It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Quebec It's Official: Mass Movement Leads to Victory for Students

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

Going to be some interesting times up ahead.

you said it bro

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Quebecor's are just babies. For all of my life they have been crying and bitching about this and that--fighting for something unsustainable. They are a have-not province and take the most money from equalization payments out of some maligned "entitlement".

By the way: my tuition is 2-3 thousand more than yours. Stop #ing complaining.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Ya woo hoo. All it means is that the rest of Canada keeps forking over equalization payments. Which Quebec gets most of already. So it means the ones who pay in the rest of Canada still have to pay more for our kids to go to school and we have too pay so we can subsidize the students in Quebec. So cheer all you want. You are special. Excuse me I got to go to work. Someone has to pay for it.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Like someone else has said before me: 'spoiled students'.

the tuition will go up eventually..

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

they're free? haha, not even. and they think they can get free tuition..pfff..blow it out their ass..education is not a right

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Munku
Quebecor's are just babies. For all of my life they have been crying and bitching about this and that--fighting for something unsustainable. They are a have-not province and take the most money from equalization payments out of some maligned "entitlement".

By the way: my tuition is 2-3 thousand more than yours. Stop #ing complaining.

I don't care how much more than me you are paying, I will complain until it is free, because it is the best investment a society can make, socially and economically.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphaskunk
I don't care how much more than me you are paying, I will complain until it is free, because it is the best investment a society can make, socially and economically.

You get what you pay for.

Oh wait, if you are in Quebec, you get what I pay for.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaskunk

Guessing you don't work for a living do you? Just wait till you finish school and (if you're lucky, find a good paying job).....just take a look at your first pay check.

Ya, you will eventually get it.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by alphaskunk

Guessing you don't work for a living do you? Just wait till you finish school and (if you're lucky, find a good paying job).....just take a look at your first pay check.

Ya, you will eventually get it.

I have worked all my life, finished a bachelor at 22 and doing my masters now at 34.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I watched fees more than quadruple during my college years. I think this is FANTASTIC.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by magneticelectric
reply to post by Ben81

they're free? haha, not even. and they think they can get free tuition..pfff..blow it out their ass..education is not a right

Education pays for itself. It's a great investment for any country to make. Education leads to skilled labor positions which leads to higher paychecks. Higher paychecks mean individuals have a higher standard of living, have more disposable income to stimulate the economy, and pay more in taxes. Infact, the tax repayment is a big enough difference that it covers the expense of a persons education while providing all the other benefits. Free tuition is all upside for a nation.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
No, instead you punish the taxpaying citizens.

Yeah.. sometimes you have to pay taxes. Pay to have an educated society...? Is that so bad? College shouldn't cost anything, the very idea of charging the young 30 years worth of indentured servitude to afford an education should be repulsive.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
No, instead you punish the taxpaying citizens.

Yeah.. sometimes you have to pay taxes. Pay to have an educated society...? Is that so bad? College shouldn't cost anything, the very idea of charging the young 30 years worth of indentured servitude to afford an education should be repulsive.

quoted in entirety,
star
education is key to a brighter future,
ever increasing costs for education achieves the opposite

xploder

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well hey, go for it, can I get a refund on my student loans that I paid off?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by XPLodER

Who's going to pay for it then, the rest of Canada?

The money wasted on G8/20 would have more than covered the cost. What about the wasted cost of the long gun registry or the money wasted in the sponsorship scandal. How about the 15 billion dollar surplus the Conservatives blew threw before the economic collapse in 2009? How about the billions of dollars being kicked back to big oil and gas companies. It is just a matter of compassion and making the correct choices for our country.Even if we have to drag our MP's by the hair to get them to represent us and our values. There is so much money in Canada I am surprised the U.S. has not invaded us already.
edit on 25-9-2012 by brice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by brice

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by XPLodER

Who's going to pay for it then, the rest of Canada?

The money wasted on G8/20 would have more than covered the cost. What about the wasted cost of the long gun registry or the money wasted in the sponsorship scandal. How about the 15 billion dollar surplus the Conservatives blew threw before the economic collapse in 2009? How about the billions of dollars being kicked back to big oil and gas companies. It is just a matter of compassion and making the correct choices for our country.Even if we have to drag our MP's by the hair to get them to represent us and our values. There is so much money in Canada I am surprised the U.S. has not invaded us already.
edit on 25-9-2012 by brice because: (no reason given)

and the rest of you would have spent it on other equally unimportant crap.....wish everyone wasn't so free in spending my money, and assuming they represent all of Canada.

How about the billions spent on illegals, on welfare...on other meaningless social programs. Canada can not afford to be so compassionate any longer.....time for people to start looking after themselves.

------------------------------------------------

and let me guess, all of you "education should be free, compassionate" crowd will be voting for the NDP come the next election.....GOD HELP US.
edit on 25-9-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Anything is better than the dictatorship Canada now finds itself in now.
If you do a little research you will see Thomas Muclair is a centrist and comes from that point of view. He left the Jean Charest Liberals because he (jean) was too right leaning. I am afraid of the NDP also, but if there is no alternative before election time he's got my vote. Somebody has undo the evils that the conservative did.
brice

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join