It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans stop hating your immigrants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Just a short message

I'm sickened by the hate my fellow Americans. Especially the new round of volley that has been expressed time and again on these very pages. We all should realize ( yes even myself at weak moments ) that hate. Only makes us a target. All I have to say is one thing to bring down this flimsy wall of hate. The shoe could easily be on the other foot. Yes people from Mexico are still crossing our border looking to take work from real American citizens.
But that doesn't make them anything worthy of hate.

It' seems it's always been this way too.. Irish immigrants have been hated Polish, German, Dutch, French, just about every ethnic background you can think of especially people of black heritage and they can't even be classified as immigrants. I'm doing this thread as a follow up to my last one. If we don't stop the hate. Then maybe we deserve THE CRAP COMING DOWN THE PIPE. I can NOT blame the Mexican for coming here in fact I hardly ever did. I have had my moments but I always recant to say " I'd do the same exact thing if I were them ".

After all, this all seems like one grand scheme on the part of all governments involved anyway. So I put the blame and save the hate where it belongs from here on out.

End of that story.
edit on 22-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well if it makes you feel any better, I hate everyone: Domestic, Foreign, & Self.

My hate does not discriminate.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It's not that people hate illegal immigrants, it's just that it seems they all are being supported by our money and hard work. I think thats what people resent.

And please don't misunderstand me, I don't hate immigrants either. As you've said, they only want to improve their lives and the lives of their family.

I think the danger lies in thinking of all immigrants as belonging to a group. In my experience, it's very hard to dislike indivuals, while very easy to dislike groups.

Great post. S&F.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

i think the American government treats immigrants very well, what ever individual Americans think is entirely up to them. u know, freewill and all

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
there are actually more Mexicans heading back south than north these days since we have such a mess of an economy and everything else. i was never against immigrants, just not real thrilled about non tax paying immigrants is all.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Easier to blame others than to look in the mirror and admit that we are the ones who stood by and helped create the mess we are now in.

Blame the immigrants!!!!

If that doesn't work, blame them again.

Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

My hate does not discriminate.

OK that's acceptable to then.

As some people are filled with hate I feel we need to love them troo. Misspelled because I like it that way.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
ehhhhhhhhhhh, I dunno

There ARE some immigrants you just don't want by culture.

Frankly though I have always felt the portion of Americans who are down on Mexicans make us look bad, anyone showing up with Pinatas and Tequila is welcome in my book. It's the ones who show up who would ban Pinatas and Tequila that we should worry about.

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Theres nothing wrong with an immigrant who assimilates properly and blends into the culture. A+ for them.

The problem is immigrants who fail, or more often, dont even try to assimilate, and simply come here and create little, or big, non-american outposts that are essentially tiny third world pockets allowed to erupt within US borders. They refuse to speak english, refuse to leave behind their third world behaviors, and, again, willingly fail to assimilate.

They also send tons of the money they leech back to there "home" countries. See, Most of them dont even see this as a new land, a new home, but simply as an open opportunity to parasite and siphon resources from the country and send it elsewhere, where it will never be seen again by an American citizen.

Interesting anecdotal story that to me proves old immigrants are NOTHING like the parasitical ones invading the country today: my mothers grandmother was Russian. As a little girl, my mother asked her grandmother to teach her Russian. She said: "NO! You NOT russian! You AMERICAN!" and that was the end of the conversation, and my mother never learned Russian.

As Ive witnessed in my life living in an area highly populated with "immigrants", the example above is diametrically opposed to the immigrants of today, specifically, the Hispanic ones. They are here to dilute the culture, create outposts of their own country in ours (no, most of them DO NOT see America as their country... but they sure are trying to MAKE it their country), siphon money out of the country.

Yeah, theres always the exception to the rule, but they are few and far inbetween from what Ive seen.
edit on 9/22/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
If you're not Native American [or their descendants] then you're all immigrants [or their descendants]

Just saying is all...

PEACE.

edit on 22-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I love Hispanics. They treat me well and i treat them well. I see in them something America has lost. Family values and loyalty. We can learn a lot from them.
edit on 22-9-2012 by jimmiec because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
If you're not Native American [or their descendants] then you're all immigrants [or their descendants]

Just saying is all...

PEACE.

edit on 22-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

To bad that's only one way of looking at it Slay. When in my own white hot heart, I know it should be the only way to see it. Great post and thanks.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I don't hate legal immigrants. Heck! I don't even hate illegal immigrants. What I hate is illegal immigration.

Also, I hate seeing once lovely American working class neighborhoods turn into a Little Mexico where they refuse to learn English, fly Mexican flags in their yards, and look at you like you're from Mars when you walk into one of their neighborhood stores or taquerias.

I love diversity. I believe one's cultural background can be celebrated without ripping out the American culture in the interim. I love St. Patrick's Day when we drink green beer and wear something green and decorate with shamrocks and leprechauns. But, after the acknowledgement of the cultural heritage, it comes down and we resume our all-American focus on making THIS country a better place.
edit on 22-9-2012 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2012 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is nonsense, just because we want to cut back on immigration doesn't mean we hate immigrants.

As far as Mexico is concerned, move down there and see how well you are accepted.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I love Hispanics. They treat me well and i treat them well. I see in them something America has lost. Family values and loyalty. We can learn a lot from them.
reply to post by jimmiec

Yes indeed. I'm so familiar with their culture and passion for the things true to life. Having been raised in Chino Ca. they accepted me as a friend. They are a great people.

link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
edit on 22-9-2012 by jimmiec because: (no reason given)

I'm a schoolteacher, and I LOVE having Hispanic students in my class. Why? Because they support their children and always place a high priority on education.

I only wish more of my parents felt the same.

link   
reply to post by randyvs

The hate is not for immigrants, it is for the fact that we passed laws and then ignore them...what kind of country as a whole ignores it's own laws just so rich people can have cheep labor!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Even native American's, the tribes Europeans found when they arrived were immigrants at one time.

As far as Mexicans are concerned, what gives the descendents of the Spanish conquistadors any more rights than any other group?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
This is nonsense, just because we want to cut back on immigration doesn't mean we hate immigrants.

As far as Mexico is concerned, move down there and see how well you are accepted.

Well if you go down there with no knowledge of their culture I imagine you'll get treated the same or worse then immigrants get treated here.

You think that doesn't need to change too ?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Even native American's, the tribes Europeans found when they arrived were immigrants at one time.

As far as Mexicans are concerned, what gives the descendents of the Spanish conquistadors any more rights than any other group?

They are of Aztec heritage too ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join