It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible solution for mideast peace, from an old sci fi movie.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Its actually very simple. Both the United States and Russia park two nuclear subs in the Persian gulf. We keep the region under constant surveillance using spy satellites. In the event of aggression by ANY country in the region, both the US and Russian subs launch a nuclear strike against the aggressor, utterly destroying them. In other words, if Iran attacks Israel, or Israel attacks Iran, the attacking country is totally destroyed. It has the effect of making war unthinkable. The idea was first submitted in the 1951 movie The Day the Earth stood still. The details can be worked out, and we don't need permission of the parties as this is a move to preserve world peace. IF both countries realize that their aggression will result in their destruction, it could make them start to behave in a civilized manner.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Who nukes US and Russia afterwards?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
how about the rest of the world parks two nuclear subs off he coast of new york and los angeles, and if america doesn't behave itself and stop disturbing world peace with its non stop invasions, it gets nuked back to the stone age.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Just out of curiousity, what nationality are you?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
so isreal just makes it look like iran attacked them

oops

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

IF both countries realize that their aggression will result in their destruction, it could make them start to behave in a civilized manner.

Great concept for sure, and star and flag for you, but isnt this how it pretty much already is? I mean, if Iran OR Israel were to carry out a strike, they are both ALREADY looking at mutually assured destruction by each others hand are they not?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
You must have a strange conception of what "peace" is. Forcing the rest of the world to play by one set of rules under threat of annihilation doesn't sound even remotely peaceful.

But maybe it's just me...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisToiletEarth

Well who would be THAT foolish?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
how about the rest of the world parks two nuclear subs off he coast of new york and los angeles, and if america doesn't behave itself and stop disturbing world peace with its non stop invasions, it gets nuked back to the stone age.

Country Warheads active/total[nb 1] Year of first test CTBT status[4] The five nuclear-weapon states under the NPT United States 2,150 / 8,000[2] 1945 ("Trinity") Signatory Russia 1,800 / 10,000[2] 1949 ("RDS-1") Ratifier United Kingdom 160 / 225[2] 1952 ("Hurricane") Ratifier France 290 / 300[2] 1960 ("Gerboise Bleue") Ratifier China n.a. / 240[2] 1964 ("596") Signatory Non-NPT nuclear powers India n.a. / 80–100[2] 1974 ("Smiling Buddha") Non-signatory Pakistan n.a. / 90–110[2] 1998 ("Chagai-I") Non-signatory North Korea n.a. /

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThisToiletEarth

You mean other then Willard Romney? And then who nukes them and then...
edit on 22-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This is a good solution, for the world. I once posted in a thread about what would you do with a starship from star trek or something, or technology from it.

I would orbit earth and issue a warning. If any country attacks any other, I launch photon torpedoes and decimate all parties involved. You are attacked, contact me and I will destroy your enemy. I see you building an army, I destroy you. Like the Iron man concept. Privatized earth security by way advanced weapon technology I would never share in the interest of peace.

Then when I was old I would seek out a replacement for myself amongst the planet. The most noble and virtuous person would be chosen and trusted to not use the star ship to take over the world or influence it.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Super duper star for that
Added as friend
Wish I could give you more

I think I love you actually

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

instead of empowering a single group, and risk them becoming a new elite

why not use the Great Convention from Frank Herbert's Dune chronicles?

Atomics

Atomics is the term used to refer to nuclear weapons in the Dune universe.[7] Like real-world nuclear weapons, atomics presumably derive their destructive force from nuclear reactions of fission or fusion, and Herbert notes that "radiation lingers" after their use.[7] However, the author never delves into the specifics of the technology or explores in detail how it may have evolved by the time of Dune's far-future setting.

In the initial Dune novels, the Great Houses of the Landsraad own "family atomics" as heirlooms, keeping a secure, hidden cache as weapons of last resort in their wars.[7] Though such possession is necessary to secure power, the use of atomics against humans violates the chief prohibition of the Great Convention, the "universal truce enforced under the power balance maintained by the Guild, the Great Houses, and the Imperium."[8] Paul Atreides notes in Dune that "The language of the Great Convention is clear enough:
Use of atomics against humans shall be cause for planetary obliteration."
The atomics themselves act as a military deterrent — any House which violates the Great Convention flagrantly (such as using atomics openly in warfare) faces the possibility of massive retaliation from any number of the other Houses.[7] As Paul notes via epigraph in Dune Messiah (1969), "any Family in my Empire could so deploy its atomics as to destroy the planetary bases of fifty or more other Families."[9]
en.wikipedia.org...

this would be extended to the use of biological and certain forms of chemical warfare particularly the use of DU or other radioisotopes.

It would empower everybody, no need for creating an org and a bureaucracy also once a quorum or majority of signatories achieved it would beome universal, and apply whether they agree or not, to nations[or planets in the future] that refuse to sign.
edit on 22-9-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

join