Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Do not blame God, blame the Christian hypocrites!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hope4peace
reply to post by ahnggk

I think a lot of folks would love to make cash donations to help the poor and needy, but our world is so corrupt that maybe most of those folks fear their donations would end up in the wrong pocket?!

I agree with what you are saying to a degree but what about christians that choose not to attend a church? Are they bad because they are'nt paying "their fair share" as you seem to be implying?

Do-it-yourself. Go travel, send you help directly to the poor, welcome them to your homes. You think it's too expensive work? then sell your SUV, get a small cheap(even used) car, move to a smaller/cheaper house, sell your big house, move to a hispanic neighborhood (cheaper property, no offense!). Sell your gadgets that is not being used for the Gospel. Eat less - eat to live, NOT live to eat!!. Quit all recreational activities, cancel your dream vacations, avoid extravagance, save electricity, water the best you can. Let's see if you can't still give much help to the poor!

"For I was a stranger and you welcomed me, for I was hungry and you fed me, for I was naked and cold and you clothe me, for I was in prison and you visited me!" Sounds like a personal touch!

You think it's dangerous traveling to 3rd world countries? "Those who find their life in this world will lose it, those who will lose their life for God's sake will keep it!"

Jesus does not demand your meager 10% tithes! He wants a lot more! Understand your Bible! If you give less than the best you can possibly give, you are risking your salvation!

@arnoldnonymous

But I can't help but feel you are pointing fingers and mocking the Christian world, what with every sentence finishing with 5 exclamation points. There are some church groups, however, that focus a whole lot of their resources on helping those in need. mormon.org... Laugh all you want about the beliefs of Mormons, they do a lot more than most to help others.

Wasn't John the Baptist and Jesus were also mocking the established 'Christian' religion then? In their time, they had the Old Testament, now we have the New Testament and many Christians are sadly still in the Old Testament!

John the Baptist was even worse, he called them "brood of vipers". Both he and Jesus were martyred by the established religion for their deeds. I really doubt they are 'soft' in their preachings, far from it!!!!!!!

Yes, I see the Mormons out in the streets. They do seem closer to God! Seriously!

I mean I was riding one time with a fellow Christian family in their SUV, they look down at the Mormons, in there bicycles, sometimes just walking, telling how deceived they were!!!

Have they realized how much deceived they are themselves by their SUV?????

@hope4peace

A meal given to a hungry person is only a quick fix....he will become hungry again. Love however brings happiness, motivation and a desire to thrive which will give more in the long run. Yes we need food to survive but love spreads a certain uplifting energy that will attract positive energy, positive people and positive situations.

The Gospel, does not give the desire to thrive... It gives the desire to preach the Truth at ALL COST even your own life!

Guess how Jesus preached the truth. He satisfied the physical needs first - food, healing, exorcism, then he preached the Gospel!

Can you teach someone dying of hunger love??? Can you teach a whole family, whole village all dying of hunger love without feeding them first??

Doesn't it look so ridiculous so heartless and so insulting??????

@Guitarplayer

Charity is every persons responsibility. The verses that you pointed out have one thing in common you saw and did nothing. It not the organized church's responsiblity it is each and every persons. Christ points out that the naked hungry sick and inprisioned are the basicis along with do not cause a child harm.

Would have been a lot better if they never attended church but instead searched for and took care of God's lost sheep all over the world. You won't go to hell by never attending a church built by human hands.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by ahnggk

"I blame both god and his screwed up followers- because if they work for him, they should have been fired a long, long time ago.

God cannot fire those who never worked for him."

At the rate things are going, he wont be getting any new workers, and his old ones are going on strike in droves.

Odd how the rich ones that are well off seem to stick around, tho.

I'm poor and i still stick around. Not an accurate statement there dood. All i want is my sins and failures forgiven, i ain't asking for a pot of gold, i never have and never will and i don;t ask for healing for myself either. if i have to die then so be it, but what i will do is ask on behalf of others so that they can partake of the blessings he showers on me whatever form they come in.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by shuar911
reply to post by ahnggk

The ignorants are skipping verses

edit on 24-9-2012 by shuar911 because: (no reason given)

Do not get me started on Rome man. If i had Samson's strength i'd tear the damned Vatican down pillar by pillar and send that false Melchizidek running naked through the streets with the fear of God on him. Most of their gold came from what the conquistadors stole from the aztecs and mayans.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by ahnggk

In those countries if the person doesn't take the job there will be 30 people in line after them that will. So again the "price of labor" is always determined by the worker. If an employer offer X for a job and no laborers agree to the terms the employer must raise the wage. Wages will always stay as low as the minimum people are willing to accept them.

