It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

was william branham the last prophet ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I am wanting to get your opinion on William branham , my brother is a born again Christian and he believes william branham was the last prophet for told in the bible ,
But i say he was not but he was one of the first fake prophets and healer to spring up in America , my brother also claims william branham brought somebody back to life but as yet has not given me the name of the man brought back to life ,

So if any body knows of william branham or anything he has done and the proof he has done what ever your claim
then i would like to here from you ,

i do want to hear from people who believe he was and them who believe he was not cheers
edit on 22-9-2012 by seethetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seethetruth

i think Robert Bartheon is the last prophet.........

"There's a war coming Ned. I don't know when, I don't know who we'll be fighting, but it's coming."

even though he is a fictional character he is spot on.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seethetruth

was william branham the last profit ?
Profit?
or Prophet?

Maybe he was claiming to be a prophet, with the intentions of earning a profit?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

i think Robert Bartheon is the last prophet.........

"There's a war coming Ned. I don't know when, I don't know who we'll be fighting, but it's coming."

even though he is a fictional character he is spot on.

haha who's robert bartheon not heard of him ,,have you heard of william branham ?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

haha got all the comedians tonight but you could be right still

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I am wanting to get your opinion on William branham , my brother is a born again Christian and he believes william branham was the last prophet for told in the bible ,
But i say he was not but he was one of the first fake prophets and healer to spring up in America , my brother also claims he brought somebody back to life but as yet has not given me the name of the man brought back to life ,

So if any body knows of william branham or anything he has done and the proof he has done what ever your claim

i do want to hear from people who believe he was and them who believe he was not cheers

I seriously doubt your brother resurrected anyone, that hasn't been seen since the first generation. Not saying it isn't possible but i doubt it.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I never heard the name before,

I just quickly googled it and looked into him,

From the looks of it, no, he wasn't a false prophet, but also, no, he wasn't a Biblically prophesied prophet.

Also, I think you may be confusing the word Prophet and what the Gift of Prophesy is.

A modern day prophet is simply anybody who is indwelt with the Holy Spirit, and who proclaims the Word of the LORD in accordance with the Will of God, the Spirit of Christ, and the Word of the Almighty....

Prophet has been replaced with the term Preacher in these days,

The two are synonymous though, pretty much....

and there are many, many, many false prophets and false preachers, always have been, always will be, in this current world.

Blessings,

Amen

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

no im not saying my brother brought anyone back to life i am say my brother says william branham did

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

After further reading regarding this man,

I do believe he was a false prophet, in a sense.

He had some incorrect ideas about the Almighty,

but even so, he very well could be, and most likely is, present and accounted for in the LORDs Abode, Heaven/Paradise.

His words may not hold much merit nowadays, but he served his purpose on Gods creation, and I'm sure our loving and merciful Creator forgave him for any false doctrines he spread on accident, and showed him the Truth and the real Glory of the LORD.....

Unless the man was wicked on the inside and we don't know about it....

Conclusion:

He was a Godly man, but not a prophet.

Go ahead and read his writings or words, but take heed and be advised, he doesn't speak on behalf of the Almighty.....

He has since passed, and we should respect him, until we enter the Lords rest with him, and see for ourselves the truth about him.....

Blessings

Amen
edit on 22-9-2012 by godlover25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25

I never heard the name before,

I just quickly googled it and looked into him,

From the looks of it, no, he wasn't a false prophet, but also, no, he wasn't a Biblically prophesied prophet.

Also, I think you may be confusing the word Prophet and what the Gift of Prophesy is.

A modern day prophet is simply anybody who is indwelt with the Holy Spirit, and who proclaims the Word of the LORD in accordance with the Will of God, the Spirit of Christ, and the Word of the Almighty....

Prophet has been replaced with the term Preacher in these days,

The two are synonymous though, pretty much....

and there are many, many, many false prophets and false preachers, always have been, always will be, in this current world.

Blessings,

Amen

My brother claims william branham is the last prophet he says he was elijah and that he healed people and even brought some back to life , i dont believe this as the only other man that was brought back from the dead is well known , nobody has heard of william branham or the man that was brought back ,

but i do agree he was a preacher

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

That belief stems from a misunderstanding of scripture,

When the scriptures speak of people coming in the spirit of Elijah, it means in the same prophetic spirit, it doesn't mean the literal actual spirit of Elijah the Prophet.

Elijah is in Heaven with the Almighty, his Soul and Spirit are in Heaven, and he may even have a glorified body already, as he was taken directly to Heaven in Gods chariot... i believe Elijah and Moses may both already be in glorified bodies in Heaven, one reason i believe this is because of the account of them appearing alongside Jesus at His transfiguration....

Reincarnation is a false doctrine of demons, it simply doesn't happen.

You get one life, one spirit, one soul.

You get one shot at physical life on earth, and then one eternal resting place,

Heaven, Paradise, the abode of God,

or Sheol, "Hell", the abode of the dead.

God bless,

Amen

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

There is a video of a set up interview with william branham were he says he had a super natural birth were things happened like balls of light and things like that , but when i watch the video he comes across to me as a liar because when he is talking about him self his eyes are darting about and looking to his left ,

and that is supposed to be a sign of someone not telling the truth ,,and as soon as he is not talking about him self his eyes are normal and looking straight forward

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Your gut instinct is most likely correct.

The man probably just wanted attention and to increase his ministry....

We really should drop this subject now though, it's not conducive to anything really, we've gotten to the bottom of it and settled the issue,

God bless

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

I worry for my brother who believes he was the last prophet (elijah) and he seams to be following him , it does say them who follow the false prophets will be thrown in the lake of fire ,,

So how could i convince my brother he was not what they are saying or is it just to late for my bro ,

that is something else as well he tells me of william branhams prophesys but everyone he tells me are what Nostradamus said with my brother not looking at Nostradamus as he has been lead to believe he is occult ,he can not see how the prophesys are the same

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

no im not saying my brother brought anyone back to life i am say my brother says william branham did

Ok, miscommunication. I seriously doubt Branham did. A real servant of God wouldn't brag, the man who was raised up would give his testimony and the one who assisted in the resurection would give Elohim all the credit.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Bill Hicks was the last Prophet.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Ok, miscommunication. I seriously doubt Branham did. A real servant of God wouldn't brag, the man who was raised up would give his testimony and the one who assisted in the resurection would give Elohim all the credit.

yes good point there should be a testimony from the man that was brought back , if i find this i will post it on here

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bintim
Bill Hicks was the last Prophet.

i have heard that name before don't know were,, or it a load of billhicks

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

But i say he was not but he was one of the first fake prophets and healer to spring up in America , my brother also claims william branham brought somebody back to life but as yet has not given me the name of the man brought back to life ,

Nope. My grandparents actually went to see William Branham. That is a rumor about bringing someone back to life. He might have been a good preacher, but that is as far as that goes. Some say A.A. Allen also was a prophet and people were healed. My grandmother used to have a picture of him in her house.

William Branham is the preacher for the Oneness, or Jesus Only faith. I remember people talking about him when I was young.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Thanks for your reply , do you remember any other things they said about him or was you too young ,
I think its a small amount of Christians that are believing he was the last prophet in particular the church my brother go's to and pays a percentage of his wage to ,
I have been to his church and the pasta there drives a big flash 4x4 so i don't know if there is something wrong with his chosen church or not

<<   2  3  4 >>

join