Muslim Cleric Shows Respect for Religion by Burning Christian Bible

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree always thought that religion was between that person and their maker no matter what they call him and not a "how to guide".

The God I subscribe to would never condone any actions by either side and the only real meaningful judgement come from him/her.

This might be the second or third star I've ever given to you. Well earned, too.

Religious extremism is bad for society, no matter the religion.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Robin: Holy Bat Bible Batman. I guess we need to go blow some stuff up now.

Batman: Wait Robin, they've already blown up all their stores and buildings up over there.

Robin: What shoud we do then Batman?

Batman: Sit back and wait for them to blow more stuff up once they realize we don't give a #$#% about them burning paper in a book.

Robin: Good Bat Point Batman.

Batman: Off to the Bat TV to watch the MSM give us more mis-information.
edit on 23-9-2012 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
What a bunch of children. This is just a book. Burning the Bible does not shake up my faith so bad that I have to run out in the streets and riot and kill, as if destroying a book that was printed by man actually destroyed my faith. If there is any inherent evil or wrongdoing, I can only shake my head and let the creator deal with this issue on his own. He is all powerful, he does not need me to fight such a puny battle for him. Perhaps if these Muslims had a stronger faith in their God and in their religion, they may have a bit tougher skin. They make their religion look weak and their God impotent with such childish behavior.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire
Robin: Holy Bat Bible Batman. I guess we need to go blow some stuff up now.

Batman: Wait Robin, they've already blown up all their stores and buildings up over there.

Robin: What shoud we do then Batman?

Batman: Sit back and wait for them to blow more stuff up once they realize we don't give a #$#% about them burning paper in a book.

Robin: Good Bat Point Batman.

Batman: Off to the Bat TV to watch the MSM give us more mis-information.
edit on 23-9-2012 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

I'm thinking of burning my Frontpage97 guidebook, hope Batman and Robin aware of that and come to the rescue (i'm ready with autograph book)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

Originally posted by newcovenant
Would it be OK to invade these people with Western Ideas of free speech and tell them their belief system is all wrong and their God is an a-hole? Should we hate them because they're near naked and seemingly barbaric to us? Or should we just leave the people alone and let them think what they want?

[image removed, partial female nudity]

If we went in and dismantled these peoples religion (whatever it is) "for their own good" do you think some of the men folk are going to get pissed off and maybe come at you with a blowgun? Would they have a right?

We should not go swatting at hornets nests with sticks
and be surprised when hornets fly out and attack.

edit on 23-9-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)
edit on Sun Sep 23 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

Who the hell said anything about invading them and injecting any kind of western moral into their lives? For all I care they could stay that way for eternity.

I was merely laughing at the poor attempt to prove a point by this muslim cleric's actions. Not only did he not prove the point he wanted to, the whole thing simply shows that there's only one religion that gets upset over minor issues and starts violent rampages with casualties and damage to property. Do I need to name that religion? No.

If anything, they invade the western world and try to force their way on others while expecting everyone to be considerate towards them. F it. If you act like you belong in a cave, don't go crying later on.

Yeah whatever. I can't believe mod removed the photo for partial female nudity. I thought they were just some man boobs there. Maybe they looked a little too provocative? I don't know. LOL Comical...Anyway in answer to your question I am trying to say people are different and it isn't up to us to change them and your comment "For all I care they could stay that way for eternity." shows your shallow and really closed minded attitude. People don't need your permission to be themselves nor do they need you to care, or not care - just leave them alone. You know they are hot headed. You know they are volatile. You know they don't even want us in their country and yet there we are - killing their people accidentally in drone strikes and deliberately with crazed soldiers murdering innocent families in their sleep. You think they should LOVE us? How much do you expect a people to tolerate? Let's get our guys out of there. Don't try to get others to hate on them because they don't act or re-act like you.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by scholarwarrior
That's funny,I remember about a year and a half ago there was a pastor in Florida who was burning Qurans. What goes around comes around.

I buy copies of the Quran all the time.

I keep them in the bathroom.

The pages are so soft and the words sooo soothing on my backside.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

Originally posted by scholarwarrior
That's funny,I remember about a year and a half ago there was a pastor in Florida who was burning Qurans. What goes around comes around.

I buy copies of the Quran all the time.

I keep them in the bathroom.

The pages are so soft and the words sooo soothing on my backside.

What a coincidence! I do that with the Bible!
Like velvet !

And btw/ You are wiping your buttocks with the story of the Virgin Mary
and Jesus Christ too since the Madonna and Child are also spoken of in the Koran.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
That magazine is a Zionist propaganda site, take a look at it, click at the link called THE WALL

How do you people know it even reported the truth on bible burning.

Can you folks please show a little effort on your part and not just swallow garbage like animals.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by andy06shake
"Dont they teach BILLIONS have to die, cool call."

The guide stones do teach this, but so does the Bible and Koran, book of revalations etc.