Reality check:

About 50% of the world's population just thrive on 2.5 US$ per day. That is 20x less than the min wage ($58/day or 8 hr shift) in USA!!!

You know the sad part is?? The cost of fuel (petrol/diesel) is otherwise similar around the world, save for those who produce their own oil... The cost of food is similar!!

If they don't line up for a job, they starve to death, because they don't have an 'aid system' as many rich countries do.

If they do get a job for minimum wage, the lowest working classes will survive but miserably poor.

The world system is evil. Most Christians will disagree with me but I'll stand my ground. Your money is practically blood money!! I'm pretty sure if a prostitute offers you a large sum of money you would refuse!! If your boss did, you would not!! But I tell you, it's just as evil as the one coming from a prostitute!!

I wouldn't be surprised if the world system today that everyone is worshiping is THE BEAST and money everyone loves is the Mark of the Beast!! Money is controlling you!!

And those who speak against THE BEAST will be killed!!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Key2life

Truth be told your love is more precious a gift to the whole world then a million loafs of bread. Love spreads through out the whole human collective. You love one person and he feels that love so he spreads his love unto another until ad infinitum.

"Love" by itself is a vague term which can mean multiple things.
In this case, "love" needs to be expressed by giving in charity.
A person who's been starving for days would value a loaf of bread more than empty words about love.

Let me tell you a story..
Just yesterday, I was eating a chicken roll near the local supermarket... I spotted an old woman begging nearby... and I saw these wealthy people walking out of the supermarket with bags full of groceries. This old lady would just go up to these wealthy people, with folded hands hoping for some spare change. Most of them just ignored her and walked into their cars with their bags.

These rich folks could have easily spared her some a 10 rupee note, which is around 20 cents in American money. 20 cents! 20 bucks can buy her a decent meal. But they chose to ignore her . I bought her a little snack, had it wrapped in brown paper and walked up to her and placed that packet in her hands. You know what she did next? She immediately grabbed it, ripped the packet off and started devouring it.

You want to know what causes this kind of behaviour? Its this thing called hunger. It makes you lose your mind sometimes. Going up to a hungry person and telling them you love them would NOT mean anything to them.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

reply to post by MeTarzan

That "value of human labor" is what the laborer agrees to work for. If a person agrees to do a job for 100 dollars tbats the value of the labor. It's not some arbitrary number.

Human labor has always been undervalued. This was a little more obvious when the masses were forced into abject slavery and wore chains. What is the slave's labor worth? Whatever his or her master will pay them to keep them alive? What if the choice is between $5 a day, and starvation? Is it a "fair" wage simply because there's a surplus of labor? I understand it's "fair" as far as the godless master or worldly employer is concerned, but how does Jesus feel about it? Shouldn't that be your concern?

Judging by your avatar you call yourself a Christian, but you're using the economics and logic of demons. What is the source of worldly wealth if not human labor? If the source of worldly wealth is human labor, why are a small minority of humans so rich, and the majority of humans so poor?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I can relate a similar (tho reversed) version of that- what some of these "love love" people do:

A person my g/f knows (she calls this woman "Fluffy", because she is) was going to go to the homeless shelter *and read poetry*. Not help, not donate- read poetry. Having been homeless on more than one occasion, FOOD and supplies trumps someone reading verse!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Guess how Jesus preached the truth. He satisfied the physical needs first - food, healing, exorcism, then he preached the Gospel!

But- he didnt have a captive audience, like so many of the preachers and missionaries of today. He couldnt control them..

I had a preacher sell me the line of "he who doesnt work, doesnt eat" when all I asked for was my situation to improve slightly. Over the years- simple, normal prayer requests were met with "You think god is a vending machine!" As they praised jesus over the sale they found, the new 42" screen tv, new car, vacation......

What's really been telling is when every time I give a christian charity, they return the kindness by robbing me (and my g/f) blind! When assistance is needed- I've been forgotten and even accused of being too needy. I've been handed the god's timing/ god's blessing/ I am steeped in sin/ I dont tithe enough saw. I wont even start in on god's will / my will/ free will/ will riker, etc. I'll be here all day and night going on about *that* gem.

Ya wanna know what's even more awful? At least for the religion? I dropped christianity, we donate to a Buddha at a local asian store, and our lives have improved financially. We toss a couple bucks (all we can afford till a couple months from now), and Buddha gets to work in 2-3 weeks. Jesus? My prayers to him have been languishing for 22 years- unanswered, untouched, and uncared about. I'm NOT a Buddhist. (You do NOT wanna know what spell check just did to that word!) I'm as close to being a buddhist as congress is to balancing the budget.
Yet- their way of doing things has benefitted us. Immensely.
edit on 25-9-2012 by wylekat because: I am firing my spell check.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

What do you mean "money is controlling me"? I've never had money my whole life.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeTarzan

reply to post by MeTarzan

That "value of human labor" is what the laborer agrees to work for. If a person agrees to do a job for 100 dollars tbats the value of the labor. It's not some arbitrary number.

