It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran official: German firm planted bombs in parts meant for nuclear program

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Iran official: German firm planted bombs in parts meant for nuclear program

www.haaretz.com

Prominent lawmaker Alaeddin Boroujerdi said Iranian security experts discovered the explosives and removed them before detonation, adding that authorities believe the booby-trapped equipment was sold to derail uranium enrichment efforts.

"The equipment was supposed to explode after being put to work, in order to dismantle all our systems," he said. "But the wisdom of our experts thwarted the enemy conspiracy."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Wow!

Even more clever than Stuxnet, if you ask me. I bet this IS true and were paid off by Mossad, but we may never know for sure.

Also, I thought Germany voted with the UN resolutions sanctions, to prevent them from doing business with the Iranians. Even the video game company Blizzard had to shut down World Of Warcraft access for these users so surely NUCLEAR HARDWARE is illegal?

It says it was by a "third party", but they must have had a scheme all planned to be the "middle man" to make sure the malicious parts were obtained by Iranian scientists.

Either way. Wild. Who knows, maybe this happened in the past and worked?.. I'm sure only the news they want about these Nuclear Plants are what's released.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I'd be more inclined to believe Seimens.

Siemens denied the charge and said its nuclear division has had no business with Iran since the 1979 revolution that led to its current clerical state.

That's likely factual. It would make more sense that this is fabricated propaganda for internal consumption by the Iranian citizens. There is likely a propaganda storm surrounding the goings on at the UN.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Parts and equipment has been sold to countries all over, knowing full well that they were going to end up in Iran. Just recently Iran Air bought 3 747-300s. Because of the sanctions, they couldn't buy them outright, so they were sold to Kyrgyzstan. Kyrgyzstan turned around and sold them to Iran, since they don't abide by the sanctions. I've also heard of small countries in Africa buying equipment, then selling it to Iran. It's a common way to make money, and look the other way at the same time, because the country selling it can then say, "Well, we sold it to them in good faith, I didn't know they were going to sell it to Iran."

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Really is amazing the lack of critical thinking skills of people who never question anything Iranian leaders say.

The west is stealing their rain now Germans planted bombs, and the list goes on really the lengths that people go to defend Iran is stupifying,

Yet another thread playing the Iranian victim card.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Great thread and I found this tidbit interesting in the link you provided......

TextThe U.S. and its allies suspect Iran's nuclear work is aimed at producing weapons. Iran says it only wants to enrich uranium for peaceful purposes, and asserts it has been the target of a concerted campaign by Israel, the U.S. and their allies to undermine its nuclear efforts through covert operations.

I really like the "Suspect" and "Allies" parts

Makes me think of "They have Yellow Cake" and "They have Biological Weapons Of Mass Destruction"

You would think the public would be a bit wiser now eh?

Back to the topic at hand, if this proves true then we are all in danger if someone does not approve of what you are doing regardless if it is legal.

S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I think now's a good time to say, in the old good tradition:

Pics or it didn't happened!

We will never know the truth. Too much propaganda and manipulation on both sides.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Makes me think of "They have Yellow Cake" and "They have Biological Weapons Of Mass Destruction"

You would think the public would be a bit wiser now eh?

Never TRUST Betty Crocker.

Yellow Cake indeed............

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This doesn't seem too far fetched to me since the whole premise of direct military action would seem to be the destruction of these same facilities by Air-strike instead of internal sabotage. Stuxnet is sure real enough and all but claimed by our side and Israel by now. (claiming credit is what terrorists do....that was stupid on the face of it).

It's driving me nuts and I just want to scream some days. S t O p ! ! ! ! !

These aren't aircraft factories, oil fields or I.E.D. maker's apartments. These are functional and operational nuclear energy facilities that are, by definition, handling and purifying material at truly terrifying levels if released into the atmosphere.

It ought to be agreed internationally and perhaps after this war it will be....maybe this is what it'll take...but that absolutely NO operational nuclear facility of any kind, outside finished weapons/warhead storage be directly attacked. The non-nuclear equivalent would be terrorists deliberately blowing open Bio-Level IV labs inside the United States. We'd cry over the evil of it..and we'd be right! What's the difference to deliberately blowing apart equipment carrying enriched Plutonium or MOX, eventually? Or the Iranian reactor on the shores of the Persian Gulf?

