It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Cleric Shows Respect for Religion by Burning Christian Bible

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

You can believe in God and not follow a religion. This doesn't make you an atheist.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There is no God but............God,
and Jesus is his Prophet and Son.
edit on 23-9-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Action is met with Yawns...

...and after all that...videos of rioting muslims still looks foolish.

i will never understand their point, it will great when they stop trying so hard.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
A Christian Bible? That's like saying the Jewish Torah, or Muslim Qur'an.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Then why are there so many religions? Does it occur to you that perhaps all Judaic and Abrahamic religions are just like Islam, in that they all come from the same faith which no one remembers? A seed faith, that was shredded and spread across dozens of nations, which took the pieces and warped them according to what they were familiar with?

Maybe if we look back far enough, we'll see that we've all been following the same religion, just with different names and different faces.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Then why are there so many religions? Does it occur to you that perhaps all Judaic and Abrahamic religions are just like Islam, in that they all come from the same faith which no one remembers? A seed faith, that was shredded and spread across dozens of nations, which took the pieces and warped them according to what they were familiar with?

Do you know the history of the three?
Do you know that Mohamed studied under the Rabbi's?
Do you know that Christianity was originally considered just another Jewish sect by the Romans?
Do you know Jesus is mentioned many times in the Qur'an second only to Mohamed?
Do you know all three are considered as being of the Abrahamic faith?

Maybe if we look back far enough, we'll see that we've all been following the same religion, just with different names and different faces.

Do you know.........

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Then you have essentially proved my point. I rest my case.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
As a Christian I just reflect Jesus feelings on something done that was much worse than that.

Luke 23:34a

And Jesus prayed, Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.

If this ideology is properly applied by Christians it shows which religion is reflecting truth.

Compared to...
The Qur'an says: "Fight and slay the pagans [Christians] wherever ye find them and seize them, confine them, and lie in wait for them in every place of ambush" (Surah 9:5)

You be the judge on what is better for world peace.

Of course the moderates within-in Islam don't believe in the sword verse, it's the radicals that do, but it's the radicals that make the loudest noise and even kill their own brothers because they are moderates and viewed as Islamic heretics. The moderates are faced with a no win situation. This is not heading towards a positive happy ending.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

If this ideology is properly applied by Christians it shows which religion is reflecting truth.

Compared to...
The Qur'an says: "Fight and slay the pagans [Christians] wherever ye find them and seize them, confine them, and lie in wait for them in every place of ambush" (Surah 9:5)

Oh, yeah? How about this one?

Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. - Exodus 22:18

Are we really going to try the "respect for other religions" card here? Really?
Read up on how often the people were told to condemn and punish outsiders who were not of the same faith or same culture.
edit on 23-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If they burn all the bibles and all the qu'rans, it will be two less things to fight about. It's gotten to the point in these stupid religious wars that you might as well fight about the ideology in a book by stephen king as opposed to a book by daniel steel.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Who cares? I was discussing this with a Pakistani guy the other day. He was saying he wanted peaceful revenge for that crappy film and I correctly informed that nobody would give a toss in the western world...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No one gives a rats ass.. they will just print more.. Just because we live in the USA does not even mean we believe whats in it. Maybe we do Maybe we do not.. but why in Gods name would be burn and distroy OUR OWN STUFF.. land, buildings, people over something like that. STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES>>>>

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

They fight among them selfs ,, distroying there own place.. GOOD .. give them more to get pissed about maybe they will off all them selves with out any help..

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

They did way back in the day in the many crusades. True Christians (and I don't mean those right wing zealots either) are far more tolerant and understanding than they get credit for in today's world. For me personally, religion is a farce but many good people in this world of many religions are very endearing and kind even when facing smite.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
A Christian Bible? That's like saying the Jewish Torah, or Muslim Qur'an.

There are bibles that are not Christian.

This thread itself brings ATS down past GLP on so many levels.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
As a devout Christian, I can honestly say that this is just a show of jab-for-jab nonsense, and most Christians will not (should not) be overtly offended on hearing about it.

It's well known that a significant percentage of Muslims hate Christians, and specifically hate Muslims who convert to Christianity even more. This is not 'news' in the same sense that some idiot American preacher burning a Koran is 'news'. The American preacher was a complete noob for burning the Koran - common decency and Christian ethic agrees, that we should not willfully seek to provoke large-scale outrage, which has the potential to cause human suffering in the obviously predictable backlash from those who are servile to the more evil dictates of a brutal warlord dressed up as a prophet.

A Muslim cleric burning the Bible? It's a lot better than the myriad cases of blinkered and senseless Muslims chopping the heads off former Muslims (for converting to Christianity), or literally evil, wicked Muslim clerics chucking acid in the face of a beautiful, devout moderate Muslim woman (for daring to run her own business in order to support her disabled husband), or the bestial behaviour of fundamentalist Muslim lynch-mobs literally crucifying Christians who dare to openly practice their faith in an Islam dominated area, where the rule of law has broken down (eg Egypt, after the ousting of President Mubarrak)....

So yeah - the cleric can do what he wants, to a book considered by billions to be - in some sense or other - God's word. Because? It's not the Christians he's ultimately accountable to. It would take a lot of daft Muslim clerics to stop the circulation of the most popular book of all time, or to prevent the life-renewing effect that the 'living water' of its words can have on a person whose life has been disappointing emptiness/ a broken wreck until they came to faith in Christ and His sacrifice, and His power to bless and heal in modern times, 2000 years after His death, resurrection and ascension.

You won't find Christians rioting in opposition to this Muslim cleric's actions in burning their Holy Book - even a militant atheist will admit, that's not how a proper Christian would ever behave.

FITO.

edit on 23-9-2012 by FlyInTheOintment because: fixing a slight misrepresentation..

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by DeepImpactX

I swear to God ( or Buddha, Yahweh, Daffy Duck, Mohammed or that can of chicken soup over there) that the Georgia Guide Stones are looking better and better every year.

Dont they teach BILLIONS have to die, cool call.

According to the bible, EVERYONE HAS TO DIE!
I can live with the gamble I may not be in the billions.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by andy06shake
"Dont they teach BILLIONS have to die, cool call."

The guide stones do teach this, but so does the Bible and Koran, book of revalations etc.

True but the Bible doesnt teach it is by the hands of humanity, the guidestones teach that humanity? is to cull the masses.
Thats a little different

Nope, the bible says your loving god is going to kill BILLIONS.
That is better?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

You know...

I want to thank you for your response. With all that is being said back and forth your reply sings true to me.

Thank you.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join