It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirits can push you?!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I am from Ohio. I live in California now for last 12 years. I still have friends back in mid-west, which is why and how I know of this story.

Nerlens Noel is a top-recruit Freshman Basketball player at the University of Kentucky. My friends little sister goes to the University of Kentucky. Nerlens Noel is a friend of hers from a dating perspective and he comes over to my friends home near campus on occasion.

It was on a recent visit to my friends house where this story takes shape. There was a recent charity event where some players were there for the benefit of the local kids and were putting on a show. Nerlens Noel had been getting heckled because at this even he missed a dunk and knocked over a kid on his way down. However, the Bball player tells my friend that he was pushed in mid air by an unknown force which made him miss the dunk. My friend thought it was a joke and the baller eventually leaves.

Then my friends sends me this video, along with the original story (that he would have never told me had this video not been seen).

Do you think he was pushed in mid air?

I usually don't post these kind of stories on ATS but I thought it was interesting enough to get the members feedback.

AAC

edit on 22-9-2012 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

That's pretty neat! I don't know if it's real or not (I am NO video expert at all!) but I think it would be a great scene for a paranormal activity movie!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I assure you it is a real video. You can even find it on yahoo sports.

Creepy for sure.

AAC

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yes you can, ive been pushed many times. It started when i first heard voices. I would TRY to sleep and i would feel a sensation of movement in my body or outright pushes. Id say some creature is using some form of psycho kenisis or psychic abilities to apply force. There are severel beings who have the ability to push people. In cases of hauntings, people have reported being pushed as well. I believe there is a connection between hauntings and hearing voices, i dont believe spirits do this, i think their interdimensional being with the ability to materialize or open dimensional doorways or time travel. We just haven't seen them much because they don't want to be seen. Or their able to dissappear when you are looking at them.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think when he jumped he was at an angle that was going to take him backwards anyway. The camera lens is a bit wide and that can make things look different to how they really are, i.e. angles, distance, height, etc.

It does make it look like he was forced back though so I can see why you'd think he was pushed. Would be cool if someone could slow it down so we can get a better look.

I dunno if there are spirits but I do think things/stuff we can't see can push at you. Maybe someone in the audience gave him a big psychic punch from a distance? I do that to His Nibs a lot.

I got poked in the centre of my back once and NOBODY WAS THERE! Nearly s**t my breeks and slept with the light on for about a month.

This guy looks like he's being pushed by something.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Well he is a professional dunker, so I doubt he went up wrong. Not to mention my friend said he looked visibly freaked by it all.

And I'm pretty sure the guy in your video has a neurological disorder.

AAC
edit on 22-9-2012 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

If that is the case then I would definitely say that who/whatever may have pushed him was definitely NOT a fan!

I've no doubts that unseen things can and do push people, sometimes playfully and sometimes malevolently, but in this day and age of special effects, CGI and YouTube wanna be "stars" I just don't take for granted that that everything I see on video is real.

If I were him I don't think I would play on that particular court anymore!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Guy in my video is drunk. I only offered it as an example of something that looks pushed, but isn't.

(but still might be)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Going up and his shirt is hanging loose

Going back and his shirt is pushed in towards his chest. The opposite of what we'd expect. Looks like he was pushed.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Looks like he fell to me, but I don't really understand basketball.
it looked like he was facing one way then ended up the other way when he fell. I kept replaying it to figure that out.

Apparently spirits can push or levitate you or throw you right across a room. However if he's saying that happened he doesn't appear affected by that in the video

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Look at the 2 pics I posted. In the top pic he's moving up. In the second pic he's moving at great speed horizontaly.
Dont really believe in spirits an stuff but he did somehow convert vertical movement into a horizontal movement.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

He's just drunk. Funny though. I liked the ending when he knocked that bowl off the counter.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I looked at your pics. They aren't clear enough to see his shirt going up actually, but if you see that ....
His shirt is baggy and might ride up when he jumps and goes backwards like that.
I'd like to see the video in slow mo
edit on 22-9-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
he comes in from the side under the net and just jumps up and away to try and get the right angle on the hoop. we can't see his feet to see how they are positioned or how he uses them to spring.

he uses to much momentum and overdoes it. I have jumped up to header a football loads of times where the ball is slightly behind me as it is coming in, so to account for the difference i jump up and push back at the same time to header the ball and sometimes on the way back down you don't always land correctly so have to roll onto your back whilst stumpling backwards, but a few times i have actuall just landed straight on my back.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Sure, I don't see why not. I've woken up to a ghost standing over my bed who then decided to lunge at me3-4 times before going away. I swear I could feel the breeze go past me as it lunged....