True but the Bible doesnt teach it is by the hands of humanity, the guidestones teach that humanity? is to cull the masses.
Thats a little different

Nope, the bible says your loving god is going to kill BILLIONS.
That is better?

Actually thats not God doing that, it's a man doing that, the Son of Perdition (lawlessness). The war to end all wars begins between our ancient enemy and he starts slaughtering people by the millions who refuse to bow down to him (beheading). Then Yeshua shows up on Mt. of Olives to destroy him and his army at Armageddon (Megiddo) or Satan incarnate would burn the entire world and everyone in it. Our loving God comes to save whats left of mankind from extinction.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostPassword
That magazine is a Zionist propaganda site, take a look at it, click at the link called THE WALL

How do you people know it even reported the truth on bible burning.

Can you folks please show a little effort on your part and not just swallow garbage like animals.

As with this poster said.
The bible was not burn by him, another guy did it
Now you understand how the propaganda being played and you guys bought it all

The Imam indeed respect the book and the people who believe it, he just show how frustrated he is. Burning a holybook is not a Muslim thing at all. The cleric actually KNEW this is wrong.

He Says: message to the Egyptian Christians. Out of respect and politeness to the Egyptian Christians we will not do the same like what they did to our God’s book, we will be generous towards you today and say we will respect you “momentarily.” We will respect this book which is in the Arabic language.

Later, he hold another Bible that Terry the priest beleive, and tear it.
The book was torn apart to be scattered in public. Another person burn the left over. Later the guy said he'll ask his grandson to piss on it. Notice how different the story, the website does not tell the truth and everybody jump in.

To quote what the guy said:

Abu Islam said “if someone one did something, everyone bears the guilt and bears the outcome. Did not all Muslims bear the pain of what Osama bin Laden did? Did not all Muslims bear the pain of Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman being described as a terrorist? Let them taste from the cup the Islamic world had to drink.”

I do not agree what they have done, but at least we all need to find the true story.
Original News ? and yes, 0 comments there.
edit on 23-9-2012 by NullVoid because: link

Burnt my Frontpage97 book, still no Batman or Robin.
edit on 24-9-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I admit I'm getting old, crabby, and impatient. So for those of you who think this thread still has nuggets of gold to be discovered by the posters herein, fine, please just ignore this. Otherwise, I think I'll try to deflect it a little.

I've seen a couple of approaches to the problem that I don't think have been mentioned here, and I wonder what you think.

Approach 1. Announce to the world that we are withdrawing all troops from the Mid-East. Also announce that if they mess with us, or any of our friends and allies, we will destroy their country. Not invade, or sanction, or depose, but destroy it. And if the survivors mess with us again, we will destroy them again.

Approach 2. Every day we broadcast a new insult to Islam. Leaflet their country if we have to. Day after day. Eventually they will do one of three things. Either detstroy their country from within with riots, start a war which they lose, or eventually become desensitized and start shrugging off the insults. At which time they will be offered a chance to join the modern world.

Just trying to shake things up a little.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

There comes a point where we all need to step back and say, "who cares?"

I know I'm at that point right now. To me, it's just a book, and while I do not think it's right to burn it, or anything sacred for that matter, it does not bother me enough for me to waste any more time than to write these few sentences.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Islam prohibits any ridiculousness on other religions & religious text book also. That moron who burned the bible does not represent islam and made a grave sin.

Muslims are taught by Quran and Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) that no compulsion in religion and that you have your full independent will to select your own faith. On the other hand you hold the full responsibility of your choice.

Muslims are required, per their religion, to deal with people of all other faiths with respect and to cooperate with them for the benefit of humanity and nature.

In addition, Muslims deal with Christians and Jews, as called in Quran, as "people of the book" because Muslims believe in the Torah (Jews holy book) and the Bible (Christians holy book) and believe in their prophets and messengers.

Every Muslim, must show respct for every other religion. This is what prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) had said and done. Jews & Christians lived in peace with the prophet in Makkah & Medina.

Prophet also sent the new Muslims to Abyssinia, to seek asylum under a just Chritian king. Sura Al Kafiroon of the Quran says " ...You will not believe in what I believe, I will not believe in what you believe, hence, your faith is with you and my faith is with me." Ergo, no force, no competion, no comparisons......you do what you think is good, I will do what I think is good.

edit on 24-9-2012 by shuar911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
alright guys... are you ready for this? I'm a Muslim. And I'm offended by this so-called "cleric" burning the Bible. But i'm not going to violently protest over it or scream 'off with his head!' i'm not middle-eastern, so i can't pretend to know much about how politics work over there, but i'm pretty sure this whole "muslim brotherhood" thing is not really "Muslim" in the terms that i learned from the Qu'ran and Hadith. Anyone who works that closely with Washington is (in my humble opinion) pretty inherently corrupt. and well.. this is a conspiracy site, and i sure do like some conspiracies, and my friends - this is a good one. The Qu'ran mentions the Bible and the Old Testament as being from Him... so what makes this guy think he is being righteous by burning the book of God (whether or not it has been 'corrupted')? i'm just saying. This guy doesn't represent Islam. Of course, upon first glance that's what everyone will think.
ps- for those of you who are christian/muslim and are not offended you are either lying in order to be PC or you don't really have faith. i'm not accusing anyone of anything, but i find it hard to believe that someone sladering or trying to injure your religion does not affect you at all. it is true that "turn the other cheek (so they can slap it again) is the best recourse, but if it doesn't make you FEEL something like anger, pity, or sadness then ... well... do you have any real feelings at all, or are you just doing the motions?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If he paid for it, he can do what ever the hell he wants with it, IMO

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by couldbeanyone

Would Jesus have been offended?

