It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Cleric Shows Respect for Religion by Burning Christian Bible

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You know this petty childish behaviour by a minority of bigoted human beings is pathetic. I hate the world we live in right now I really do. I dont want to get nuked over a book! But that is what is going to happen sooner or later. It is a matter of when not if before some crazy reglious headcase gets hold of a weapon of mass destruction and blows it up. The way we are going there wont be any books left as they will all have been burnt to cinders in the nuclear fires. Most of the planet will be dead and religion wont mean very much to the survivors whose only consideration is on survival in a nuclear winter. If humanity does go on in the post apocolyptic world then i am sure something else will come along to replace the old religions. A new interpretation of an old theme as it were. If i were to survive a mass wipeout I'd start the Church of Terran. A new Earth church respecting nature, mankind and all the animals in it!

We are supposed to be an advanced civilisation approaching Type I status. For my money I am far from convinced that we are. Religion should be a personal thing between you and your God. Shoving it down the throats of others simply is not on
Who am i to say my interpretation of God is better than another person's interpretation of God. When all is said and done there is only one Creator. I dont care if the Creator is called Allah, God or whatever. It is still the same Creator. Which makes this whole Religious Cold War turning hot so stupid.

We are ALL one race, We are ALL human. We get born, we live and we die. They are three indesputable Facts of Life And Death NOONE can deny! Why waste time arguing over anything else. So immature of humanity. So very sad and tragic for EVERYONE!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Muslim Cleric Shows Respect for Religion by Burning Christian Bible

If there are two things that Muslims do really well, it’s burning churches and synagogues and showing respect for religion. In Cairo, the appropriately named Abu Islam, decided to go for a twofer by doing both at the same time and burning the Christian Bible. Christians immediately responded by besieging Muslim embassies and demanding that someone be beheaded for this.

Hmm isn't that what they do to people to desecrate the Qu'ran?

Muslim cleric Abu Islam Burns the Holy Bible in front of thousands of Muslims at protest outside the US Embassy in Cairo, Egypt, on Tuesday, 9/11. His action was met with applause and anti-Christian cheers from the demonstrators. The cleric, before leaving the demonstration and getting into his car, told the crowds “next time I will urinate on it.

frontpagemag.com...

Yep that is really showing "respect".

So here we are with current events being all hyped up both in the East and West, and other events are flying under the radar.

The target of many people is a film maker and the mockery of Islam but then nothing but deafening silence from those people about the actions of their own.

Typical hypocrisy which is the point of the thread which is not about the denigration of Islam or Christianity it is about crying respect when they do not show it.

*if this was already posted feel free to 404.*

edit on 22-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/9/12 by masqua because: Added a link - not provided

Sad attempt at getting christians to hate muslims to push a war on iran.
Psyop PHAIL.

I don't care.

He can burn 100,000 bibles. Its just paper. The real material of the bible is priceless.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Now lets show them how civil WE all are and put a 100k bounty on his head

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I am a Christian, and if you want to curse me, my G-d, burn the Christian bible, etc… Than have at it! It is what some of us call “free will”! It’s what’s within my heart that matters most! It is your free will to do so, and I’m not going to go out and kill you, or make threats to kill you if you decide to do such things! There are a lot of videos out there that show how their children are indoctrinated. Taught that the Jews are evil monkeys trying to take over the world! It’s sad! Really sick!

Open your eye’s people; it is the so called “friendly” Muslims demonstrating hate in the streets when someone sketches out a cartoon of Mohammed. I have NEVER seen Muslims out in the streets rallying together to demonstrate their love for this great country! And for those that say that it is only a small majority that are wackos…? Go ahead and burn the Koran, talk down Muhammad, etc..! I’m sorry people! I’m just not feeling the love here! Are there really that many people out there that are so blind to the truth?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The simple answer is that no, not all Abrahamic religions are the same. I started composing a thread (currently twelve A4 pages long in font size 8, not even half-completed yet) to explain why this is the case, and why only two of the faiths in question are to be considered genuine 'Abrahamic' revelations. However, in some dream guidance a month or so back, I was advised not to continue with setting up that thread at this time. Basically because there were some more important things for me to focus on, with regard to my professional career.

Judaism is the precursor, Christ is the fulfilment.

Look carefully at the doctrine, the minutiae of each faith, and you will see that the above is true, based on Christ being the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecies, the mediator of a New Covenant, giving freedom and grace to all who follow, replacing strict obedience to the laws of the Covenant of Moses (which was designed to emphasise the need for holiness of conduct).

Islam, you will discover, is designed to undermine the lasting legacy and ministry of Christ as described in the New Testament record, (that legacy and ongoing ministry being attested by generation upon generation of Christians who have come to a personal, mystical relationship with the Cosmic Christ as Supreme Deity in His part of the Holy Trinity of the One Father, the First Cause, also including His omnipresent Spirit).

