It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precursors to a London Earthquake?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the right forum as it could be a prediction or just some weird things I noticed.

I think I have seen 5 signs as precursors of a possible earthquake in London;

1) I had taped a rerun of Murder She Wrote on my Sky hard drive from the 1am showing on 20 September 2012. We watched it in the next 6 hours and we noticed it had a corrupted bit. Not your normal 'rain stops view' but the film slowed right down and it became out of synch.
OK I know not something out of the ordinary but I have never noticed it go that weird.

2)Because of Adrenal problems my day has shifted forwards and my radio alarm is set for 10-12am everyday. On the 20 September I woke up early and was just listening when the FM station I was listening to, suddenly cut out for 6 words; (about 3 seconds) and I could faintly hear what sounded like a MW station. This occurred about 11.40am.

3) This is what really freaked me out and set my mind racing. I asked my eldest to run me a bath about 11.45pm on 20 September. I was busy doing something and it was at least 5-10 mins before I went to the bathroom. Usually the bathwater is still and calm when I turn up, after the bath has been run.

But this time it was acting really weird. The bathwater was going in a wave from end to end. The height of the wave was about 3cms up each end, from the peak to the trough of the wave.
I just stood there spellbound, jaw round my ankles. I called my eldest in to see it, but not understanding physics, she couldn't see the impossibilty of the waves.
It carried on for about 5mins not getting any bigger OR smaller!! I thought about getting a camera but my brain went like mush.
I have a light bulb on a hanging wire in the bathroom and I noticed it wasn't swinging.
It continued until I shouted STOP (as it was freaking my brain out) and it then became still, after a while.
Half an hour later I got out of the bath and as I dried myself I did a kind of experiment and saw what happened to the water. It had a more chaotic waveform and it went completely still after about 7mins. It didn't go from end to end and the waves diminished.

4) My dog is being a complete and utter pain. He is barking to go out all the time. He's ten years and has arthritis. He can't seem to rest, which is very unusual for him. The last time he did this, was for two weeks before a very tiny earthquake hit my sister's house, about 3 miles away (SE London). He seems to be very sensitive to earthquakes, so I do tend to look at this behaviour as a warning.

5) On 11 September my youngest and I saw a rainbow cloud right above our garden. It was not raining and it was only slightly cloudy, with a full afternoon sun. I wrote it down in my diary as I have never seen one before (without rain). It was really beautiful.

Yeah I know pics or it didn't happen. Well as I said in my last thread I don't need the stress, my life is pure hell at the moment, so forget that I am after attention. I am getting too much attention. And that is also why it has taken me 2 days to make a thread. I am having major building work done because we were home invaded 2 months ago.

I am only putting this out there, just in case something does happen, people need to get a warning. If I didn't put out a warning and people suffered, I would then suffer.
Even if nothing happens, I will at least know next time what these signs meant.

I know an Earthquake in London is pretty rare but it has happened before. Maybe a tiny EQ is what caused that poor woman in London to be fatally struck on the head with a falling piece of masonry.

What do you think about the bathwater and the wave that didn't seem to be affected by entropy?

I have studied Physics at O'level, it was a while ago but I am pretty sure we didn't study the 'before and after effects' of earthquakes.

Thanks for reading and lets pray there will be no earthquake in London, as I will be totally freaked out. And we the British have no idea what to do, if we did have an earthquake.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

People in Arizona saw a similar water effect in their swimming pools when there was an earthquake in Mexico, a year or two back. I did not see it, but it was in the news at the time. Maybe you noticed the effect of an earthquake that was occurring somewhere else? Water moving in pools - earthquake

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I fear you are looking to deep into this.

I live pretty close to london, and have not noticed anything weird or wonderful.
Chances of an earthquake in london anytime soon, is 0 to pretty slim.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi

I have studied Physics at O'level, it was a while ago but I am pretty sure we didn't study the 'before and after effects' of earthquakes.

Thanks for reading and lets pray there will be no earthquake in London, as I will be totally freaked out. And we the British have no idea what to do, if we did have an earthquake.

Well if many people begin to notice Light Sprites everywhere or along a line then i would be concerned.
when plates rub together they generate light sometimes depending on the strata a piezo electric phenom
when certain materials are pressed hard together or rubbed together.

otherwise the earth has been moving everywhere just the other day Worldwide almost all Seismographs were registering something at the same time so who knows. I hope not London would be rather crazy if that happened.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Thanks for your replies.

I have noticed there seems to be a slight uptick in people feeling dizzy and nauseous, and headaches. My family and people in other forums have experienced these in the last week.

Something's up, maybe not an earthquake in London but today there has been a surge in Neutrons and cosmic rays.

I will file this away for future reference, I have learnt something.

Do you think this is why the British gas have moved all the gas meter (with their turn off valves) to the outside of the houses. So they can turn them off in an earthquake situation??? I hope I am being paranoid, and not predicting.

Interesting times.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I was going to say you are more likely to drown in a massive flood than have an earthquake in London.

But decided to take a look...

After earthquakes in 1382 and 1580, London can expect a similar quake at some time in the coming decades that would cause considerable damage and loss of life...

...In April 1580, a magnitude 5.5 earthquake caused extensive damage in the south-east of England and north-east of France. In London, two people were killed. The epicentre of the quake was in the Dover Straits 86 miles from London, originating 10-20 miles underground...

London is overdue for a major earthquake, warns seismologist

So it's not totally out of the realm of possibility.

edit on 9/23/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Star for you. I have seen a TV program that has stated the same as you. So I knew that London has had EQs before.
BUT I have never experienced one, so I did not know the signs for myself-all theory and no practical.

Still hoping we do not have one, but I do believe UK is going to get floods this week. It was on the news tonight.

I actually had a dream on 21 September '12, that now I wish I had made a thread, as it told me UK was going to be flooded, then the Mississippi was going to flood and flow the wrong way. Too weird, so I didn't.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

you'd admit to watching "murder she wrote"?

Nooooooo....

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

My mom has lived in the Midlands for most of her life and was quite shocked when they had an EQ's in 2000 and 2001. I lived there for 25 years and never felt one.

But apparently they happen more often than you think, some of then actually quite big...

List of earthquakes in the British Isles

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I have no ideas about the possibility of earthquakes in London, but with reference to the rainbow you saw, I saw one in January this year(in Wiltshire). A bright blue sky with only a very few white fluffy clouds, bright sunshine and a beautiful rainbow. I took photos & sent them to the Met Office to ask about it, as I wanted to understand how a rainbow could form without it having rained. They only told me it must have rained somewhere - not very enlightening, as it had been sunny all morning !

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well it is now 17 days after I saw the rainbow cloud, so I reckon we are not going to have an EQ. Hurrah.

I will add this to my learning file.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

join