It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just downloaded some binaural beats...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Anything I should know before beginning a regimen here?

I had great success in the 80s with subliminal program tapes, and I'm assuming that this is similar in nature. That said, I'm looking for any tips on what to expect and what not to believe about claim that are made.

Just as an aside, treating my brain and body as experiment tools is very much par for the course for me, so while warnings are welcome, try not to be hysterical with them. I'm not a neophyte when it comes to programming and reprogramming my brain and body. God knows, I have no idea what my natural resting state is, or what it might've ever been.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I love my "lucid dream" binaural.
The one thing that I found that makes a huge difference, other than mindset.
Headphones make or break the beats in most cases.
You want some that are comfortable but also block out as much outside noise as possible.

Here's a quick
Google Search I did to help you get into the right place to get the best results!

Good luck and peace always!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The one and only time I experienced sleep paralysis was with binaural beats, in like to 7-8hz range I believe, was a bit frightening experience.

Was the reason i stopped using them.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I have not really tried this yet (that I am aware of LOL) but I do know how music can affect my mood and back when I would...experiment with my brain using whatever was available music could put me into different states of awareness.

Good luck with your Psychonaut adventures!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Always spend time to get your body and mind relaxed before you start a session.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Cool.
Thanks for the idea.

I've had a melody in my mind that led me to this sequencer. What I thought OP was originally onto.

My melody keeps changing tempos and so I can't really synchronize it for any sampling purposes...

It's kinda neat that our thoughts seem to be guide-posts/markers along the journeys of our lives.

The word synthesis comes to mind.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I have downloaded several different types of binaural beats, and the only one that I can truly say I have seen or felt the effect from is the ''astral projection" beat.
The first time I tried it was about 30 minutes after I had woken up one morning. I ate a little bit, walked around, and then went to lay down on my couch with my headphones (definitely make sure you have nice, comfortable headphones.) I focused my intention on astral projection and relaxed my mind to just absorb/observe the sounds. Sure enough, after about fifteen minutes or so, without loosing consciousness, I floated straight up out of my body.
Was so cool! (That was just a little over a month ago.)

I haven't given myself much time to try it again lately, but it's something I want to practice more.
Anyway, good luck, let us know how it goes!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by fasteronfire
I love my "lucid dream" binaural.
The one thing that I found that makes a huge difference, other than mindset.
Headphones make or break the beats in most cases.
You want some that are comfortable but also block out as much outside noise as possible.

Here's a quick
Google Search I did to help you get into the right place to get the best results!

Good luck and peace always!

I have my studio favorites - older Sony MDR-V700s - and nothing interrupts me with those on. I figure that I can get into the plays during the late morning when I usually trance out for an hour or so between work surges. What the specific program I downloaded addresses is "manifestation" and aligning oneself to what's available as opportunity and/or assistance with moving an effort forward. Not so much a buzz track or that sort of thing.

I'm pretty much a working stiff when it comes to most things, I guess. The getting high notion isn't so much an attraction, as getting my focus zeroed in on what I need to get accomplished. Who knows? I completely overcame 3rd stage stuttering with subliminal program tapes in the early 80s (supposedly impossible, from most responsible research studies), so who knows.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44

I have downloaded several different types of binaural beats, and the only one that I can truly say I have seen or felt the effect from is the ''astral projection" beat.
The first time I tried it was about 30 minutes after I had woken up one morning. I ate a little bit, walked around, and then went to lay down on my couch with my headphones (definitely make sure you have nice, comfortable headphones.) I focused my intention on astral projection and relaxed my mind to just absorb/observe the sounds. Sure enough, after about fifteen minutes or so, without loosing consciousness, I floated straight up out of my body.

I haven't given myself much time to try it again lately, but it's something I want to practice more.

Interesting that you should mention that. What has me taking this investigation on is a very odd experience I had on Thursday evening, as I listened to a free binaural stream 3rd track down. After 5 minutes (it's 15 minutes long, and I kept my eyes closed the entire time) I experienced two "people" walk up to me as I sat there, and lean over me and it felt as if they were looking me over. One on the right and one on the left. They continued - although the one on the left walked away, only to be replaced by another who walked up to me on my left - for about 5 minutes or so (hard to say, actually), but it was long enough for me to really analyze exactly what I was perceiving. That track does claim to "encourage out-of-body practices", and I began to think that the aural stimulation might be hitting the same region of the brain that researchers have stimulated with electrodes to cause subjects to experience "presences" and OBE sensations. As you can imagine, especially after my experiences with subliminal programming in the 1980s, this really intrigued me, not as a true paranormal event, but as an indication of an actual impact on a region of my own brain.