Human labor has always been undervalued. This was a little more obvious when the masses were forced into abject slavery and wore chains. What is the slave's labor worth? Whatever his or her master will pay them to keep them alive? What if the choice is between $5 a day, and starvation? Is it a "fair" wage simply because there's a surplus of labor? I understand it's "fair" as far as the godless master or worldly employer is concerned, but how does Jesus feel about it? Shouldn't that be your concern?

Judging by your avatar you call yourself a Christian, but you're using the economics and logic of demons. What is the source of worldly wealth if not human labor? If the source of worldly wealth is human labor, why are a small minority of humans so rich, and the majority of humans so poor?

What do you mean "undervalued"? If I don't want to work for X I don't take the job. If 5 people behind me accept that wage then the price of labor is determined by the laborer. If an employer finds no one willing to work for X he must increase. What one person sees as "nothing" the next person will be near tears for the opportunity to work for. In America 2$ a day is nothing, in the slums of India 2$ a day feeds a family of 5. It's silly to compare here to there when the cost of goods and services is completely different.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

"Love" by itself is a vague term which can mean multiple things.
In this case, "love" needs to be expressed by giving in charity.
A person who's been starving for days would value a loaf of bread more than empty words about love.

It's the 'new gospel' today that caters to those who loves wealth, money, and world - as long as you're nice, neat, clean cut, and don't tell me to part with my wealth, you're okay!!

They preach love that does not rebuke!! Love that is soft, nice, telling you, "your sins are okay, God loves you!!"

It's like telling someone who's blind and walking towards the edge of a cliff "it's okay, God loves you!!"

Of course, they themselves are also blind!! They can't see the danger their brother or sister is headed to. Otherwise, they'll be screaming at the top of their lungs STOP!!!!!!!!

You my brother, is the example of someone with a heart of flesh!

Today, people see videos, or pictures of people starving, they can't feel a thing!! They get maybe teary eyed for a couple seconds then forgetting all about it in an instant once the show is over and the barbeque is served!

The hearts of the many has gone cold indeed as Jesus prophesied!!

@metarzan

I'd like to correct you a little bit on this, but otherwise, I know where your heart is!

The source of worldly wealth/profit (probably most wealth/gold/money circulated) is indeed from human labor, but more specifically, the labor of the lowest working classes - those around min wage workers in 3rd world countries.

Profits are generated because labor of assembly line workers are ridiculously undervalued and the products they made are sold at a much higher cost than the cost to produce them! Same thing for mining industry - miners in Africa for example, Services industry in 3rd world countries, etc...

There was a documentary youtube video I watched about the evolution of slave-labor from the Roman Empire, to the one we have today, were almost all are enslaved to it!! I was browsing through my youtube bookmarks and could not find it.. It's probably one of those vids removed

If you have a heart of cold steel, you will not even realize it's happening today.....

....If you have "eyes to see, ears to hear and a heart of flesh" It's quite easy to see the world system today, and even as simple as the world economics is THE BEAST!!

The ANTICHRIST(S) - those who worship this Beast, gives voice to it, through those who teach that it's a good thing! That it's good to pursue a nice education, great career, get things for yourself, enjoy the world!

"Even my elect will be deceived!!!!!!!!
"

Does anyone even know who are the elect??? They are probably just a tiny percentage of your church!!

These are the ones who literally spend more time with God, than any worldly activity!!

So you, who just come to church every Sunday, for just two hours, and spend the rest of the week gossiping, making barbeques, steaks, looking for a new barbeque grill, shopping for new tyres, doing secular jobs, you think you know better than them?? You think you are more immune to deception than the elect??

But it's a sad thing that most of Christians today are deceived! Even before God woke me up, I was almost living the dream, great hobbies, great weekend getaways, great life.... It just never felt right!! There's just a beating sense in me who's probably the Holy Spirit - I am living in a fantasy world!! Every french fries I ate, another child has died of starvation!!! Every 5 seconds!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

What one person sees as "nothing" the next person will be near tears for the opportunity to work for. In America 2$ a day is nothing, in the slums of India 2$ a day feeds a family of 5. It's silly to compare here to there when the cost of goods and services is completely different.

Yay!! Living in slums in India sounds very fun!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

But- he didnt have a captive audience, like so many of the preachers and missionaries of today. He couldnt control them..

Jesus could not keep an audience not because he couldn't control them. It just didn't bother him a bit to preach the hard truth.

