It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston officer kills double amputee in wheelchair

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

REMINDER!!!!

Discuss the topic....and NOT each other...Quite the Bickering NOW!!!

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

You are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

REMINDER!!!!

Discuss the topic....and NOT each other...Quite the Bickering NOW!!!

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

You are responsible for your own posts.

Thank you.......but I have had it with the immaturity being displayed here by other members. I have seen it all now............unbelievable.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I applaud you for handling this the way you did.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It's interesting to note what the spokesperson didn't say.

She didn't say whether the officer or his partner had already drawn their guns.
She didn't say whether the guy in the wheelchair was warned he would be killed.
She didn't say where the partner was standing that the shooter was trying to defend.
She didn't say whether the cop that shot him had a fear of ink poisoning.
She didn't say why tasing wasn't an option.
She didn't say anything that made the cop look bad.

What she did say, leads an astute observer to believe she definitely had an agenda. Obviously, if you have time to tell metal from another form of elemental construction you should be able to discern "weapon" or not.

Is it just me, or are more and more of these guys reported as being involved in previous shootings while on duty?
Maybe we should be looking at the shrinks who put them back in active service, and see what their qualifications and motives are.

Disgusting...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I just saw this story and was going to post it when my search lead to this thread.

This is absolutely insane, disgusting, infuriating, and I can not believe that 2 Police Officers could not find a better way to deal with a one arm, one legged man wielding a pen! Are you kidding me!??!?!?!?

Now I do realize that a pen can be used as a weapon. I was once stabbed in the forearm with a pencil, so I understand. That being said, when I was stabbed with a pencil, I didn't "fear for my life". Truth be told, I got an arm up, got stabbed in the arm, and proceeded to beat the crap out of the idiot who thought he could scare me and assault me with a pencil. I was stabbed by a fully able bodied person, so I would be less afraid of a guy in wheelchair with one arm and one leg. His physical condition tends to limit is attack just a tad. Plus the injury I sustained from being stabbed with a pencil, was absolutely minor. I was left with a small hole- I didnt even require stitches!!! We simply pulled out the half a pencil (it broke in half when I was stabbed), we cleaned it, I got a shot, stuck a bandaid on it and went about my day.

How do you get "cornered" by a guy in wheelchair? Seriously, you couldn't just tip his arse over? This is pathetic. Why do we even bother spending tax dollars training Police when clearly they do not pay any attention to their training!!??

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This person (cop...I wont dignify him by calling him a police officer) is not only UNqualified to officially carry a gun and get paid for it but he is also a danger to society (as proven). A double amputee in a wheelchair with a pen? Even if he was brandishing a knife he could not have injured anyone unless they were standing right next to him and then you have the opportunity to move faster than he can. Even if he drew his weapon (and taser should have been first but I am afraid that robotic training took over combined with fear, yes, fear of a guy in a wheelchair) then he still had the obligation to determine the reality of the threat - not just that he was brandishing something in his hand. First they lower the standard for killing pets that are not killers and then that standard has slowly evolved into the rules of engagement for interactions with the public. What's next? Killing a kid for brandishing a spongebob toy?
edit on 23-9-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This Cop needs to go to jail. If I was "attacked" by a man in a wheelchair with only one arm and one leg, and pulled out my Beretta .40 cal and shot and killed that man, I would be arrested and put in jail immediatly and it would be a long time before I saw the light of day. This is true for any of you as well, unless of course you are a police officer, because they all have the courts on their side and they get to investigate themselves. Police officers are not above the law, quite the contrary. They should be held to a higher standard because they are public servants and are given a certain level of trust by the citizens in which they are supposed to be serving.
This is a classic case of a "bad shooting" and this cop should be held responsible. We as citizens cannot continue to alllow these kinds of abuses of authority. There is a hell of a lot more of us than there is of them, we need to all get together within our communities and take action, peacful action at first, and if that doesn't work, there is only plan B.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
This person (cop...I wont dignify him by calling him a police officer) is not only UNqualified to officially carry a gun and get paid for it but he is also a danger to society (as proven). A double amputee in a wheelchair with a pen? Even if he was brandishing a knife he could not have injured anyone unless they were standing right next to him and then you have the opportunity to move faster than he can. Even if he drew his weapon (and taser should have been first but I am afraid that robotic training took over combined with fear, yes, fear of a guy in a wheelchair) then he still had the obligation to determine the reality of the threat - not just that he was brandishing something in his hand. First they lower the standard for killing pets that are not killers and then that standard has slowly evolved into the rules of engagement for interactions with the public. What's next? Killing a kid for brandishing a spongebob toy?

I was suprised you dignified him by calling him a "person".

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Don't know whether to laugh or cry at how psychotic our society has become.

From the OP:

Police spokeswoman Jodi Silva said the man cornered the officer in his wheelchair and was making threats while trying to stab the officer with the pen. At the time, the officer did not know what the metal object was that the man was waving, Silva said.

How does a double-amputee, with ONE ARM, "corner" a cop in his wheelchair? How does a guy with one arm roll his wheelchair AND wave a pen around "menacingly"? Okay first I'm curious how this one-armed guy didn't just roll around in circles in his wheelchair, but aside from that, how does a cop even get himself cornered by such a handicapped person that he has to SHOOT HIS WAY OUT?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Okay first I'm curious how this one-armed guy didn't just roll around in circles in his wheelchair,

I know I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help it. This thought never even occurred to me for a second, but you do have a very valid point

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
Well next time you are confronted by the police you will know not to go for that pen in your pocket to write the officers badge number down

There may be a little sarcasm there, but you are right, if an officer tells you to freeze/stop/whatever, you do so and don't reach for anything.

I don't think there is enough info here for you all to be ranting on the cop.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
For insight on this phenomenon of animal(istic) brutality on the part of the authorities read up on Hitler and the Nazi's regarding the events that led up to the war. Then you'll have a pretty good idea of situation you are in while all the while keeping in mind that Hitler was similar to Obama. Or is it the other way around.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Okay first I'm curious how this one-armed guy didn't just roll around in circles in his wheelchair,

I know I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help it. This thought never even occurred to me for a second, but you do have a very valid point

You shouldn't laugh!
This poor guy, obviously bought something, that cost an arm and a leg. And now, thanks to a trigger-happy cop, he can't even enjoy his purchase, because a pen, cost him his life. This economy truly sucks, and it's no laughing matter...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This amputee could have been posting online, say on ATS even, for all we know, and they just walked into the care facility and killed him.

Remember the court case and Obama, and being able to imprison or murder Americans without due process.

This is it in action.
edit on 25-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It was not even a butter knife let alone an air pistol where they might try to rationalize using deadly force (choke) because they do not have empathy for human life nor training for disarming citizens who are not brandishing a firearm. Even if it was a steak knife....the guy is a double amputee in a wheelchair. It is sad day for justice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join