People can, men, women and children can Nature can. Life and equality and love is all that counts here.

And forgiving tiny tots having temper tantrums, not reacting harshly and just being a good person.
edit on 24-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
all the book burning stuff or the reactions to it is so silly. it is a book of words that can easily be replaced, i could understand more if books were still written from scratch and some monk somewhere had to write another 1,000 pages of religious text and was called back of holiday to do it because some idiot just burnt one and now he has to work another month writing with a feather in candlelight, and there are only 50 copies world wide then i could understand a little rage. Also it is not the book people believe in it is the religion and all the book does is share it with other people. I don't think alien believers would be outraged if somebody burned a copy of 'U.F.O's the best cases' nor would people who believe evolution is a fact get outraged if somebody burnt Darwin books.

people are pathetic and i never have understood the outrage to book burning or flag burning, just print more books and make more flags and tell them "so what we just made a thousand more and then stick your tongue out"

you are awesome.

i totally agree with you.

i mean it is just some paper.

people are pathetic and i never have understood the outrage to book burning or flag burning, just print more books and make more flags and tell them "so what we just made a thousand more and then stick your tongue out"

absolutely correct.

...just print more books and make more flags and tell them "so what we just made a thousand more and then stick your tongue out"

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

I was listening to a talk radio program yesterday about all of this and they had a "human rights representative from the UN" as a guest.

One of the questions posed to her was (paraphrased) "should Americans adjust some of their laws regarding free speech to appease some of these minorities so they aren't offended by things like this?"

She didn't directly say NO or YES but rather went on to say that Muslims need to get with the program and insinuated that that kind of religious extremist belief/reaction we're seeing as a result of some book burnings etc is the kind of thing that needs to be eliminated. She equated this kind of "religious extremism" with Ignorance.

I don't agree or disagree with book burnings or whatever. People can say what they want. The reaction here is absurd IMO but they have a right to be P'dOff if they so wish... but ignorance of what??

Oh that's right... Ignorance and failure to realize/adopt/pursue the UN's globalist totalitarian agenda - which is perfectly exemplified in John Lennons lyrics you provided here

Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Mormon.. it's all going to be lumped into the same pile.

We all know the endgame is to install a one world system. Religion included. All signs point toward that "religion" being based on some environmental premise... Earth Worship or some such ridiculous shyt.

They will achieve this by slowly indoctrinating errr.. brainwashing people into thinking everything "they" (that being the UN for starters) say and tell you to do is best for the planet and if you're against it then you are part of the problem.

"If you're not with us, you're with the terrorists" ... ring a bell?

Yeah some option there, Sherlock. Smell like true freedom? Don't think so. And it's going to get worse unless people wake up to the plan and start getting vocal about it.

As far as this doorknob trying to make a statement about desecrating a Bible, well I wouldn't be the least surprised if him and the author of that "anti islam video" BOTH worked for the UN in some capacity.

It's just stirring up !!!! in order to push their agenda and try and convince people "how intolerant religion is! look! how terrible!!!"

and ATS will eat this stuff up because it's loaded full of anti-religious retards who've already been convinced that religion=ignorance when in fact the VAST majority of Muslim and Christian people are caring loving people who would never do any of these things.

Deny Ignorance right?

yeah.... right.....

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yep that is really showing "respect".

Yep, sure is ! Just like the other side when they burn the Quran,piss and defecate on muslim corps,rape little girls and kill entire family's,bomb innocent people and throw sanctions around like hot cakes.i guess it is respect.

They must look at fox news Prophet,don't worry they don't know no better.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I admit I'm getting old, crabby, and impatient. So for those of you who think this thread still has nuggets of gold to be discovered by the posters herein, fine, please just ignore this. Otherwise, I think I'll try to deflect it a little.

I've seen a couple of approaches to the problem that I don't think have been mentioned here, and I wonder what you think.

Approach 1. Announce to the world that we are withdrawing all troops from the Mid-East. Also announce that if they mess with us, or any of our friends and allies, we will destroy their country. Not invade, or sanction, or depose, but destroy it. And if the survivors mess with us again, we will destroy them again.

Approach 2. Every day we broadcast a new insult to Islam. Leaflet their country if we have to. Day after day. Eventually they will do one of three things. Either detstroy their country from within with riots, start a war which they lose, or eventually become desensitized and start shrugging off the insults. At which time they will be offered a chance to join the modern world.

Just trying to shake things up a little.

Maybe we can test out the waters with the ME.

How about we give a few of the countries like Iran, Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, and maybe a few others a couple nukes each. And before we do so, we can setup an initiative much like MAD, If they decide to use their 1 or 2 nukes on another country, an succeed, we than have every right to lay waste to the country who put forth a preemptive strike.

Now the big question to ask is whether any of those countries would decide to use them. Do you think they would have the balls to use them knowing full well their country would be destroyed in the aftermath?

I say let the game play out. I think Iran would be the first to use them. More especially on Jerusalem. But again, I don’t think it would happen. Again, if Iran did use them, Iran would be laid waste for hundreds of years. Is that something Iran would want? I would have to believe Iran has some form of dignity for their own people.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq
I am a Christian, but I must not be a very good one.....Cause his actions don't offend me, and I don't have the urge to go kill Muslims and burn there Mosque.

On the contrary! You must be a good one because somewhere along the line you learned to turn the other cheek!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Dear Propulsion,

Thanks for jumping on board the "Out of the Box Express." I don't think anyone will take up our options, but it helps us keep our thinking "loose."