In John 6:66 many had left him because they were the antichrists

Probably not a joke... What caused Jesus to drive away his audience because he preached in John 6 about the nothingness of the things of the flesh!!

Things of the flesh - money, wealth, pride of life, and other cravings of the flesh. Jesus kept saying it over and over... It's like saying "your money will kill you!' repeat that 3x and everyone will think you've gone nuts!!

Today, Christians, preach the Gospel TOGETHER with what God calls 'Abominations' - things of the flesh, money, wealth, pride of life as if it's a good thing!!

Very antichristian teaching!!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Is it this video that you have been searching for:
The Story of Your Enslavement youtu.be...
If it is not the one you are thinking of this is a good one too, imo.
edit on 25-9-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

What one person sees as "nothing" the next person will be near tears for the opportunity to work for. In America 2$ a day is nothing, in the slums of India 2$ a day feeds a family of 5. It's silly to compare here to there when the cost of goods and services is completely different.

Yay!! Living in slums in India sounds very fun!!!

People do live there, you completely missed my point.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

"Even my elect will be deceived!!!!!!!!"

Does anyone even know who are the elect??? They are probably just a tiny percentage of your church!!

I'll bet ya they arent even IN a church. I'll double bet ya they arent even christian (by name, at least).

I feel the that the people that will not see wrath will not be bible beating church going fundies. They will be the homeless lunatic wandering the streets, the hardworking poor people down the road, the slightly off kindly lady who feeds the pigeons and the squirrels. It'll be people who rescue strays. It'll be the mentally retarded who can barely say hello. It'll be the drug addict who didnt get there by his own hand (yes, there ARE people like that).
People like that.

A LOT of christians will be going nuts wondering why "god abandoned them!"

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

Jesus could not keep an audience not because he couldn't control them. It just didn't bother him a bit to preach the hard truth.

In John 6:66 many had left him because they were the antichrists

Probably not a joke... What caused Jesus to drive away his audience because he preached in John 6 about the nothingness of the things of the flesh!!

Things of the flesh - money, wealth, pride of life, and other cravings of the flesh. Jesus kept saying it over and over... It's like saying "your money will kill you!' repeat that 3x and everyone will think you've gone nuts!!

Today, Christians, preach the Gospel TOGETHER with what God calls 'Abominations' - things of the flesh, money, wealth, pride of life as if it's a good thing!!

Very antichristian teaching!!

It's one of the things that drove me from the church (and ultimately, christianity). I'll spare you the long rant and sum it up: "If you dont have enough money, nice things and stuff, then you are a sinner, and God doesnt like you- and neither do we."

As for money killing? Oh yes. However, for the time being, it is a tool. It's like a hammer- you use it to hammer nails, you use it to pry nails. You can use it for other, related tasks. Is it good for say-eating noodles with? NO. How about toilet paper replacement? YIPE. Would you spank your kid with one? NO... well, I hope not...

It's the same with money. People who have more should be doing their fair share of helping out the far less fortunate. *listens to the political crowds on both sides make noise* The stuff is intrinsically worthless- but it does allow you to buy that sandwich for that starving person, a blanket for that cold person, etc. it does NOTHING locked up in a box (unless you're dirt poor and savings help out for emergencies). It does less in a bank- and only helps the rich (the bankers and govt).

On the surface, the prosperity teachings are music to the ears of the poor- until they find themselves suckered into paying out far more than the return they get (0). it's nothing more than a scam, really. Think about it. You're poor. you've just been told "god will make you happy and have money for food and clothes!" They leave out the tithing, the 'love offerings', the church membership fees, assorted other fees, "buy this book/ tape/ cd/ dvd/ religious item"...

And once the poor have been drained dry, they are no longer welcomed to the church or by "god". Been there, seen that.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Well, according to Jesus in John 6, "no man" can come to Him unless the Father "first draws him". So who are the elect? Anyone the Father is drawing to Christ and they come to Him. Christ goes on to say that He "will in no wise" cast out any man who calls upon His Name. That seems pretty clear to me, anyone drawn to Christ who calls upon His Name.

edit on 25-9-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

reply to post by ahnggk

"Even my elect will be deceived!!!!!!!!"

I'll bet ya they arent even IN a church. I'll double bet ya they arent even christian (by name, at least).

"The Elect" is a term used by Reformed theologians to refer to those who were predestined for salvation, so if that is the way that ahnggk is using it, no, you're wrong. If he's using it in another sense, perhaps, but if it's Reformed, no, the Elect would not be unchurched, nor would they be non-Christian, by definition of the term.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Let's forget denominationalism for a minute..the term "elect" is both in the old and new testaments, so I really don't think it does good scholastic justice to imply it's a term from the Reformation. It's use and denotation is independent of the 17th century.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join