It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston officer kills double amputee in wheelchair

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Read this! This shooting happened in the next town where I live pop.12000 mostly farm land. A swat team from combined of three towns,Easton ,Monroe and Trumbull where I live.
I personally know the two cops from Trumbull, good guys. they were outside when this went down
OH yes the 3 towns are being sued big time!
www.ctpost.com...

www.newstimes.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Another in a long line of COMPLETELY INSANE stories of COMPLETELY INSANE COPS GONE WILD!. Which reminds me: I started a Board Business thread asking for the creation of a forum "Cops Gone Wild". I thought more people would have been on board with it.

But I digress.

Well... what more can I say really. Another cop gone wild. A sad, sad world this is becoming. Or a mad, mad world. Or both..

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Read this! This shooting happened in the next town where I live pop.12000 mostly farm land. A swat team from combined of three towns,Easton ,Monroe and Trumbull where I live.
I personally know the two cops from Trumbull, good guys. they were outside when this went down
OH yes the 3 towns are being sued big time!
www.ctpost.com...

www.newstimes.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I don't care how foolish it sounds, just like the prosecutors get kickbacks for getting convictions, I suspect cops are getting some kind of kickback for every "special needs" person they eliminate from the collecting a government check.

Come on one of you coppers come clean spit it out ...does your dept. get a bonus like a new tank if you get the most kills in your region... what's the deal?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Your second link is disturbing.

Ronald A. Terebesi, 42, lived in the home. He was arrested on a warrant April 12 on three counts of possession of drug paraphernalia

Drug paraphernaila. ?? So dangerous. OMG, lock him up and throw away the key.

But this was the worst part:

Terebesi was not friendly with him or any of his neighbors, O'Brien said. "We have a tight-knit homeowners association," he said, to which Terebesi did not belong.

"He definitely kept different hours than the rest of us," he said, adding that there were often late-night goings-on at the home.

The neighborhood association had scheduled a meeting for Sunday afternoon, O'Brien said. They had requested a police officer attend to address the problems at Terebesi's home

So be sure to join your homeowners association and don't "keep different hours" than everyone else or you'll get the cops called on you for "problems" at your home. How disturbing.

I don't like going out and mingling with people because mostly, they're stupid and judgmental. Now, I might have to for fear somone will think I'm too strange and call the cops on me. Utter disgust.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Waiting for the fist dumb ass to come in and try and defend this... "I could not tell it was a pen in his hand" Yeah right f'n liar because pens are so hard to distinguish from knives or guns and two of them were there... Sigh!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Waiting for the fist dumb ass to come in and try and defend this... "I could not tell it was a pen in his hand" Yeah right f'n liar because pens are so hard to distinguish from knives or guns and two of them were there... Sigh!

I am with you brother!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Usually there is show shadow of doubt to dream up as to whether or not the cop might have been justified in using lethal force.
Can't find one here!

Not the first person this cop has shot in the line of duty either, and just a five year veteran!
Trigger happy anyone?

Just seems to defy logic, shot and killed a one armed, one legged man in a wheelchair.
Almost sounds like the punch line to a very distasteful joke. Dam!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I know cops have a hard job sometimes but killing people in wheelchairs who have only one arm thats just sickening..
Something needs to be done with our civilian police departments i have to wonder if the police need some sort of training with these kind of situations its getting out of hand and the sad part is this police officer will literally get way with murder..peace,sugarcookie1 S&F

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Judging by the responses from the department spokeswoman, Silva, she's already attempting to defend this piece of s***.

Cops, and the culture surrounding them is sickening. How can anyone try to defend this, let alone the department spokeswoman? I'll tell you, because it's acceptable to those within law enforcement. They automatically assume their brothers in blue could have done no wrong, no matter how ridiculous the situation.

I had a pen pointed at me by a classmate when I was a kid. Little did I know it was a life threatening situation. If I go by the logic cops use, I should have dropped her there and then. Just crushed her, as you know, a threat is a threat, right?

I think I'll bring my .45 to work on Monday, in case any of the pen wielding maniacs I work with try to corner me in a cubicle and put my life in danger. I look up to cops, and was always told I should respect them, and I find myself lucky enough to learn from them in how to carry myself as an upright individual in my daily life, so if a bullet hole is how they recommend to deal with any maniac ballsy enough to waive a pen at me, I'm leaving my house Monday morning prepared, and will not let myself get caught off guard as apparently there's danger around every corner, in every office building, in every business local where there's a pen and people.
edit on 22-9-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

The officer must've remembered that the pen is mightier than the sword, and gotten scurrd.

Will he just get away with it like they always do?

Sad state of affairs.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I just went back and re-read the article to really understand what happened here....and it gets worse trying to picture this.

