It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolivia's Mysterious Ancient El Fuerte (The Fortress)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

"Let's build on a spot way up top of a mountain and use HUGE boulders and create something completely unusual"

They liked the top of mountains for two reasons, mountains were associated with gods and they made good defensive positions; as for unusual no early culture completely dominated western south America so you had melange of architectural and artistic styles

Sources is:

Book dealing with El Fuertes

A PDF Landscapes of Inequality, Spectacle and Control:Inka Social Order in Provincial Contexts

Note for the source above you'll go to the University of Chile site then you have to say yes to a use statement

Si no se descarga automáticamente, haga click aquí.

Another source would be

Author: Charola, Elena A.; Henriques, Fernando M.A.
Title Article/Chapter: "Consideraciones sobre la conservación de la Roca Esculpida del Fuerte de Samaipata, Bolivia"
Title Translated English: "Considerations on the conservation of the sculpted rock of Fuerte de Samaipata, Bolivia"
Title of Source: SIARB - Boletín
Issue Number: 14
Date of Publication: 2000

Discusses a number of the theories about what the carving might be about

edit on 25/9/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

I know.

With South America it's always like at the top of some high up location.

"Let's build on a spot way up top of a mountain and use HUGE boulders and create something completely unusual"

They knew about wars and big floods

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
If you go to anywhere in the world were warfare was endemic you'll find much of the habitations located on the highest hills available - limited only by access to water

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
When I look at the picture that is associated with the to-scale size, I can't help but see more of a small city structure. If it is true that they used wood, then that wood is probably gone by now. However, what if they used the grooves as more of a wood-post holder rather than a cistern. They would have had a small city type at the top of the hill, then towards the bottom possibly more spread out areas for farm housing, and then crops in the less rocky areas considering it does look like they lived in one of the more wet areas. Another theory may be, it very well could have been the start of a hierarchy. Where as the Royalty or Religious leaders lived in the higher and more extravagant wood structures, and the common folk lived below in the small dwelling types. I read somewhere that the large grooves on the sides once held God-type statues. If this is true then perhaps considering the hierarchy type city dwelling could be a better possibility since the statues would be above the townsfolk and seated at the base of the leaders. Almost as if saying that we approve of the leaders, obey them type of thought? Or the God's they had may have been used as a oppression type of thought process instead? Where they used fancy magics to convince the folk of God's, then took a rise to hierarchy from there. The English has always said that God Seated Kings. Perhaps then since history does repeat itself, this thought process is not as new to us as we may think? Of course this is pure imagination on my part. I haven't seen the site with my own eyes, nor can I say I know for sure. But if theory says we may have started over more times than imagined, perhaps then we are looking at a previous Dark-Ages or Medieval age type of structure, not just in stone, but also in thoughts? Also, If they did use wood as a base for a housing structure. Is it a far stretch to say that their housing may have burnt down long ago? Leaving behind residue on the bottom of the statues?

However on the other hand, If the structure isn't finished yet. Could something more catastrophic happen to cause the workers to leave suddenly? I did see some mention in the thread about another type of structure like this that can be found in the depths of the ocean. I do have to ask slayer since it is mentioned in one of your threads on Melanesian/Jomon Ancient peoples. You had felt that there was a possibility that an Ancient people had simply migrated through on their way to Japan and the surrounding Islands. And as they migrated they had left behind places they had chipped away at. Do you find it possible that what we are looking at is more of a sudden event that may have caused the peoples to leave the area and abandon their work? Also, Considering the area of the Melanesian/Jomon, There could have been a rush of water that had pushed them towards the inlands, causing them to abandon their works. How do you feel about this sort of theory over the two similar structures?
Of course the under-sea advancement was most likely due to water. This one is upon a high-altitude. Perhaps more of an earthquake, or an ancient magma chamber or vein might have risen and since gone down at this point in time? Yosemite park is experiencing a shift in magma chambers at this time leaving the volcano dormant. However considering the sites age perhaps the remnants of a vein or chamber is non-exhistant? Also is it too far a stretch to consider the possibility of a water-level rising causing a scare? Just a few thoughts.

What do you think? Is it too far of a stretch? Or a could be possibility?
edit on 7-11-2012 by ProgramSiberia because: No reason given

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
My guess woudl be that the mountain was 1 time much bigger and that they removed most of the stone for making their HUGE walls/buildings. And btw it looks very old (on top).

Reminds me about this (see video below, although much smaller), where you see kinda only left overs, where it seems that that whole rock was like 'melted' down, and from which they perhaps took out many ''building blocks''.

Otherwise some kind of mining? But as always it's basicly ''???''

Watch from 0.50.

edit on 8-11-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

As which those impressive walls found in Peru (example), where every stone fits in one another, it makes sense (for me), that they removed the stones from a mountain, side by side, so they could make a perfect fit. Kinda like slicing in cheese and when you make a wall from them using the sides on the same spot where you had cut them out (orginaly) to make a perfect fitting again when making the wall(s)/buildings.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Now I have read MOST of your replies but I want you to first consider something that you have NOT considered THUS FAR. As I have read this the structure you are seeing is 13,000 ft above the current sea level. Suppose
17,000 years ago this was at sea level. this site looks like a mining operation and the way they would get the stones to another site would be by water. Thats right water; the tracks in the center look like the tracks for some type of crane to move the stones from the mountain side where they are being cut to loading them onto ships to move them by water to their next destination. The other observation I want to make is about the lost continent of ATLANTIS which has been mentioned in various maps to have had God like creatures who lived on a continent between Asia and America that no longer appears on this planet. Now if the Pyramids could have been hidden for thousands of years by sand. Then a continent can be hidden by water. Just saying... by the way this article mentions Atlantis and Bolivia's ancient city Tiahuanacu,

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Tiahuanacu,
' The explorer/engineer Arthur Posnansky was the first European to explore it and dated its building approximately 15,000 BC. The city is a port city, complete with stone piers and wharfs. The surrounding area is covered with millions of sea-shells and fossilized sea flora.
An inland sea, Lake Titicaca, 15 miles from the city (and 12,400 feet above sea level), contains oceanic creatures such as sharks, telling that the ocean had not only once reached this height, but sharks and other ocean creatures have continued to live there.

IN THE ARTICLE THEY MENTION THAT CITY BEING 12,000 FEET ABOVE SEA LEVEL BUT THEY ALSO SAY 17,000 YEARS AGO IT WAS AT SEA LEVEL. Now I can't speculate on how your blocks were cut but I HAVE A GOOD BELIEF ON HOW THEY WERE MOVED.....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by takeanotherlook2

I appreciate the reply.

You may find these threads of interest

Tiahuanaco, Puma Punku the real mystery

Who Were the Ancient Megalithic Builders?
edit on 11-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by takeanotherlook2

Howdy

Posnansky made an estimate based on measurements, at the time he didn't realize or take into account the highly disturbed nature of the site, later more accurate methods determined an age 1/17 of his

Nope not a sea port but nearby is river port for navigation on the lake. Yep there are lots of millions x (lots of years) old shell fossils in that area. Ah no the area didn't lift up thousands of meters recently. I suggest looking at the sediment samples taken from Lake Titicaca itself

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join