It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Undercover Report on How the New iPhone 5 is Made Inside Foxconn Factory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I would love to see the homes these workers came from or go back to and how the conditions differ.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I know of Electronic Cigarette companies in the USA owned by Americans who have chosen to have their products produced in China at such a factory as the one above - and then other Electronic Cigarette companies that have defended their decision to stay in the USA even though the cost of production and thus the final product will be much higher. I have purchased Electronic Cigarettes from both types of companies. I always try to buy American if possible when I need parts for my e-cigs. The shipping is cheaper and faster and I'm assured I can always reach customer service.

Some things, like LiFePO4 batteries for my electronic bike are Only made in China. This is a lithium, iron phosphate battery - the best type of battery made for an electric bike. They cost about 600 dollars from China. if they were produced in the USA they would be at least 200 dollars more but they aren't even made anywhere else in the world but China. Seems your dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. We may never be able to get away from needing products from factories like these. We just have to hope and pray no one is being mistreated and they are working willingly, not as a slave.
edit on 23-9-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
I would love to see the homes these workers came from or go back to and how the conditions differ.

Not quite certain what you are saying here, but I have an idea. Say a company picks a person up out of a gutter in the US. Then I suppose they can employ that person in similar conditions? Just so the company can make 5 times the profit to buy more fancy homes and Jets. Hmm.. Makes a lot of sense, NOT!
edit on 23-9-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
Take a good look at the video people because that is the future of the U.S. that`s our future.

if you won`t work 12 hours a day for minimum wage to keep a roof over your head and food on the table,there are 500 people in line behind you that will.
Don`t kid yourself and think that they can`t or won`t do the same with your job no matter what job you have, nobody is irreplaceable.
For every person with a job there hundreds of qualified unemployed people who are just waiting to take that job for less pay just so they can have a job.
edit on 22-9-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

I've already seen this first hand, working in corporate america at a "cushy office" job

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteHat
Isn't amazing to discover that our greatest technologies, which mostly define our "advanced" society come at a very expensive cost to other human beings? All those fancy products costing us a little fortune, and without which we cannot live anymore, produced by slavering others... And we hold people like Steve Jobs as our modern heroes.

Now I'm sure I'll never purchase an iphone, nor anything from Apple. Thanks for posting this.

edit on 22-9-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

Don't we spend most of our time hearing how the "good manufacturing jobs" are all being shipped overseas.

Jeez, you can't really win these days can you?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I enscribed 16,000 iPhone backplates and what do I get?
Another day older and deeper in debt.
St. Peter don't you call me, 'cause I can't come.
I owe my soul to the Mac Store.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
So what's the solution?
Do we fault and attack Apple for manufacturing these devices?
Or the consumer for placing such a high demand for these products?

As always, it's easier to attack a corporation than your fellow neighbor.

How much does one cost to make?
How much are the staff paid to make it?
How much profit goes into the pocket of a bloated CEO who sites in his mansion and presides over the suffering of hundreds of thousands of people working 15 hour shifts for less than minimal wage, while the billions in profit they make are held in off shore tax havens...

Pay people for what they do. The staff get a decent wage and improved living conditions/lifestyle, the CEO and all those bloated elite scum learn to live on a FAIR income that doesn't come at the cost of slave labor.

This is all about class. An elite who abuse and use others, climbing over them and stepping on them to make themselves rich. They are disgusting, sub-Human, gross deformities of Humanity and we need to do something about them yesterday.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This is disgusting, bad apple, bad. Now lets donate a dollar to help aid? lol wut, im too stoned for this.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Don't blame the consumers for this. Blame the company making humongous profits! More profits than any company should ever want. Look at how much folks pay for these cheap plastic trinkets! With say a few more parts than a $10 cell phone? Oh and I guess the software that costs a lot to "manufacture" on each phone? Insert smirk here... If they would just take a portion of those profits and give them to the folks that make their products this wouldn't even be happening. So Apple would just have a few less dollars in their pockets. The rich get richer on the backs of the poor. So Apple, don't even dream of blaming this on consumers!

So how much does Apple make? Try nearly 12 billion in the first 3 months of this year alone. So who is at fault here? Thought so...

This is a perfect example of what is wrong in this country. Tremendous profits on the backs of increasingly poorer employees. I vote for huge tariffs on imported products. Then they will be forced to manufacture in America.
edit on 22-9-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

^ this is so true. If only more people could understand this the world might be a better place. This is the reason that the OWS movement has so much antagonism towards the super rich. Not because they are successful and have nice things, but because they gain that success by exploiting the poor. These corporations use the U.S. military, to make sure these people don't have any other options.

In many countries these companies seize things in the public domain such as water and herd land, and make the locals pay for access. The only place that they can earn the money to pay with being in those same corporations manufacturing plants.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I must add one thing though. There is nothing us people here in America can really do to help these people. Short of boycotting all technical companies. Unless these people (anyone in the world) recognize that they're being taken advantage of, and stand together to put a stop to it, there will always be someone to exploit them. What makes it hard is that they have to be willing to die to make a change.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit

If the conditions are worse where they came from, and they probably are, it still doesn't make exploiting them a good thing.

What they are dealing with is a better alternative to starving, and is why capitalists can take advantage of them.
It doesn't make it right.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by eleven44

it amazes me that people read stories like this , and denounce apple - you you really think that the scores of factories producing other brand consumer electronics [ like the ones you are reading this on ] are any different ?

What would amaze me if you actually read what I wrote.

If you could, please 're'-read what I wrote and then tell me where I denounce Apple or said that 'only' Apple was doing this, or that this is the 'only' case of something like this ever.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join