(shakes head) I just don't get it some days.... Some things should be beyond warfare by mutual human agreement of decency. Fight Iran over the existence of them.....over what is being done with or inside them...but don't attack the facilities themselves! Doh!! What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I know this could be the alcohol talking but, I would rather see the attempts continue to possibly delay Irans nuclear program to prevent a full scale conflict with far more casualties, on both sides!

I think we may be at a point where no one wants war, except Israel perhaps, so to bandage the situation and prevent a full scale assault the reliance on these secretive bomb attempts makes sense.

On the other hand, as I finish my beer, are acts like this defined a terrorism?
edit on 22-9-2012 by BaneOfQuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Really is amazing the lack of critical thinking skills of people who never question anything Iranian leaders say.

The west is stealing their rain now Germans planted bombs, and the list goes on really the lengths that people go to defend Iran is stupifying,

And you nicely forgot the very real and very Western created "syntax virus" how convenient for you.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You made a lot of sense with that last remark.

So the problem ultimately remains Iran's nuclear program, and why a Shi'ite Islamist regime which funds Hezbollah and Hamas, believes in end time predictions Here, claims the earth belongs to Islam, and just yesterday, a top Iranian general suggested that a "big war" means Mahdis coming. You can read this too...why should they be trusted and accorded rights only liberal democratic countries receive (for obvious reasons)? If they get none, it's because they disagree with our way of living, and thus are most assuredly opposed to what they themselves call the "Great Satan and little Satan" referring to America and Israel.

Iran is a major problem to Israel's existence. We either ignore this and doom Israel to almost certain destruction, and thus tacitly support a policy that enables genocide, or Israel responds by attacking their nuclear program, and thus creating the scenario you described.

If these are the two worse possible positions, whats left? The US and Israel go to war with Iran?

The question, which scenario would prove worse long term? Israel can go straight for their nuclear facilities and blow them to smithereens. They're underground, I believe, so most of the fallout will be somewhat contained.

On the other hand, a full blown war with Iran would be horrendous. Since Iran already threatens a full out war if Israel attacks their nuclear facilities, Israel has no choice but to do it: they must remove the immediate threat, which is their nuclear facility, and then deal with consequences of that position afterwards/

The aggressor, the party responsible for creating the hapless situation which currently exists i.e. Iran, is entirely responsible, hence the world has so far acted morally by "ganging up on Iran" against their nuclear program. Belligerent Islamic fanatics who fail every category in the World Freedom Indices, who ignore human rights, womens right, gay rights, etc don't have the same rights as liberal democracies.
edit on 22-9-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
How much longer CAN Bibbi hold off?Hes been threateneing to strike for so long hes gonna have to order the planes into the air, or lose all credibility if he has any left........
The "intelligence" (oxymoron) estimate is up and down like a window blind from month to month...they are three months away , no, they are a year away, no they are nearly there....no they etc etc...
Its all gone on so long the obvious reasons have been penetrated long ago, and we mostly know whats driving the war mongers by now....And we all understand there IS a way to stop this war too......
Its called cancelling the goverments mandate to declare a war or anything else for that matter.......................

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I think you found a connection. Stealing the rain was obviously part of the plot. Since they realized we were stealing their rain they looked into any bombs that would need really dry environments, which led to them finding these bombs labelled "Do Not Use In The Rain".

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

lol good on ya that's how it hit me too a lot lately. every time I think of nuclear weapons

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I'm really just getting sick about it as it appears more and more that it's going to happen and little anyone does will alter the course of events. Please understand, we agree..... I'm not challenging the general ideas here. It's the details and gravity of it all that I think the media happily encourages ignorance on and political leadership just pretends doesn't exist.

The question, which scenario would prove worse long term? Israel can go straight for their nuclear facilities and blow them to smithereens. They're underground, I believe, so most of the fallout will be somewhat contained.

I didn't understand how bad this was myself until tonight. I mean, anyone can look at past threads I've done about distance and geography (A couple) but I didn't zoom IN to the locations to really look. I'm as bad as the bomber crews who just see gradients of color from high altitude.......and looking didn't make me feel better. These are real people down there...real people with with lives and real hopes and dreams of their own. They die only if the West decides preemptive war must happen. (sigh)

Iran has 6 nuclear Reactors in 3 vastly separate areas. It seems logical to me that all would need to be hit or whats the point, right? No one thinks they get a second bite at this apple do they? It's all or nothing. I think we can agree on that, if war it's to be. Well.... Lets see what war IS to be... and I really do feel sick now... God... so many people...

* Tehran Nuclear Research Facility (Exposed) 11.5 Million people in close proximity. It's a northern suburb of Tehran. They have 1 known reactor in the 5 megawatt range using Highly Enriched Uranium fuel. Stats show it's been running since 1993.

