It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney releases taxes - Paid 2 million in taxes, 4 million in charity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Mr. Romney has released a summary of his tax returns for the last twenty years. Now Obama supporters can't argue the numbers, so they rally around and attack the delivery method instead. It's been shown time, and time again, that they are not interested in the truth, or even justice. They are only interested in their cause, and will do anything to achieve it.

If a Democrat's dog were to bite another Democrat on the ankle, they would say: The poor thing must have gotten excited over something.

If a Republican's dog were to bite a Democrat on the ankle, they would all be screaming that the vicious, rabid attack dog from the Right should be put down.

I feel hypocrisy is the real and only platform of the Democratic Party! It's certainly not honesty and integrity!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It's nice he finally did this but it's got nothing to do with what people have been asking for. Obviously, when you are running for president, you are going to be sure to have your taxes in order and make yourself look like you actually pay a fair amount.

What people were asking about, however was a bit of history of his taxes to see how he normally files. Personally, I think he's got the right to not divulge them just like Obama had the right not to show his birth certificate. However, as Obama can attest to, you end up having to toss the alligators something before they start chewing on your feet.

Thus you now see birth certificates and tax returns flopping around. And, of course, there will people who will never be satisfied with either.

If you think about it, his supporters don't care and even if it turned out that he paid zero, it wouldn't sway any of them. The people who actually care are people who would never vote for him, anyway.

Myself, it's not like his clean 15 year tax history would make me like him but I admit that I would get some personal satisfaction out of a lousy tax history making him look even more like a Mitt Romney.
edit on 22-9-2012 by Cuervo because: confusing wording all around...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Where can I find his actual return? I want to run it through Adobe and make sure it's authentic.

Third, the fact that Romney absolutely refuses to release any tax returns prior to 2009 leads many speculators to even more adamantly believe that what Mitt is so scared of revealing is the fact that he took advantage of the 2009 Tax Amnesty program. That program allowed those hiding money illegally in accounts abroad to claim that money and pay taxes on it without facing fees and potential criminal charges.

The Romney campaign is attempting to side-step this issue by extending their “summary” all the way back to 1990, but the fact remains that they won’t release Romney’s actual tax returns. Claiming his lowest rate was 13.66% is one thing, showing how we got there is quite the other.

www.policymic.com...
edit on 9/22/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Did no one read the fine print?

He Paid 2 of those million to his own family trust.

For those that do not know...

for Millionaires, charities are tax write offs to offset gains.

AAC

Did no one read the fine print?

He Paid 2 of those million to his own family trust.

What's your point? In 2011 he contributed $4,020,722 to charities, and only deducted $2,250,772.
Source

For the period 1990-2009, 13.45% of his income went to charities. His total federal income tax, state income tax, and charitable contributions, represented 38.49% of his total income.
Source

I did my "homework", so why don't you do a little, and let us know what average percentage of Mr. Obama's income went to federal income tax, state income tax, and charitable contributions.

For those that do not know...

for Millionaires, charities are tax write offs to offset gains.

Well, because you apparently don't know:
Everyone that files a federal income tax return is allowed to "write off" a certain amount of their legitimate charitable contributions.

Mr. Romney could have legally deducted more of his charitable contributions than he actually did, but I'm sure you don't care about that.

See ya,
Milt

edit on 22-9-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Like many of your posts, your sourced article isn't reliable because it intentionally tries to mislead the reader.

If you really want to dig into Mr. Romney's tax history, here is a good place to start. That should keep you busy for many, many, hours.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 22-9-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by neo96

Sigh...

Everyone is asking him to release his tax records from the time when he wasn't running for POTUS, and wasn't facing scrutiny.

Let's see the ones from 10 years ago.

The IRS has looked into his taxes every year. He has released a summary saying how much he has paid and the MINIMUM rate he paid. How about Obama release his birth certificate. Oh that's right, it's only a rediculous witch hunt when the right does it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join