There are those who are indignant because they feel that their faith must be defended - those are the ones who see that their faith is weak.

Then there are those who do not defend their faith, because they know their faith is strong enough to take it.

According to your post, which one is the stronger faith? Who views their faith to be stronger? From what I have just typed above, it seems we are surrounded by weak faiths - otherwise, no one would be so upset by their faith being attacked. Because those with true understanding and strength in their faith, will know that anyone who attacks their faith is simply upset because they are shown to be weaker.

Food for thought, friends.
edit on 24-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

ah, good point. i didn't mean you HAVE to be offended. Maybe Jesus (saw) wouldn't have been offended, but he certainly would have been saddened... i think. just my opinion here, please don't take anything i say as fact. I do believe we all need to be more "christ-like" in our reactions to things of this caliber. take for example

Matthew 18:15-17

“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

so from that example, we do need to have some sensibilities about what is right and wrong and not to ignore them, but to advise our brothers and sisters in their wrongdoing. the same with islam.

also the definition of offense is:

A breach of a law or rule; an illegal act.
A thing that constitutes a violation of what is judged to be right or natural: "the outcome is an offense to justice".

so... maybe, probably (again in my humble opinion) jesus (saw) would be offended.

thanks for the constructive reply and salam!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Would Jesus have been offended?

There are those who are indignant because they feel that their faith must be defended - those are the ones who see that their faith is weak.

Then there are those who do not defend their faith, because they know their faith is strong enough to take it.

According to your post, which one is the stronger faith? Who views their faith to be stronger? From what I have just typed above, it seems we are surrounded by weak faiths - otherwise, no one would be so upset by their faith being attacked. Because those with true understanding and strength in their faith, will know that anyone who attacks their faith is simply upset because they are shown to be weaker.

Food for thought, friends.
edit on 24-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

sorry, forgot to reply to other points in your response...
those who are indignant need to be advised as to their behavior and ego as well.
as for those who do not defend their faith because they know their faith is strong enough to take it... well yes. perhaps their faith is stronger, however if someone realizes something has been passed over or left out in judgement they should say something. only through thoughful contemplation and discussion can we learn and grow. i do believe it is the duty of anyone of faith to discuss these things, regardless the level of their faith. those who have the strongest of faith are continually tested. that is how we know it to be genuine. sure we know a diamond is strong, but we still test it by scratching a piece of glass, do we not?
edit on 24-9-2012 by couldbeanyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

A thing that constitutes a violation of what is judged to be right or natural: "the outcome is an offense to justice".

so... maybe, probably (again in my humble opinion) jesus (saw) would be offended.

One, he offered himself to be crucified, then said, "Forgive them, they know not what they do." That implies an incredible degree of tolerance, especially considering his condition at the time (assuming the story to be true, of course).

Second, I believe there's a certain discrepancy between traditional Christianity and the Muslim faith - is it Muslims who believe that Jesus was NOT the Messiah? I'm not entirely certain if that's Muslims or Jews.

And again, he stated multiple times (according to the Bible) that books are not the source of wisdom. Hence, if burning the Bible causes you grief, you've been doing something wrong.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

One, he offered himself to be crucified, then said, "Forgive them, they know not what they do." That implies an incredible degree of tolerance, especially considering his condition at the time (assuming the story to be true, of course).

Second, I believe there's a certain discrepancy between traditional Christianity and the Muslim faith - is it Muslims who believe that Jesus was NOT the Messiah? I'm not entirely certain if that's Muslims or Jews.

And again, he stated multiple times (according to the Bible) that books are not the source of wisdom. Hence, if burning the Bible causes you grief, you've been doing something wrong.

again, good points. As for tolerance, i'm in 100% agreement. but that does not mean we should not advise. Also, it is true that both the jewish and the muslims do not believe that Jesus (saw) was crucified for the sins of all... but that is a long-standing point of contention for anotherdiscussion and another post. I do not deny that Jesus was special, he was very much special and created by God for a very important and very specific mission. I do not deny his miracles nor his special relationship with God. Infact, Jesus (saw) is very much revered, especially for his behavior as the best example of how we should act. of course, books are not the source of wisdom, but if we don't have any respect for the books containing the word of God, how can we claim to have respect for the word of God?
edit on 24-9-2012 by couldbeanyone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join