It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Cleric Shows Respect for Religion by Burning Christian Bible

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeepImpactX

I swear to God ( or Buddha, Yahweh, Daffy Duck, Mohammed or that can of chicken soup over there) that the Georgia Guide Stones are looking better and better every year.

Dont they teach BILLIONS have to die, cool call.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by DeepImpactX

I swear to God ( or Buddha, Yahweh, Daffy Duck, Mohammed or that can of chicken soup over there) that the Georgia Guide Stones are looking better and better every year.

Dont they teach BILLIONS have to die, cool call.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
What a pathetic attempt at showing the world that these muslims that went on a rampage over a lousy movie aren't alone in their idiocy - it failed - they are alone in their idiocy.

No religion / sect / group of people in the world, is going to coordinate violent mob rage events over an incitement, not to mention a picture or a movie.

That muslim cleric tried to prove a point, failed miserably and instead of showing that all religions would go on a rampage for this kind of thing, he only proved that only muslims still act like cavemen. Oh yeah, sorry.. "not all muslims".

edit on 23-9-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

Would it be OK to invade these people with Western Ideas of free speech and tell them their belief system is all wrong and their God is an a-hole? Should we hate them because they're near naked and seemingly barbaric to us? Or should we just leave the people alone and let them think what they want?

[image removed, partial female nudity]

If we went in and dismantled these peoples religion (whatever it is) "for their own good" do you think some of the men folk are going to get pissed off and maybe come at you with a blowgun? Would they have a right?

We should not go swatting at hornets nests with sticks
and be surprised when hornets fly out and attack.

edit on 23-9-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Sep 23 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepImpactX

The problem with painting with broad brushes is that the details are always lost.

I am not an outwardly religious person. In fact I rarely discuss my beliefs with anyone - as they are personal. In my post I was speaking to the fact that western civilization is supposed to be based upon certain beliefs and ways of thinking - born of a Christian ( golden rule ) ethos.

You'll find no argument from me over the fact that the west rarely lives up to that standard. I choose to do so personally - as best I can... and I also expect that, eventually, our society will find an equilibrium where money is no longer a sole motivator and we'll all be better off for it.

If that's "retarded".. then I guess I am guilty.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
"Dont they teach BILLIONS have to die, cool call."

The guide stones do teach this, but so does the Bible and Koran, book of revalations etc.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This just clarifies the insanity of religion. They all claim their religion is loving and accepting, yet their the first to criticize people who don't conform to their beliefs or they justify killing in the name of their prophet or God. It always smelled like hypocrisy to me.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by neo96

I dunno....

Maybe Christians globally should go Ape*Snip and start attacking and rampaging mosques and embassies or worse....

meh....

I think people of real faith understand you can't put an infinite God in a box or ummm, book rather.

My 2 pennies.
edit on 22-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

No you can't but that book is about our King, our God is our King and seeing his story being desecrated hurts almost like a physical pain. I don't feel rage i feel sorrow. Those people will never get any closer to him than what is in that book, they claim to believe in him but they don't or they wouldn't disobey his commandments which they can't even tell you they are. It's no worse than the sorrow i feel when that jewish congressman tore the new testament out of a bible away from the hebrew bible it's companioned with, and i felt sorrow on that day too. Sorrow because He is right there in their hands and me even being a man it brings tears to my eyes to see. They truly do not know what they are doing or they wouldn't do it.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I think it's all to funny.....People are so quick to be contolled by what they read or see....even further more all these goddamn nut jobs of whom keep trying to manipulate people with religon's to see their simple minded veiw points is just becoming to much for me to stomach.All the lemmings who follow this mind frame are not much different.My hope is that commen scennse and better morals come back into play.....or we are all f@#$ed!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Christians would probably just FORGIVE this asshole cleric.

Forgiveness is something that is missing from Islam, so it seems.

Yeah i can forgive. As i stated in my above post they don't know what theyre doing or they wouldn't be doing it. This is an act of ignorance, same as that fool who dubbed over that "innocense of muslims" movie. How many innocent people will get killed for that movie in the long run? Their blood will be on his hands. People do not understand actions have consequences, like throwing a huge rock into a pond the ripples spread out across time and space. People who are trying to create a new holy war do not understand. How many people would die?!?! Humanity is screwed because we will never stop warring, if you took religions away it still wouldn't stop.

NO MORE WAR!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

BEHEAD ALL WHO INSULT INTELLIGENCE WITH RELIGIOUS GARBLE!!

...no. Really!
edit on 23-9-2012 by Sablicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
"Dont they teach BILLIONS have to die, cool call."

The guide stones do teach this, but so does the Bible and Koran, book of revalations etc.

True but the Bible doesnt teach it is by the hands of humanity, the guidestones teach that humanity? is to cull the masses.
Thats a little different

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
This just clarifies the insanity of religion. They all claim their religion is loving and accepting, yet their the first to criticize people who don't conform to their beliefs or they justify killing in the name of their prophet or God. It always smelled like hypocrisy to me.

The insanity of atheism is they just do it for fun??
If you can say religion I can say atheists, youse must all be the same?

It always smelled like hypocrisy to me

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Muslims have shown they are the lesser people by getting so mad over depictions pertaining to a fictional story book.

Christians are more passive over attacks of their fictional story book, at least.

What's worse though as people in this thread seem to have done is take gods from the confines of the pages they were created on.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I am sure there are three things muslims do really well;

1. burning churches and synagogues
2. showing respect for religion
3. blowing up buildings through suicide missions [extremists only]

Btw, I have a few muslim friends and we are a tight knit group. Great people.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234
Muslims have shown they are the lesser people by getting so mad over depictions pertaining to a fictional story book.

Christians are more passive over attacks of their fictional story book, at least.

What's worse though as people in this thread seem to have done is take gods from the confines of the pages they were created on.

Christianity is a fake religion. Only Christianity is the religion of choice that will forgive all of your sins, no punishment. Just go do something bad in the world, say you are sorry, and your sins are forgiven. What a load of crap. Although if you do follow this religion to a tea, I am sure it is a good religion just like others.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Christianity is a fake religion. Only Christianity is the religion of choice that will forgive all of your sins, no punishment. Just go do something bad in the world, say you are sorry, and your sins are forgiven. What a load of crap. Although if you do follow this religion to a tea, I am sure it is a good religion just like others.

Isnt that exactly what the religion of atheism teaches
Do what you like and you wont have to answer for it to anyone.

Nice thinking fella, another load of crap from another crackpot faith. Atheism. We all believe there is no god/s

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Reply to borntowatch

Isnt that exactly what the religion of atheism teaches

I don't follow religion, so I don't know what atheism teaches.

Do what you like and you wont have to answer for it to anyone.

This is true, but i am sure you have to answer to yourself and to your higher conscience though at the end of the day.

Nice thinking fella, another load of crap from another crackpot faith. Atheism.

What is the load of crap you are referring to? I see no logic in your opinion about religion.

We all believe there is no god/s

Who is we? You should only speak for yourself as that is your OWN opinion.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Originally posted by Jepic
Oh. Is he expecting us to go riot now is he...

yes why not !

edit on 23-9-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

According to Mary Abdelmassih in a story carried by the Assyrian International News Agency (www.aina.org), the cleric, before leaving the demonstration and getting into his car, told the crowds “next time I will urinate on it.”

continentalnews.net...

vladtepesblog.com...

Good enough to comment now?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
yeah ,lets go riot for a muslim burning a bible 0-0. yeah o0

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join