It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans stop hating your immigrants

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

"I think for many people, if they themselves are not personally affected, then they don't care about the negative impact of illegal immigration."

AMEN! Those of us who are screaming about this *have been* affected personally (and probably still are).

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I thought the PC version of bank robber was "politician".

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by Night Star

"I think for many people, if they themselves are not personally affected, then they don't care about the negative impact of illegal immigration."

AMEN! Those of us who are screaming about this *have been* affected personally (and probably still are).

I'm an Ironworker a Glazier been doing commercial construction for thirty years in So Cal Wyle. I've experienced the worst and have been affected by this issue forever. Have no taste for Mariachi's because I don't value the Tuba as a musical instrument.

We're talk'in hate here tho and I can't see myself not doing exactly the same thing they are doing or have done. I imagine every person who risked everything to get here any way they could. Did it because of someone they loved.

You people know who is really to blame as well as I do. How long did you think all this union stuff was going to last ? All that did was tic off the greedy. Every time we make them see how greedy they are ? We only tic them off more. This looks like revenge to me and it's working right thru trivial little matters. Like this generation being the one that has to suffer the wrath of the PTB. For something we thought was all good. Well it's never good to take money out of greedy peoples hands. They hold grudges.
edit on 24-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
My biggest peeves in the Great Immigration Debate are (1), the blurring of "immigrant" and "illegal immigrant" -- if a person is against illegal immigration, that does NOT mean they are against immigrants as a whole. Then, (2), I don't like how it's only Mexicans that are typically brought up. Perhaps they are a large number of persons in this situation, but they are hardly the only ones. For instance, in my Northeastern city, there are a number of people from various Slavic countries who have come to the U.S. on student or visitor visas, then simply failed to return. I really wish this was made more public, so we can finally stop making this a race issue. The fact is, there are people of ALL colors and countries that are illegally in this country.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SnarkySheep

yea, i remember a while back reading that the number of those overstaying their visas is much larger, the majority of illegals in this country.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
It's not that people hate illegal immigrants, it's just that it seems they all are being supported by our money and hard work. I think thats what people resent.

And please don't misunderstand me, I don't hate immigrants either. As you've said, they only want to improve their lives and the lives of their family.

I think the danger lies in thinking of all immigrants as belonging to a group. In my experience, it's very hard to dislike indivuals, while very easy to dislike groups.

Great post. S&F.

I openly detest illegal immigrants. As someone who has roots in this country since 1641, I truly do hate anyone and everyone who gets a free ride just because they come from a horrible country. I have no pity at all. My family has been affected by illegal immigration, our countries are being affected.

Tell me why people who work hard and are born in any country should have to bow down to an illegal, or unskilled immigrant, why? Would India allow Canadians and Americans to come in freely and make changes? Would China allow people from England and Mexico to come in and steal their work?

The answer is a resounding no.
edit on 24-9-2012 by DragonRain311 because: Addition

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
ok, so, i'd like to take a minute to explain my problem with the illegal issue.
for years i used to run heavy equipment here in the southwest.
i used to make 34 plus an hour considering overtime.
the going rate now is about 12 to 15 an hour and many of these jobs are taken by illegals.
i've walked on to job sites and been told straight up that, 'well, that's all we pay, if you don't want it an illegal will be happy to get the job for that pay.
people need to realize that the myth of illegals working for 5 bucks an hour is just that, a myth.
the average construction worker, illegal, is making to 15 bucks an hour.
one with tools and a background will make even more.
a good cook easily makes over 12.
melon pickers in areas like wenden, az, start at 12 bucks an hour.
it kinda' irks me that people think these guys work as cheap as most think.
those who hire them save the money in workmans comp and other ways so they can easily pay a decent wage and still save save save over hiring someone on the books.
would it piss anyone off if i mentioned that an illegal foreman who knows what he is doing makes upward of 25 bucks an hour?
edit on 24-9-2012 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Americans don't hate immigrants as a rule.

Americans hate ILLEGAL immigrants.

Big difference.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

Sorry OP you left out a very important word, Illegal...This changes the whole thread. Not many hate legal immigrants,

I left it out for a damn good reason. When a cop sees someone steal a car ? He arrests the perp. Why ? Because stealing a car is against the law. If people aren't being arrested for being an illegal unless they break some other law ? Then I can't very well say it's illegal for them to be here. I mean at that point it becomes painfully obvious subjectively speaking. The objective ignored..

Rubbertramp

ok, so, i'd like to take a minute to explain my problem with the illegal issue.

That's why were here partner !

edit on 24-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

I am assuming that like most Americans, you have no idea what America is. America IS the melting pot of the world. The Statue of Liberty states that all are welcome. Do you really think that when the USA was settled, by immigrants none the less, that it came with a preconfigured culture? No, it was the immigrants that made American culture. Those from every culture helped create us into who we are today, both the good and the bad.

And that is just it isn't it? If you don't like the original American culture then you should be derided for holding that belief. Do you truly realize what the original American culture is? Befriend a Native American and ask them about it.

I also see that your mother missed out on learning about her heritage. Yes, she is as American as you or I, but her ancestors were not. She could have learned a lot from her grandmother. You see, that is what is great about America, we don't follow one persons idea of "how it should be". As we learn from and about others, it just makes us better as a whole.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well , meh! lol

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It's too late to change the fact that they are freeloading and do not abide by the laws of our country. They also introducee large populations od gangs, ciminals and drug abuse. We don't need they dragging us down and sucking up our tax dollars that can be used for better purposes like taking care of law abiding, tax paying citizens.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
What do any thread with "Immigrants" in it will always devolve into "illegal Immigrants" and Mexicans?

Is it because its easier to bash all immigrants by bashing illegals?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
this morning at 7:30 am right next to my work an illegal immigrant who had been drinking missed a turn and hit a fire hydrant. Turns out he had no license or insurance and nearly hit a car head on. I'd be more shocked if everyday 30-40 similar cases aren't heard in the court next door.

I'd bash Polish illegals but when I go to the post office the wanted posters are only filled with latino faces.

they are just here for jobs..
edit on 24-9-2012 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by shuar911
Well , meh! lol

This is no longer a valid response to the illegal immigration debate. Sure, our long dead ancestors screwed the Natives, but we are now a country with laws, laws that are broken when they enter illegally.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If you think the US is bad, just try visiting Mexico. Their constitution specifically gives Mexican citizens more rights over immigrants (legal or illegal). In Mexico, as a visitor, you are NOT entitled to the same things as a citizen (including work).

www.mexinsure.com...
lawreview.richmond.edu...

Do a little research to see how loved and accepted immigrants are in Mexico.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryAlien

Mexico.

Isn't part of the United States. At least not yet.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgenstern89

This is no longer a valid response to the illegal immigration debate

Check out the forum we're in. Socially speaking it's always a valid response. I understand you would like to sweep somethings under the rug. But when you sweep roaches under a rug ? They just multiply.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

We're talk'in hate here tho

Actually, we're talking about the hated (people like me) who have about had a gutful of being treated like this- in their own home, yet.

If I came into your home, wailed about my ex g/f (my reason for being there)- ate your food, drank your drinks, tried to get your SO into bed when you werent looking, got you fired, and then GOT your job,tried to get you kicked out of your house, left a mess everywhere, sold your kid on ebay, and then grilled your dog- how would *you* feel?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xmartinez

I find it hard to draw similarities between an sparsely settled wilderness and an established country with a government in place.

So that's the answer to it then?
Two wrongs make a right?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join