It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Obama been planning a coup to seize DC during election time?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Maybe this could help you out.

en.wikipedia.org...'état

A coup d'état (English: /ˌkuːdeɪˈtɑː/, French: [ku deta]; plural: coups d'état; translation: strike (against the) state, literally: strike/blow of state)—also known as a coup, putsch, and overthrow—is the sudden, illegal deposition of a government,[1][2][3][4] usually by a small group of the existing state establishment—typically the military—to depose the extant government and replace it with another body, civil or military. A coup d'état is considered successful when the usurpers establish their dominance. When the coup neither fails completely nor succeeds, a civil war is a likely consequence.
A coup d'état typically uses the extant government's power to assume political control of the country. In Coup d'État: A Practical Handbook, military historian Edward Luttwak states that "[a] coup consists of the infiltration of a small, but critical, segment of the state apparatus, which is then used to displace the government from its control of the remainder." The armed forces, whether military or paramilitary, are not a defining factor of a coup d'état.

But perhaps if that is not enough, you could study some historical coups and point out to yourself which tactics and factors determine wether or no they are successful in the history books.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

I know what a coup is and how they have played out in history. Now I am not saying it's not possible, I'm just saying that your list of examples could mean many things and it is not logical to jump to the conclusion that a coup is underway by Obama and his Marxist minions.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

NDAA.......I think you missed that one....Obama's insistence that it contain the detention clause.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I just thought of this too, to add to the subject.

Since Congress is no longer in session, President Obama conveniently does not have the power to declare war. Even though an ambassador to the US has been assassinated, which is a declaration of war, the administration has finally recognized that it was an act of terror. The Obama administration will not need to declare war and can't since Congress has been adjourned.

That means, whatever happens in the middle east, from now until January there will not be any intervention from the US. It also means that Israel is effectively on it's own right now considering Iran.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Well the nature of this thread is to determine wether or not a coup is underway and why or why not. Not me stating that their is one underway.

Either way I appreciate your input.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Thanks for adding that.

Way to many things have happened, so I could not list them all.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Has Obama been planning a coup to seize DC during election time?,
Fine let him have it. It would give the other 49 states the perfect chance to secede from the corporation that the US is.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Sorry but this is not going to happen. The puppet masters are way to smart for that. They know it would cause a civil war. Why would they want that when they still have the slaves working happily on the plantation who continue to give them the bulk of their wealth blissfully unaware they are slaves...

edit on 22-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

As much as I disagree with Obama on policy, I doubt very much that a coup will take place.

He'll lose the election and Romney will win and be POTUS and then we can all speculate on the Mormon Mafia 4 years from now.

Just my humble opinion.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It certainly looks like the Democrats at least have suspending elections on their minds in any event. Quote : I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won’t hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover,” Perdue said at a rotary club event in Cary, N.C., according to the Raleigh News & Observer. “I really hope that someone can agree with me on that

dailycaller.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
While I agree with the OP and believe their is in fact a power grab going on in DC by Obama and his handlers we really need to place the blame squarely where it belongs and that is with congress. Obama is one man and yes the fact is that he is POTUS however that does not give him unilateral, ungoverned power to do as he wants. In fact while everyone claims that the POTUS is the most powerful office in the land it is not true.

Under the safeguards and design of the Constitution he has very limited power, the true power in government lies with congress. However our congress has willingly and purposefully handed that power over to Obama and in all reality, by thwarting the duty.of their office have nullified the checks and balances of our 3 branch government.

I must say that there is something very suspicious about congress leaving early given the state of affairs in our nation. I somehow do believe that we are going to see some form of usurpation in the coming months and possibly sooner. The vast majority of those in congress are, regardless of the letter behind their name, in league with TPTB that are seeking to cripple America in anyway possible. The reason for the destruction of the American way is simple, its to destroy the biggest symbol of liberty and freedom in the world. It would be extremely difficult to institute a true NWO and one world government that dictates what you can and cannot do, say, think, own, want, and desire when you have a world superpower that signifies that those are the true rights of mankind.

As far as who would enforce the dictatorial laws of a Marxist Obama regime, well there are plenty that would, from UN "peacekeepers", to private security firms to any paramilitary group that sides with TPTB and Obama.

