It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do not blame God, blame the Christian hypocrites!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Well, slavery hasnt been legal in almost 150 years. And when it was legal the slaves did not receive any wages.

Ahhhh.....BUT. they were fed and housed and clothed. And accepted.
Room and board in exchange for labor.
What happens to people who can't repay their creditors: Okay, fine, but you have to give up your home, or you have to volunteer for 4 years (or however long).

Indentured servant = Slave.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

They were fed and housed in much the same manner as cattle, they were viewed as property not employees. They were fed and housed to keep them alive. Laborers accepting work of their own volition isn't even in the same discussion as slavery.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by wildtimes

They were fed and housed in much the same manner as cattle, they were viewed as property not employees. They were fed and housed to keep them alive.

Who was it that said something to the effect that "Slavery was the best thing to happen to blacks, because it got them out of Africa" or something like that? I remember hearing that a long time ago, and just tried to track it down, but all I'm finding is something equally stupid recently said by "my" Congressman, Michele Bachman. Can't wait to vote against that idiot, lol.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
I had to leave every job because I couldn't keep my mouth shut about what I saw, and because it made me sick to be expected to be party to it.

I'm not an affiliated "Christian" per se, but I believe in doing the right thing, which I understand is presented as what he taught. So, yes, I agree with what Jesus Christ is reported to have said about treating others with kindness and disdaining material success....

You probably know Jesus more than many other Christians!

The problem with many real people I deal with is they treat 'making a living' as an entirely separate entity from being a Christian!

It just can't be, it's a non-Biblical belief/false understanding of the Bible!

How you treat worldly dealings will also reveal your relationship to God. To God these things are detestable - money, possessions, lust of the flesh, and the pride of life(you can pretty much guess what the 'pride of life' is). God did not mean it in relative terms, but in absolute terms!!

For God never once say animals are detestable by themselves!! Does anyone know the implications???!!

Sheep = NOT detestable!!
money, possessions, pride of life = detestable!!

You work hard for money, you therefore love money!! Even if you justify soul- winning your co- workers. Your earnings are not your rewards!! Your reward is eternal life!!! Your earnings goes back to the poor as much as possible!!! Therefore, even under a good salary, you live a very austere life, you live in poverty, cheapest homes, cheapest, most economic car, cheapest everything!!! Just so you can give more to the poor!!

Enact justice in this unjust evil world!!! Be the light of this world!!!

I am not telling these things as a rule or things to follow. No one must do these because I said so.... But this is a TEST!!!

Are you a professing Christian and claim to be have been reborn of the Spirit??? Then you'll do, you'll hunger, you'll have passion for the things of the Spirit even if no one tells/teaches you. Your new instincts, new nature as a new creation will manifest!! Your heart and you can lie to God, but your works, your fruits will betray you! You are NOT his seed!!
edit on 28-9-2012 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Honestly blame both, why? you ask well see "God" if he exists "he" doesn't care about the earth. because "He" has never tried to make this place any better. Humans make it worse everyday but do not care because they do not realize that "God" is mother earth. We all should worship her as the sacred planet she is.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by vlykan21
Honestly blame both, why? you ask well see "God" if he exists "he" doesn't care about the earth. because "He" has never tried to make this place any better. Humans make it worse everyday but do not care because they do not realize that "God" is mother earth. We all should worship her as the sacred planet she is.

He doesn't care about the earth? I guess you never read:

Revelation 11:16-18

16 And the twenty-four elders, who were seated on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshiped God, 17 saying:

“We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty,
the One who is and who was,
because you have taken your great power
and have begun to reign.
18 The nations were angry,
and your wrath has come.
The time has come for judging the dead,
and for rewarding your servants the prophets
and your people who revere your name,
both great and small—
and for destroying those who destroy the earth.”

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Never tried?? God instructed mankind through Jesus to make this place better - at least to the poor and the oppressed.

But His 'followers' corrupted the Gospel it is today, the popular gospel where most Christians are in so they can choose to enjoy life and ignore the poor.

God is not Earth, He is bigger than Earth, the Stars, the Galaxies. Whenever God speaks to me in visions, not caused by any mind-altering substances/diet, not even through fasting!, He brings me way way up there, in deep space in different parts of the Universe, stars, nebulas planets, and His voice comes from all directions.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

sorry man but i think u need to see someone for that. your so brainwashed its not even funny anymore. seek mental help.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The brainwashed could not help me.

And do you really think you worship Earth??

If you truly worship Earth, you'll be living in poverty as a lifestyle, maybe just keeping your computer and a few other things, even under a high salary, giving most away for 'Earth care' programs.

You'd be telling everyone like a lunatic to turn their lifestyles around and stop drilling/mining/reshaping/developing Earth all in the name of profit!

edit on 1-10-2012 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

not in the name of profit. in the name of nature and truth.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Well with the amount of money that the you-es g--v pocketed on there fake moon landing they could of instead feed the world many times over and still did their fake stanley kubrick movie shoot!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

not in the name of profit. in the name of nature and truth.

Oh did it came that way?

I should mean that any profit in terms of $$$ is evil and harming all creations (excluding inventions of man) if used selfishly.

Most must be given away through a lifestyle of poverty (very low carbon footprint) for the benefit of the poor and to the Gospel.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join