Not that paranormal events don't happen - hey do - but, to me, the possibility that this track tingled that region of my own brain - even if only for the handful of minutes it did - is enough to make me take it on and see what's really under the hood.
edit on 9/22/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I found the binaural beats really annoying. I heard it works for some people.
Am I the only one that cant stand them? I cant listen to them more than 5 mins. It drives me nuts.

edit on 22/9/12 by plutoxgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Actually you experience sleep paralisys every night when you dream. That so you do not act out your dreams. You dont want to be dreaming of driving a car and then find yourself out on the street in the middle of the night.

Binaural beats or isocronic tones do not cause sleep paralisys.
edit on 22-9-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by benrl

Actually you experience sleep paralisys every night when you dream. That so you do not act out your dreams. You dont want to be dreaming of driving a car and then find yourself out on the street in the middle of the night.

fine, consciously experienced it... semantics, the beats triggered a waking sleep paralysis experience.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

reply to post by benrl

Noooo.... You dont experience sleep paralysis every night.... I think they are talking about the weird s*** like not being able to move and having 2-3 dreams in one. stuff like that

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by eleven44

Interesting that you should mention that. What has me taking this investigation on is a very odd experience I had on Thursday evening, as I listened to a free binaural stream 3rd track down. After 5 minutes (it's 15 minutes long, and I kept my eyes closed the entire time) I experienced two "people" walk up to me as I sat there, and lean over me and it felt as if they were looking me over. One on the right and one on the left. They continued - although the one on the left walked away, only to be replaced by another who walked up to me on my left - for about 5 minutes or so (hard to say, actually), but it was long enough for me to really analyze exactly what I was perceiving. That track does claim to "encourage out-of-body practices", and I began to think that the aural stimulation might be hitting the same region of the brain that researchers have stimulated with electrodes to cause subjects to experience "presences" and OBE sensations. As you can imagine, especially after my experiences with subliminal programming in the 1980s, this really intrigued me, not as a true paranormal event, but as an indication of an actual impact on a region of my own brain.

Not that paranormal events don't happen - hey do - but, to me, the possibility that this track tingled that region of my own brain - even if only for the handful of minutes it did - is enough to make me take it on and see what's really under the hood.
edit on 9/22/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

I remember reading about infrasound recently and the effects it has on humans and animals. Infrasonic researchers claim that infrasound may even cause paranormal experiences, as was concluded after they performed some experiments where they added infrasound to some music played to a theatre full of concert-goers. Most claimed to have feelings of fear, spine-tingles etc. during the songs to which the infrasound was added.

Who knows, but it seems much of the effects of certain frequencies can stimulate the brain into such states.

Infrasound
Infrasound and the Paranormal

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Thanks for the pdfs. Good stuff here.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by plutoxgirl
I found the binaural beats really annoying. I heard it works for some people.
Am I the only one that cant stand them? I cant listen to them more than 5 mins. It drives me nuts.

edit on 22/9/12 by plutoxgirl because: (no reason given)

I'm with you on that. I meditate a lot - really a lot - and have done for years. I can't listen to that sort of noise at all. I can't imagine they enhance any sort of function at all, except maybe to induce nausea and dizziness.

Those are made for some other kind of human, not for this kind.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

reply to post by benrl

Noooo.... You dont experience sleep paralysis every night.... I think they are talking about the weird s*** like not being able to move and having 2-3 dreams in one. stuff like that

Yes, you do.. otherwise you'd move in the same way you do in your dreams and wake yourself up. Sleep paralysis occurs whenever you are asleep. The difference being that sometimes you wake up.. but you're still paralyzed for a period of time. Trapped in your body.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

I'm with you on that. I meditate a lot - really a lot - and have done for years. I can't listen to that sort of noise at all. I can't imagine they enhance any sort of function at all, except maybe to induce nausea and dizziness.

Those are made for some other kind of human, not for this kind.

Good to hear that you feel the same as me!

I tried more than once listening to those things, with different tunes. But goddamnit, it is profoundly disturbing for me.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Try I-Doser, powerfull stuff. Altough I would not recommend if you have a weak heart.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

reply to post by benrl

When people say 'sleep paralysis,' they mean being awake, and aware that they are awake and in their body, but unable to move it...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join