Islam denies that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that He died and rose again, or that He ascended to the highest realm of the heavens, in order to resume His place as timeless, eternal Lord of Creation, the symbolic & literal Firstborn among many sons and daughters of God. Islam denies that God the Father wants to bless His children on Earth with the presence and power of His Spirit, or that He wants to heal, instruct and show each of us who He is, the good plans He has for us and so forth. Islam teaches that God is unknowable, and that absolute submission to every dictate, intimation or simple whim of Mohammed is the only way to please God.

Which, of course, is nonsense - particularly noticeable as such if we consider Christ to have spoken the Truth in the ''Sermon on the Mount'', or in issuing the traditional ''Lords Prayer''. Seriously - go read those two New Testament passages, and you'll see how offensive it is to the character of Jesus and His testimony - that Mohammed name-drops Jesus, in with his otherwise brutal vitriol, daring to put words into Jesus' mouth which deny the very words Jesus is recorded by His closest followers as having said 600 years earlier.

Basically, the doctrine of Islam (such as can be extrapolated from the largely incoherent ramblings of the Quran, and the fudging of the Hadith and Sunnah) serves only to effect a brutalising of the Abrahamic tradition, and to spark war, chaos (etc) in vast swathes of humanity - by so doing, instilling doubts as to the validity of the Abrahamic revelations of Judaism and Christianity.

Islam was designed by the spiritual power who is the enemy of our souls - 'he' (the infernal "It" in truth) designed it as a clever counterfeit of Judaism, and I will say so openly. I would challenge any Muslim to a debate, if I had the time. One day, I will make the time, but for now, suffice to say I know enough about Judaism, Christianity and Islam to properly analyse the doctrine, practice and traditions of each. I also enjoy a mystical communion with the Father & Christ, by the Spirit - a mysterious and beautiful edification and renewal of mind and spirit, the prime relationship that exists in all eternity (the basis of all our human affections is found in the mysterious 'self-yet-separate' relations of the Divine - this unique and primordial condition of His being cannot be fathomed by Human wisdom, but must be experienced by faith). A relationship with the actual personal God, over and above all things, is available to all who call on Jesus, who trust in Him.

I expect an answer which fails to take into account anything I have actually said, and demonstrates that most people in this world just like to categorise things in neat little boxes, preferring to ignore the challenge of Christ to be 'born again' into a Kingdom that is not earthly in its nature. It takes some courage to break with the standard propaganda issued by the antichrist crowd, particularly to go and research each of the three faiths, in the order in which they appeared on Earth, in order to witness the actuality of what I have stated above*...

* Which is, in summary:

Judaism
= precursor of Abrahamic revelation;

Christianity
= fulfillment of Abrahamic revelation, the great gift of God to Mankind, and to each individual..

Islam
= damaging counterfeit, many lies (cleverly interpolated with bits of truth, to look 'spiritual'..)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by scholarwarrior
That's funny,I remember about a year and a half ago there was a pastor in Florida who was burning Qurans. What goes around comes around.

Yah they sure are teaching us not to burn their qurans.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Here’s an idea….

Let’s take both the Koran and the bible, put them on the ground, and let a Christian pee on one and a Muslim pee on the other.

Now here’s the kicker. Who do you think would retaliate most?

I can see it now.

After the Muslim pee’s on the Bible, he then turns around and chops the head off of the Christian peeing on the Koran.

Am I wrong?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Or perhaps this is what the agenda is; pushing religious button is pointless, Muslims always win. But who is going to benefit from this conflict?
Is this a smokescreen for a more sinister plan? Or is it to create an excuse to pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
Would it be OK to invade these people with Western Ideas of free speech and tell them their belief system is all wrong and their God is an a-hole? Should we hate them because they're near naked and seemingly barbaric to us? Or should we just leave the people alone and let them think what they want?

[image removed, partial female nudity]

If we went in and dismantled these peoples religion (whatever it is) "for their own good" do you think some of the men folk are going to get pissed off and maybe come at you with a blowgun? Would they have a right?

We should not go swatting at hornets nests with sticks
and be surprised when hornets fly out and attack.

edit on 23-9-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Sep 23 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

Who the hell said anything about invading them and injecting any kind of western moral into their lives? For all I care they could stay that way for eternity.

I was merely laughing at the poor attempt to prove a point by this muslim cleric's actions. Not only did he not prove the point he wanted to, the whole thing simply shows that there's only one religion that gets upset over minor issues and starts violent rampages with casualties and damage to property. Do I need to name that religion? No.

If anything, they invade the western world and try to force their way on others while expecting everyone to be considerate towards them. F it. If you act like you belong in a cave, don't go crying later on.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
A genius done it to the Koran, Now one of them has done it to the bible, big deal. They can piss on the bible all they want, I use it when I run out of toilet paper.
There was a video on YT some time back. It showed a couple guy blow-up a copy of the Koran with an M80. It was awesome! The video was on YT for only a few hours before it was removed. I thought for sure the muzzies were going to retaliate and burn down a couple Christian churches in retaliation.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
We are not apes any more. I don't think us "christians" give a damn about religion anymore, we are too civilised, too evolved.