* Esfahan / Isfahan, Iran. (Partially Buried/Exposed) 4 Research reactors. Chinese supported facilities. 2.4 Million people in close proximity. It's on the West edge of Isfahan City.

* Fordow Nuclear Facility - Qom, Iran. (Buried / Fortified) Unknown facility, purpose and nature. Estimate to start hundreds of feet under solid mountain. 1.2 Million people in close proximity. This is 17.9 miles north of downtown Qom city. Qom is kinda like Jerusalem to the Shia.

* Bushehr Nuclear Power Station - Bushehr Iran. (Exposed - Containment Dome Construction)) 1 operational reactor - Russian Facilities - 161,000 estimated people in close proximity. Bushehr City is 6.5 miles away and this sits on the literal water of the Persian Gulf. I will say the core of the Bushehr is roughly 550 yards from open, unprotected water. Thats in comparison to 200 yards or so from Reactor Unit 2 in Fukushima to open Pacific water outside the breakwater. At least we'll have that going for us.

Like I said...I just feel sick after zooming in and seeing the dense city around nuclear research facilities. These are also up to 475 miles apart from each other....adding to another side of the logistical nightmare.

I don't know what the answer IS though...except that I don't think they are even making nuclear weapons and if I'm wrong, the US and Israel...Saudi and UAE..and the others, better be 150% sure this time. 110% RIGHT.

Another oops will make the U.S. the next Regime Change the world demands, I honestly believe.
Same with Israel......)

The world reaction is hard to say if the nuke facilities prove after the fact to be real and what they claimed...if not? Ummm.... They have a space program in Israel. Build shuttles...real real quick...those MAY get them far enough if they prove to be all wrong about the reasons and fears. I doubt that's far enough though. Justice would still catch them.

edit on 23-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.- Addition on Bushehr

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I don´t think SIEMENS did it, I think the equipment has been manipulated on it´s way or it´s a lie. Some people here only see black and white. Just because US/Israel government is disturbing Iran with stuxnet, flame and whatsoever and the (positive) fact for Iran that they never had war before in their entire history exists, does not mean one should believe in only one side.

What an informative post, I just had to compliment

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Ofcourse. As everything that is the West, will be deemed = Evil, while everything that is not the West, is deemed= Innocent victim.
The funny thing is, that those that happily swallows this type of reasoning, are just blindly following the lead with eyeblinders without even knowing it.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Something tells me...

If the US... or anybody, really.... decides to go a wipe out Iran's nuclear programs. They will NOT just send in some missiles or use explosives. I'd like to think that they're smarter than that. Say what you will about the US military, but they are fairly strategic and weigh all the risks when planning such an attack. With populations as high as you claim, in the surrounding areas... I can only imagine that it would begin with SEAL's or special ops along with a team of scientists to follow.

I just thought of an interesting set of circumstances in which Iran would be forced to allow for outside countries to come in and take over control of the reactors and find themselves in the middle of their nuclear research programs.
1. Cripple their nuclear programs via force, by a group of individuals with out ties to any governments. Any small militant group would do... could call them terrorists from Turkey.

2. Damage their programs enough, to where the circumstances reflect those of Fukushima.... making meltdown a real possibility.

3. This would have to be carried out at multiple sites, possibly even... all of them.

4. The necessity for a timely response is obvious, the risk will be millions of people suffering from Radiation poisoning, the Iranians will be over worked, and the rest of the world will have leverage as the possibility of a complete meltdown of these sites would result in Radiation crossing boarders and threatening their citizens.

5. Forcing Iran to allow international teams of scientists, to come in and help... it could become a world effort in collaborating on how to take care of the situation. At the same time this then would allow for those who come in to help, to then investigate.

6. At the end of the day you will have the following.
- Multiple individuals(non-Iranian) inside Iran working closely with their nuclear programs.
- These individuals would remain for an extended period of time, as to ensuring the safety and success of these nuclear programs.
- Uniting countries in efforts to solve a problem that threatens millions, if not... a billion people in the region.
And so on...

Obviously it wouldn't be so cut and dry... but I somehow see this tactic working. It's either, accept the help and save 'the world'... which creates a means of unity. Or deny the world, be forcefully removed for not allowing others to come in as the issue threatens the rest of the region.

I think I'm going to write a book now... lol. Or maybe a script to a movie...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Iranian official?

Sounds like a credible source...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join