Shortly after my discharge from the Navy I signed up for an 18 month employment contract with a private security contract firm, I will not go into details of who it was or what my job duties were or where. I did the contract because due to injuries I suffered to an eye I was no longer considered physically fit for duty but I still wanted the excitement of doing what I had trained to do and since I had the training and security rating I was offered the contract.

Some of the things I witnessed while working for this contractor made my skin crawl, and some of the ideals they had concerning just how far they would go and what they would be willing to do for a price really opened my eyes to the power of greed. It wasn't just the higher ups within the agency either, many of the contractors I worked with had no qualms about doing questionable acts as long as the pay was good. I ended up breaking my contract after 9 months, taking the tax hit for early severing of my obligation and tried to forget the things I witnessed and heard.

These are the kind of people that would be more than willing to enforce martial law and tyrannical ideals.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
You can also add Executive Order 13603 to the list (National Defense Resources Preparedness). This is from March 16th, and it essentially means the abolition of private property in the US- with it all being appropriated by the government if the government deems it necessary.
edit on 22-9-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Why don't you tell your story? People need to hear this sort of thing to be aware and know what they are up against. How does it help our country to keep it quiet? Would you fear for your life and your family of you did? I take it you were a Seal perhaps? Write a book?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Why don't you tell your story? People need to hear this sort of thing to be aware and know what they are up against. How does it help our country to keep it quiet? Would you fear for your life and your family of you did? I take it you were a Seal perhaps? Write a book?

Not a SEAL, I was a SWCC Operator for almost 16 years. We were still under NSWCOM, USSOCOM, and SecNav command and our operations were tied with primarily with ST's but also would coordinate with various SOF's from other branches.

I don't tell my story because there is nothing about any of it that I choose to relive and try not to remember. Its not out of fear of my safety of that of my family, we are safe and will be for the most part. Rather its due to the fact that I've come to realize now in my older years that some, not all of the things I did when I was younger under the assumption of "Duty to my country" were wrong on so many levels and I have made peace with it and have moved on with my life and don't want to rehash it.

I'm not saying I did terrible things while under Naval command, we were a small unit with specific high priority targets, and myself and my crewmen served honorably and with valor and virtue. However when a private firm is allowed to write the rules of their engagement with no accountability to congress then you have problems and the private contractors were and still are a problem, and would be a large problem under the right, specific circumstances.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Fair enough however if you're at peace with it as you say why would you not want to benefit your fellow man by sharing so he knows what he is up against? Sounds to me like you are running from it not at peace with it? I am not trying to upset you just giving my perspective... At least tell us what the contractor/s were doing and you do not have to reveal names places etc. People need to know this stuff is for real and real life accounts can help with that.

I'll leave it at that as it is up to you of course...

edit on 22-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
president bush emperor for life !

whoever gets elected next will bring about mashall law and we're all doomed !!!!

enough with the fear mongering

understand some people take it seriously and it effects thier lives

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Just to clarify, I don't trust ANY politician, but Obama gutting NASA says something, no-one is that stupid unless they know something we don't. UFOs people, there is a cover up and something will happen, I don't know when but it will

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
He does not need to do that. he has all the power.
he will make it so he wins the election. rig the votes.
he will disepear any one who stands in his way.
thats what all the powers are for.
after 4 more years. it will be far to late to do Any thing at all.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I believe the GOP were told to run idiots, that stood no chance of beating TPTB's poster boy. Even though Romney has the appeal of road kill, he is a worthy opponent to the mind controlled Obama who is the craziest pres ever. Obama constantly does the opposite of what he says he will do. His head is covered in scars, including one shaped clearly as the Star of David. The NDAA was clearly an act of treason and he is fighting to make it law. It is hard to imagine a greater charlatan. Voting for Obama gives Americans a bad name. Are you people completely stunned? If for no other reason, Obama will be reelected because he has hired a company, owned by George Soros, to count the Nov. presidential vote in Spain. If the voters don't toe the mark, vote counts will be "adjusted accordingly". I realize that this is an awfully bitter pill to swallow and most will respond "talk to the hand". The election is over but Obama could win even bigger, if someone doesn't button Mitt's lip, you know, the man who only opens his mouth, to change feet.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb All Obama needs to do is appoint them to different positions within the structure of his hand picked cabinet and then we have a coup.

I dont think you understand what you are writing..

A coup occurs to attain power, Obama is the POTUS.

Maybe Obama wants to be the Grand Poo Bah of the WaterBuffalo Club, I wouldnt vote for him if he did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join