We just need to ignore the children.

In a few thousand years, they took will evolve to our level

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

i wonder what would have happened if someone went to one of these so called protests andd set off a bunch of firecrackers

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by MidnightTide

It's important to remember that it is only a small segment (out of the worldwide Muslim population) causing trouble. However, as you correctly suggested, the number is significant enough to warrant concern from the global community. (A conservative figure of 1% would be about 16 million Extremists, a liberal figure of 10% would be about 160 million Extremists.)
In the United States of America, we currently have 310,338,864 Americans living inside our borders. I will not take in account how many Americans live abroad. Out of the 310,338,864, there are between 6 and 10 million Muslims living here in the United States. It is believed that about 8 million are considered “spiritual” Muslims. If we take the proverbial 1% we consider radical Muslims running around here in the United States of America, out of that 8 million, that would leave around 80,000. If you want to take into account how many Muslims live in the world today. The Wikipedia report estimates 1.57 billion as the most reliable estimate. That is over 5 times the amount of people who live in the United States. If you want to take 1% of the radical Muslims that we need not worry about, out of the 1.57 billion, we are looking at about 15,700,000. 1% can be a whole bus load of radical Muslims. I’m tired of people who think 1% of anything means squat!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by neo96

Who cares? I was discussing this with a Pakistani guy the other day. He was saying he wanted peaceful revenge for that crappy film and I correctly informed that nobody would give a toss in the western world...

he wanted peaceful revenge
Sounds like the wolf in sheeps clothing to me...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Ah, who cares! I would piss on the Holy Bible to put the fire out. That's how much respect I have for the book and any organized religion for that matter. They are all primitive belief systems that should have no place in our World. Get over it!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by FlyersFan

According to Mary Abdelmassih in a story carried by the Assyrian International News Agency (www.aina.org), the cleric, before leaving the demonstration and getting into his car, told the crowds “next time I will urinate on it.”

continentalnews.net...

vladtepesblog.com...

Good enough to comment now?

before leaving the demonstration and getting into his car, told the crowds “next time I will urinate on it.
I respect the mans right to free speech, I can only hope he respects mine..!

“May Muhammad burn in the fiery fames of hell for all eternity”! Muhammad is nothing but a Neanderthal pedophile looking for as many 9 year old girls as possible to marry and sexually abuse against their will! There are a lot of young fish in the ocean, and Muhammad want’s them all for himself? He’s nothing but a sicko, and for people to think he’s something more make those people even sicker than Muhammad! I would go ahead and pee on the Koran like the cleric suggested about peeing on the bible, but in all reality, the Koran isn’t worth a single drop of my urine!…

Now it is completely against my morals to make such a comment. It’s really not my style, but I’m sick and tired of this Sh!t! I’m soooo tired of innocent people dying because of a book or an idiotic movie! If the Muslims want respect, they need to start acting like adults. Instead of these little crybabies throwing their hissy fits! It ridiculous!

edit on 23-9-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by scholarwarrior
That's funny,I remember about a year and a half ago there was a pastor in Florida who was burning Qurans. What goes around comes around.

Yah they sure are teaching us not to burn their qurans.

Monkey see, monkey do demonstrates a lack of cerebral development. I do not need to be taught not to piss on a book. You learned you should be seeing someone else do it?

Wow is that scary.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
do something bad in the world, say you are sorry, and your sins are forgiven.

One man's sin is another's honourable deed.

Arbitrary terms like 'sin' are the tatami-thin substratum of arbitrary notions that the concept of religion is predicated upon.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
How far hath the children fallen face palms. Humanity takes things way too seriously and by doing this they just threw a canister of oil into the fire that was ignited already as it is. Ahhhh ~ !!! I really hope the kids won't start off another crusade cause of this cause honestly. This stuff is getting pretty childish and ridiculous ~ !!!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
Ah, who cares! I would piss on the Holy Bible to put the fire out. That's how much respect I have for the book and any organized religion for that matter. They are all primitive belief systems that should have no place in our World. Get over it!

This man or woman I
you.

Well not piss on it but..... you got it right.

The book should be nothing treated as just a guide book.

To love, to care, to understand, to respect, to give and etc. It should never be taken as serious and a big deal as people make of it. Cause we all know when people take stuff way too serious wars break out. Hahaahaha ~ !!! "One shall not murder" heh ~ !!! I wonder if they followed that rule during the crusades

Religion was not meant to be used for money and crap that is happening today. Instead it was a guide to achieving the perfect state. All religions speak of love, understanding, giving and respect etc....

But..... where is it when they bicker and fight and cause chaos ?

So..... I think the children are becoming little tantrum throwers who understand nothing ~ !!!!
Heh.... I know I am judging and I am not meant to but aren't we all judging one another ~ ???

Peace.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join