It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clash of Civilizations or Politically Manufactured Rage?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

No, religion is more aptly applied to community affairs, and cultural mores.

Politics is applied to social affairs, and societal norms.

They are quite different.

The former focuses on the internal collective, while the latter focuses on the external collective.

Collusion between the two is definitely a problem, however attempting to equate the two is intellectually dishonest.
edit on 22-9-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

Originally posted by moniesisfun
No, religion is more aptly applied to community affairs, and cultural mores.

Politics is applied to societal affairs, and social norms.

They are quite different.

They SHOULD be different. They SHOULD be kept separate as you have illustrated above. But look at the religious groups that lobby the government! They are NOT separate in today's world.

Religious Lobbying Groups Multiply on Capitol Hill

The survey identifies the work of 212 faith-oriented groups, which spend about $390 million per year. That is up from less than 40 such groups in 1970.

The biggest spenders, the survey says, include the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, and established social conservative groups focusing on abortion, same-sex marriage and home-schooling. The report’s authors said that the science of identifying “religious” advocates was imprecise but that they picked groups that said they were driven by faith convictions.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I fully agree they should be separate, however just because they are colluding, doesn't mean we should equate one with the other.

It sets a horrible example for people. We should know the exact definitions of each, how they are supposed to operate, and how they are currently operating, which is not to the benefit of the people.

Saying they are the same implies a defeatist attitude, in my interpretation.
edit on 22-9-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I just watched 2016, it was some sort of divine intervention because It was a miracle I even got to see it,

anyway see the movie and you will understand the clash of civilizations, and what Obama believes, and why all this is happening.

It is terrifying
edit on 063030p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpNowSnap

for shame, ignoramous.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What is happening today, could never have happened prior to the information/technology age. The flames of hatred are being fanned by the MSM, and the 24 by 7 coverage of cable TV.
Seriously, how many people actually SAW the ignorant film that supposedly caused the turmoil that has become an ever-escalating series of events. In their effort to drive viewership up, the MSM has stooped to new lows, and actually created the situation that we see now. In addition, the rush to blame what was most probably a planned act, on the film, they actually created a self-fulfilling prophecy. People that never would have even seen the movie, came out in droves, because the movie became the main event. They were, essentially TOLD to riot about something that, without irresponsible reports, they never would have heard about.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun

for shame, ignoramous.

Wake Up Now

Hypnotist snaps fingers.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

You list off-site content, but you have not listed any links. You can't just post something that you claim is from another site, and not reference it. What are your references to these supposed "laws"?
Furthermore, are you aware that Islamic Law applies to Muslims, not others. Just as the Catholic Church asks practicing Catholics to refrain from meat on Ash Wednesday, and Fridays during Lent, many other religions have "laws" that apply to their adherents. No one is asking you to obey what you claim are Sharia laws.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I most definitely agree that this is politically motivated, but from all sides.

Here is a quote that had a great effect on me when I first read it:

“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”

Hermann Göring 1946 Nuremberg Trials

The point is, the great majority of people, all over the world just want to be able to have decent living standards, and a peaceful place to raise their families. The unfortunate thing is that those who want something else are those whose names are placed on the ballots we get to put X's next to, or those imposed as leaders, depending on where one lives.

Add extreme poverty, political repression (often sanctioned by our governments) and lack of access to information, and you have situations more than rife for propaganda campaigns that Göring and Goebbels would be proud of, not to mention the "leaders" of most governments today!

the Billmeister

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I got one word. OIL. Everything else is merely detail.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join