I've heard many stories of people being physically touched, shoved etc...by unseen hands....

For this video, I don't know what to make of it. It almost looks like he just goes off balance in the air and it causes him to fall backward in a panic. But....I wont say never.

If it was a ghost...I want them to play for the Mavs because that guy got rejected pretty hard!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The answer is "yes" spirit can push a human when it is strong enough. I have experienced many bizarre events and folk seem to seek me out to tell me their stories possibly because they sense I will not laugh at them. I speak of strangers who will cross roads, approach me in stores, on the street, cafes and such. I do have knowledge but remain reluctant to share due to general reaction. I am not a pushover or easy to fool. Life experience has taught me much.

Approx 30 years ago, when husband was young, he had a rep of being a somewhat extreme skiier though nothing like todays brand of extremists. He was coming fast, too fast due to icy film on snow and suddenly realized he was about to fly off the side of the mountain. This was at Whistler/Blackcomb in BC, Canada. He realized he was about to die for he was leaning too far back to compensate and would not be able to negotiate that turn. Just as he accepted death he felt a "giant hand" push him back up and he safely made the turn. He kept this to himself until he met me. I know it happened for the invisible world is very real to folk like me.

Skeptics are people who are not sensitive enough to detect the invisible world so they ridicule those who are. We know what we see, hear and sense. I never try to convince anyone of anything for it is futile and not my duty to do so. I have so many stories and experiences since a child and am content to know the truth.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I have to say something seems a bit off in the player's trajectory and the timing of his 'ooof'.

Personal background;
I competed gymnastics for many years several of which where at what is termed
elite/optional'.

Following that I began training jiu-jitsu and became a sparring partner for a well known
mixed martial artist.

Also one of my roomies' best friends growing up plays for the local university (Basketball)

He (the player) says it could be a funky rebound from rimming the ball but that it also seems off because of the dunk attempt didn't look nearly strong enough to throw the guy the way it happens.

Now my analysis. Knowing a bit about body position and how energy applied in different directions affects the bodies position I can honestly say this does not look right at all. When attempting a dunk with that long of a body, IF it were just a rebound sending him back, the length of his arms means that they should be thrown back.

Now it does not look like he throws his hips back to correct his fall with an exaggerated hollow body position. His legs move too far forward which to me indicates surprise and is timed with his 'ooof'. I can say that I very rarely hear any professional athlete make an 'ooof' sound unless they are surprised or making a real effort at something, and this man does not appear to be attempting to slam the ball with any intensity.

Conclusion;
If you do indeed have contact or inside information as to whether he did indeed feel like he was hit I would say he should probably seek the consult of a varied selection of religious/spiritual and knowledgeable individuals ranging from christian priests to kabbalists or conforming strongly with the established status quo for professional athletes, believe me it DOES change you.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
obviously that this is a Telekinesis effect. Somebody who did this is a cards fan no doubt

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Looking at it again, I've notice when he lands he's still moving backwards and slides/ or bounces across the floor for at least another foot. So he did fall back forcefully.

And before he jumps there's a noise of sliding trainers. Maybe he skidded on someone's fruit shoot?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Having been pushed by something- I dunno what- but I went over like a felled tree- I couldnt stop myself, I could barely keep from hitting my head on the floor. Once I finally landed, and I stayed down to make sure nothing was seriously damaged, I got right back up. It felt EXACTLY like someone pushed me in the chest, and I fell over an ottoman, or someone on their hands and knees behind me. I was in the kitchen, and in a clear area, BTW. Of course, when I got back up, and my mouth started working again (from the shock), "What th....." The person with me was in full blown panic mode, as they *knew* their place was haunted.

It looks like he took a hand to the chest, and like I said, when it happens, you're powerless to stop it- especially mid air. As for the skeptics: an object in motion stays in motion- and does not deviate from it's trajectory unless it is altered in a physical manner. That player got altered, and he changed course.

How.... You got me...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join