Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Democratic Tax Dodgers

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

How embarrassing this must be for President Obama, whose major speech theme so far this campaign season has been that every single American, no matter how rich, should pay their "fair share" of taxes.

news.investors.com...

36 White House aids are not "paying their fair share" of taxes.

The tax offenders include employees of the U.S. Senate who help write the laws imposed on everyone else. They owe $2.1 million. Workers in the House of Representatives owe $8.5 million, Department of Education employees owe $4.3 million and over at Homeland Security, 4,697 workers owe about $37 million. Active duty military members owe more than $100 million

What is that? more people who are not "paying their fair share".

The Treasury Department, where Obama nominee Tim Geithner had to pay up $42,000 in his own back taxes before being confirmed as secretary, has 1,181 other employees with delinquent taxes totaling $9.3 million.

Read the article for the rest Warren buffet " the buffet rule" owes $1 billion

So for those making an issue about a certain someones tax returns how about holding your own people up to the same standards that you set for everyone else and never live up to?

That would be nice.

edit on 22-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes, and where are Harry Reid's tax returns? He was busting Romney's balls and now he doesn't want to explain how he managed to accumulate millions of dollars on a government salary.

I've learned that when liberals start accusing people of doing something you'd better look at them first. Their tactic is to accuse others of exactly what they're doing.

S&F

Should Sen. Democratic leader Harry Reid follow in the footsteps of GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney by releasing his 2011 tax return?

Dave Buell, chairman of the Washoe Country Republican party in Mr. Reid's political backyard of Nevada, certainly thinks so.

"Senator, make our day and release your 2011 tax return," he said in an email blast Friday evening.

Shortly after Mr. Romney released the additional tax information, Mr. Buell blasted out the email calling for Mr. Reid to come clean and release his tax records "so that all Nevadans can see that he is paying his fair share." He added, "In addition, Mr. Reid should explain to all of us how he became a millionaire on a bureaucrat's salary. Mitt Romney earned his money by investing in companies, people and creating jobs in the private sector while Harry Reid made his money by taking money from the private sector and redistributing it through government."
Washington Times

edit on 22-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Democrat Mantra: "Do as I say, not as I do." or, if all else fails, "You're a racist and it is all Bush's fault.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
More information that will get dimissed as usual.

The verdict? Turns out Republicans have the bigger names—Jack Abramoff, Randy “Duke” Cunningham—but Democrats have the most tax scandals by a margin of 18 to 7.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Never claimed the righties are saints, but the lies being perpetuated by the "pay your fair share" crowd is 9 kinds of BS.

Tax dodgers are suppose to be evil fine so be it but not only when their is an R by their name.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Good find.

This study empirically investigates the extent of non-compliance with the tax code and the determinants of federal income tax evasion in the US. Employing the most recent data we find that 18-19% of total reportable income is not properly reported to the IRS, giving rise to a "tax gap" approaching 500 billion dollars.

www.ssc.wisc.edu...

It''s a good bet that a lot of that 500 billion number is black market and illegal immigrants. Still, more conventional tax evasion is still a major problem when considering budgetary issues. The entire tax system is insane, if you ask me.

Starting to read through that study now, if I find anything interesting I'll add it here.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well good thing they have the DHS DOE and SSA there with all of their bullets and armored vehicles to protect them when our economy tanks and america goes into chaos.

Those poor public servants, think of all of the good they do for us, we have cameras that watch over us, police empowered to use over the top force on citizens, and on and on.

I think when it all comes crashing down, those hollow points cameras and armored vehicles won't matter much because all the rats will abandon ship and fend for themselves, leaving the once protected alone and helpless.

Former Government and insane taxes will be a distant memory.

One can dream.

edit on 23-9-2012 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I notice the lack of anything resembling a Democrat or liberal on this thread to attempt to derail, debunk, or apologize for the actions of these individuals. That's pretty telling.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Those guys owe taxes. What is there to say/ That they're wrong? Of course they are if that is the case.

I have to ask though, what does their personal tax issues have to do with ridding the country of suplly side economics?

This entire thread is an attempt to derail the issue. The issue being that tax gaps for top earners does not create jobs. It never has and never will. Whether or not Harry Reid owes taxes has no bearing on the argument. It gives Neo sweet dreams at night I'm sure, but it does nothing to address the debate.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

There is no attempt to derail any discussion. The point of the thread is 100% to take the plank out of your own eye before you go lambasting others. In other words what a bunch of hypocrites. How many threads and comments here on ATS going after Romney who did in fact follow the tax laws! Here we are talking about people accusing him who are in arrears. Kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

CHOICES....

either debate with civility.....and on topic...
OR have the posts removed, and possible receive a temprorary Posting ban.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

You are responsible for your own posts.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by spinalremain

There is no attempt to derail any discussion. The point of the thread is 100% to take the plank out of your own eye before you go lambasting others. In other words what a bunch of hypocrites. How many threads and comments here on ATS going after Romney who did in fact follow the tax laws! Here we are talking about people accusing him who are in arrears. Kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth doesn't it?

The issue is supply side economics. That is why Obama has begun to speak about paying a fair share.
The issue is not whether or not anyone in Obama's administration has tax evasion going on.
Again I'll ask though.
Let us assume that TPO these United States, Barack Obama himself, owes 20k in back taxes, how exactly does that create hypocrisy while debating trickle down theory?

Focusing on what indivuduals do, or rather where they're faulty, does nothing to add to the discussion. It's merely a way for you to smear someone rather than defend what is actually attacked; Supply Side economics.

In other words, if Harry Reid doesn't pay taxes, does that make Reaganomics any more or less viable?
edit on 1-10-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
I notice the lack of anything resembling a Democrat or liberal on this thread to attempt to derail, debunk, or apologize for the actions of these individuals. That's pretty telling.

/TOA

What do you want me to do? There's nothing anyone can say that would make any of you happy. We get it, we are all evil godless liberals and god will smite us with death and herpes. MMMMk, Tax cheats in the white house. It's nothing new. People who want power generally don't want it for anything good. Most of the time it's so they can get away with whatever they want. What do you want me to defend tax dodgers because I'm not voting GOP? Wrong is wrong, don't care who they are.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I agree with you Neo. It is very hypocritical for some people to require something from another person that they are not willing to share as well.

In my opinion, the whole Romney tax issue was just as stupid as the birther issue.

new topics

top topics

join