According to the article, we're to believe the Wheelchair bound man had cornered this big healthy Police Officer and was menacing him in a way that.....according to the cop....made him fear for his safety and that of his partner.

Hello? Partner? Umm... Okay. There is no nice way to say it...but the guy only had one arm. What made him a threat to the partner and how many people can one arm menace at once?

Could the partner have perhaps...pulled the wheelchair back?? Or was he staying out of the line of fire.....? That's a big one to make me go Hmm....where was this partner when the shot got fired?

....and again... one armed man in a chair on wheels. Not to be rude, but I imagine playing video games with bi-planes. The gun doesn't change aim, the plane does. ...and so wouldn't it be in this rather unique special needs situation? turn the chair and the whole ability to even call it a threat changes, doesn't it?

I think at least one cop..and maybe a partner...ought to be looking at a Grand Jury and let them decide if more formal charges ought to come. This stinks bad.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The story is just one more to add to the pile of police abuses that have been pouring out recently. It is absolutely disgusting how crazy the cops are getting.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Theres an old saying that fits the discription of our police
"They are a law onto themselves"..

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
Why didn't the cop just push the guy back with his foot?

seems like a wheelchair will roll fairly easily...

I guess it is easier to just shoot someone..eh?

Pushing someone with your foot is a physical assault, but using your side arm is self defense. You wouldn't want that officer to engage in any police brutality would you? That was sarcasm in case there is anyone who can't see that.
edit on 22-9-2012 by MichiganSwampBuck because: for clairity

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm on the same train of thought as you. There were two officers there. One was pinned in a corner by the guy in the wheelchair. The other apparently not.

I would think he could have done several things to deal with the threat. Pull the chair back, restrain the man's one arm or just tip the chair over backwards.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
these cops should suffer a painful death. people like this just cant be trusted alive at all

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I always try to give LEO a fair shake, but hard to see this as anything other than the officer screwed up big time.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

thanks Nighthawk.... more bad news about bad cops...

one of your links had this quote,,,

The person was fatally shot by a local police officer after
the man "charged the entry team and physically encountered
two of the police officers," state police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance said.

no wonder the cop felt threatened...

being charged by a wheelchair

one of my worst nightmares...

.(end sarcasm now...)

seeya

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
HERE IS THE REASON for all the animal like behavior on the part of the police in the USA.

American police now “Israeli-DHS trained,” precursor to dictatorship [and a martial law police state]

LINK

Ever so steadily every police department in the United States, under the authority of the Department of Homeland Security, is being trained by Israeli groups and groups inspired by the Zionist Israeli's such as the SPLC. The have literally taken over in the name of "The War on Terror."

This POLICE STATE "terror creep" on the part of Mossad operating within our borders in collaboration with DHS, TSA, CIA, FBI and on and on, is destroying our ability to effectively police our own country. The situation is CRITICAL. If you haven't noticed what's been happening over the past decade regarding the brutality of our nations police YOU ARE IN DENIAL just like the rest of the country.

This is only one of a large number of articles - below are a few paragraphs from an extensive article covering ALL of their nefarious activities. LINK

As part of this training, there is an increased move to use of military uniforms, armored vehicles, heavy weapons, illegal surveillance, lying to the people, press and courts and systematic interference in the electoral system.

They are becoming “Israeli.”

The door to this foreign influence in America was thrown open by the Department of Homeland Security and, in particular, Michael Chertoff, an Israeli citizen who was, in particular, most instrumental as former Director of DHS in implementing policies challenged as unconstitutional, policies the new “Israeli trained” American police are tasked with stopping opposition to.

“Israel - ization” of American police is a simple process:

- Total militarization of police, military tactics, utter disrespect for civil law, the constitution, civil liberties, freedom of speech and the unbridled growth of centralized power under unlimited corruption; government by money and organized crime.

- Systematic suppression of dissent

- Systematic use of intimidation to control the electoral process at every level of government

- Seamless coordination with military and “internationalist” groups to prepare for mass internment of sectors of the population, numbering in the millions

- Coordinated use of full military power including but not limited to bombing, strafing, heavy artillery and summary executions, the same methods Israel uses on a daily basis

- Even more control of the press, based on the Israeli model, with two “controlled” views, on pro-government and the second, “controlled opposition.”

Infiltration

It is absolutely necessary to differentiate between Israeli companies and those working tied to quasi-governmental organized crime in America. It is also necessary that citizenry, in particular Americans of Jewish background, recognize that a systematic campaign of controlled and revised history and, more seriously, orchestrated “incidents” are coordinated with groups misrepresenting themselves as defending the Jewish people.

These groups, several come to mind, are, in actuality, Israeli “psyops” groups that actually work on an active basis with terrorists. What are we saying?

edit on 23-9-2012 by de_Genova because: text

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join