Unfortunately for me, over the night my thinking has "tightened up." I hope you don't mind if I toss out a few things that may have to be worked out in your idea? Maybe you can help "loosen" me up again.

Situation 1.) Some Muslim country loads all their nuclear gear up, drives into some tiny little country in Africa, sets up and fires the missile from there. Do we get a tiny little pile of dust while the Muslim country whistles?

Situation 2.) The Muslim countries decide to join in one mass infantry and armor attack on Israel. Israel is getting swamped, so they decide to use nukes to wipe out the incoming hordes. Do we nuke Israel?

Situation 3.) One absolutely crazy Muslim country (Why does Iran come to mind?) decides that the 72 virgins is a good exchange, so they launch anyway. (after getting there leadership and population to evacuate) Israel is dust, Iran is dust and the entire Middle-East is Muslim.

I would have to believe Iran has some form of dignity for their own people.
I would like to think that, too, but I also think they'll need a nearly completely new government before that happens.

Now I've done it. I've made myself depressed again. You're no fun.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I have always held the belief that modern Christians would not stoop to this level, and I think I am right. This means that these people are not true Christians, because Christianity teaches to harm no one...So calling for someone to be beheaded and beseiging anything are against the tenets of the faith. Therefore they can call themselves members of that faith, but they are not.

I still highly doubt that Christians in non-Middle-Eastern countries would stoop to this level, therefore the problem must lie with the people of the Middle East. What others conclusions can be drawn? If they can kill in the name of any religion, ignoring the fact that their religion prohibits it, then the problem is with them, not the religion. I have always said that Muslim radicals are propped up by the words of their holy book, and this is their justification for killing. While the OT of the Bible may give some the impression that they can kill others, Christianity, and the NT, changed all of that.

With the teachings of Jesus, which is what Christianity is based from, all the doctrine of the OT was replaced. So go figure that these people cannot understand any religion, apparently.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by wascurious

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by andy06shake
"Dont they teach BILLIONS have to die, cool call."

The guide stones do teach this, but so does the Bible and Koran, book of revalations etc.

True but the Bible doesnt teach it is by the hands of humanity, the guidestones teach that humanity? is to cull the masses.
Thats a little different

Nope, the bible says your loving god is going to kill BILLIONS.
That is better?

Actually thats not God doing that, it's a man doing that, the Son of Perdition (lawlessness). The war to end all wars begins between our ancient enemy and he starts slaughtering people by the millions who refuse to bow down to him (beheading). Then Yeshua shows up on Mt. of Olives to destroy him and his army at Armageddon (Megiddo) or Satan incarnate would burn the entire world and everyone in it. Our loving God comes to save whats left of mankind from extinction.

Better read your bible again.
After that, EVERYONE DIES.
Just like that last time your god Killed everyone but one family and every animal and one magic olive tree.
Your god is a bloodthirsty prick.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wascurious

After that, EVERYONE DIES.
Just like that last time your god Killed everyone but one family and every animal and one magic olive tree.
Your god is a bloodthirsty prick

Nope only those who took the mark of the Beast and followed the Antichrist get wiped out at Armageddon, those who defended God's people and aided the christian and jewish believers in Yeshua, will be the survivors who populate the earth. So no, everyone does not die. You don't know as much as you think you do. My God doesn't start this war, but he does finish it once and for all.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Muslim Cleric Shows Respect for Religion by Burning Christian Bible

If there are two things that Muslims do really well, it’s burning churches and synagogues and showing respect for religion. In Cairo, the appropriately named Abu Islam, decided to go for a twofer by doing both at the same time and burning the Christian Bible. Christians immediately responded by besieging Muslim embassies and demanding that someone be beheaded for this.

Hmm isn't that what they do to people to desecrate the Qu'ran?

Muslim cleric Abu Islam Burns the Holy Bible in front of thousands of Muslims at protest outside the US Embassy in Cairo, Egypt, on Tuesday, 9/11. His action was met with applause and anti-Christian cheers from the demonstrators. The cleric, before leaving the demonstration and getting into his car, told the crowds “next time I will urinate on it.

frontpagemag.com...

Yep that is really showing "respect".

So here we are with current events being all hyped up both in the East and West, and other events are flying under the radar.

The target of many people is a film maker and the mockery of Islam but then nothing but deafening silence from those people about the actions of their own.

Typical hypocrisy which is the point of the thread which is not about the denigration of Islam or Christianity it is about crying respect when they do not show it.

*if this was already posted feel free to 404.*

edit on 22-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/9/12 by masqua because: Added a link - not provided

And we (Americans / Christians) show no tolerance for what they do to the Holy Bible.
All I can say about this is that HE will get his due ... The Book of Romans, Chapter 12, Verse 19

I do not need to say anymore. KARMA is going to get him for what he has done.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Muslim cleric Abu Islam Burns the Holy Bible in front of thousands of Muslims at protest outside the US Embassy in Cairo, Egypt, on Tuesday, 9/11. His action was met with applause and anti-Christian cheers from the demonstrators. The cleric, before leaving the demonstration and getting into his car, told the crowds “next time I will urinate on it.

Fire is so last millenium.

They should as a protest go on Amazon.com, buy Kindle bibles and then delete them.
That will show the christians.
If it doesn't get a reaction buy more and delete them until it does.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join