It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love Robots versus Human Beings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The reason why love is so rare and valuable to an individual's life is because it can not be maintained. It can't be predicted. No one knows why, how, or when it will occur. When it does happen it's effects are life-changing. Love is a unique explosion of feelings.

The love robot is one who tells us all that love can be bottled and sold to everyone. The love robot exclaims that one can wake up in the morning, take their love medicine, then proceed throughout the day loving everyone they come in contact with. There are many who try to push this false view by splitting feelings into positive and negative, as only a robot can. The love robot speaks of negative and positive energy as if we are plugged into an outlet, or we run on some universal battery.

My life embraces seasons. I need my winters, springs, summers, and falls. I spice up my nourishment with salts, peppers, and herbs. After an indifferent summer, I leap in joy for an autumn of love. After a dish overwhelmed with rosemary, I appreciate the subtlety of one with just the right amount of garlic. I have to feel bad to appreciate the good.

So I'm against the love robots who would try to sell me a home in the desert, or a meal with no taste. These are my tiny thoughts today on a beautiful rain-swept morning.

Thanks for reading me!
trysts

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The reason why love is so rare and valuable to an individual's life is because it can not be maintained. It can't be predicted. No one knows why, how, or when it will occur. When it does happen it's effects are life-changing. Love is a unique explosion of feelings.
reply to post by trysts

While I understand what you mean, I've got to disagree just a little.

My ideas about love changed when my son was born. That's truly unconditional love, and it will always be there. He could become the next horrible monster, and I'd still love him

The rest of your post is spot on. S from me.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Thanks, smyleegrl! Yes, I've never had a child, so I can't speak on that subject. I was ranting more against the "we should all love everyone" crowd

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I have another word for the "love robot" but it would be against the TnCs to mention it! Aha

I've learnt a lot about love over the last 3 years, love for family members, and spouses.

I thought I was in love once, but looking back now, I didn't even know the definition!
These days, I'm so far away from loving some one, I fear I never will.

In regards to family love, I was always raised to believe blood is thicker than water, and that's a bond I could never escape.

Now I know, that regardless of we share similar biology or not, my closest friends have more unconditional love from me, than my family could ever. You can choose your friends, not family after all.

I suppose it depends on if you let biology rule your emotions, but the way I see it, any one can make a baby, and you can be born to anyone.

You can inject half nurture into them, but there's half nature already in them from conception, and you can't change that.

If I gave birth to a future peadophile for example, I'd have no qualms in castrating him my self. Although, if I raised a decent human being, I'm sure that love bond would be as strong as Smyleegrl mentions.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Hi, Sinny.
Yes, love for family was not even in my mind when I wrote the OP, because I put that under respect for family(again, not one's own child as I have not had that experience). I say to my mother that I love her, but that's only because it's how we talk to each other since I was able to speak.

When leaving the nest, and being on my own in the world, I found out what love was in the great big world. It was a private affair between me and one I wanted to be with, wanted to know, and wanted to embrace.

I kind of understand when you say that you don't know whether "it" was love, when you had a past experience, Sinny. It's really up to you to decide whether it was or not. But, since love, to me, is a whole bunch of feelings for a certain person, then saying "I love you", doesn't really clarify anything. I could see having doubts about labeling an intimacy with the word "love".

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Understood.

I love my parents, who are wonderful people. I love my students, who are to young to be corrupted. I love my husband, who's indefatigable kindness and support is my bedrock.

But that love pales in comparison to how I feel about my son.

I guess it's one of those things you have to experience to understand.

Still a great thread, though!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Oh boy when I clicked on this link I was expecting something totally different. (Anyone ever watched Chobits knows what I am referring to LOL) Ya Ill agree love is a tough one to explain just like Artificial Intelligence. You can mimic some things but that's not a replacement for the actual item at hand. Be thankful for what and who you have no matter the circumstance. It could be worse at any given moment. Hate is not something that anyone or anything needs right now in this time period we live in. Especially being so close to the end of 2012.... and the beginning of 2013. Love robot is kinda a weird notion. however I do understand what you mean. Others might not.
Ill take a love robot over a hate robot any day though!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Thanks for the responses ya'll

top topics

join