It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contrails Return to Southern California

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I picked a poor place to live for someone obsessed by contrails. During the summer you get contrails here in Los Angeles about as often as it rains - which is basically never.

But yesterday I was down at Venice Pier, taking photos of an arriving space ship, and I noticed that things are starting to change, the contrails are coming back, winter is coming, and with winter comes the slightly more frequent rains, and hence contrails.

What does this mean in the "chemtrail" world? Well, every summer the conspiracists notice this lack of contrails, and start going on about how the spraying has stopped, and they start theorizing about how there's this new type of spraying that leaves no trails, or they will say that "they" have stopped spraying over land and have started spraying over the ocean.

Then when summer ends, every year, those same conspiracists will notice that the trails are back, and they start going on about how the spraying has started again, and how obviously the invisible spraying did not work out, so "they" went back to the tried and trusted persistent trails, or they came back in from spraying over the ocean.

Then next year summer will arrive, and the trails will stop again, and again they will update their theories to explain that.

Year after year it repeats. Eventually (for some sooner than others) they will realize it's just the weather, and perhaps then they will realize that these are not actually some chemtrails, part of some evil plot to take over organic farming, control the weather, and kill everyone. They are actually just contrails.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
That's just funny. You are obviously bored or have nothing to do to claim this nonsense. UNTIL this summer, Northern Nevada/Tahoe was sprayed 3 summers in a row on an almost daily basis.
You can say anything you want,but it doesn't make it true.
About 10 of us watched it ALL te time.
Period.

Have fun just making things up. Your pics don't validate anything. Yep, Those look like 'contrails."

There's a difference and this subject is just old.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
That's just funny. You are obviously bored or have nothing to do to claim this nonsense. UNTIL this summer, Northern Nevada/Tahoe was sprayed 3 summers in a row on an almost daily basis.

Different places have different weather, and hence different patterns of contrail seasonality (and it's not alwasy connected to the weather on the ground). I'm talking about Southern California here (and specifically Los Angeles). Some of the top chemtrail promoters like Michael J. Murphy (of "What In The World Are They Spraying" fame) live in Los Angeles.

Here's the difference in precipitation between the two places. Notice how Los Angeles has a much more dramatic difference in winter/summer than Reno does.

edit on 22-9-2012 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
They have returned? Where did they go and how long were they gone?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
They have returned to North Florida as well.

I think they are being used to prevent it from raining in certain areas.

Last summer I saw trails for months and during that time it rarely rained, when typically we would have had a lot of rain regularly.

This summer we had barely any trails and our regular afternoon showers?

Now I wonder if the Midwest had a lot of trails this summer. That could explain the drought.

But why would anyone do such a thing? Geo-engineering should be used to help us, not hurt us.

edit on 22-9-2012 by IndieA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You know, sometimes it is just contrails. And sometimes, it is not. Military chaff is commonly sprayed over our skies, it is well-known, documented thoroughly, and it is no secret.

As far as chemtrails are concerned, however, the chaff used in military training exercises is the only kind that comes into play. Combat chaff is not approved for use in the U.S. because it interferes with civilian radar.

The most commonly used "training" chaff consists of aluminum-coated fiberglass or silica fibers made as small and lightweight as possible. The strands look like tiny, shiny hairs. Each strand (dipole) is between 17.8 and 25.4 microns in diameter, much thinner than the average human hair, and less than an inch long,
The dipoles have a chemical slip coating to prevent clumping, made up mostly of stearic acid. There are also trace metals in chaff.
Some warn that chaff contains lead or naphtha, but this is not true. Naphtha is used in part of the chemical-coating process, but removed at a later stage. Certain kinds of tinfoil chaff used to have a lead-based coating designed to increase flutter. This technique has not been used since the early '80s. (3)

Chaff (whether combat or training) is not sprayed like exhaust nor dumped like fuel. Typically, it is spread by motor ejection, mechanical ejection or pyrotechnic ejection. In motor ejection, a motor located on the aircraft feeds large rolls of uncut chaff through cutters at varying speeds to produce either bursts of chaff or a steady stream of it ("saturation chaff"). Mechanical ejection releases little cardboard boxes packed with chaff, which burst open upon release from the aircraft. Pyrotechnic ejection is the most popular method. It uses hot gases generated by an explosive impulse cartridge to push a small plastic piston along a chaff-filled tube. The chaff fibers are released while the tube stays on the aircraft.
Depending on the type of chaff, the method of dispersal and the number of aircraft, chaff releases can disperse billions of fibers in a 10-minute period. (3)

swallowingthecamel.blogspot.com...

Also from the same site:

Okay, anyway, chaff dispersal by the military is not really a secret. The military won't discuss it openly, but the General Accounting Office provides basic information about it upon request. Let's move on to the important questions about it.

If it's an anti-radar measure, why is chaff being sprayed over countries by their own military planes?

Three primary reasons:
1. Because military pilots, as part of their training, must learn how to mask their planes by creating false radar images. Air Force Colonel Gerald Pease has explained that chaff is difficult to use effectively; it takes a lot of practice.
2. Because the military is testing their own radar systems.
3. Because it is used in combat training exercises.

Remember, this is not combat-grade chaff, but lighter and smaller "training" chaff.

It is in the air, and we are breathing it. I have a hard time believing that it is "harmless". Some say that the military chaff story is a cover-up for more nefarious spraying that goes on.

I do know that weather modification spraying does go on (I live close by a company who does weather modification out here in Texas, but they're doing a crappy job, as far as I can tell).

People aren't stupid, they can tell the difference between harmless condensation trails, and those that have something in them besides water.

What I find fascinating is, the individuals who keep saying "it's NOTHING by condensation", while completely ignoring the well-documented fact that crap is sprayed into our air. The military's own studies (like I trust those...NOT) say that the fibers sprayed by training chaff are too large to be inhaled...but they do admit that degraded training chaff, when stirred up by wind or storms, can most definitely be inhaled.

docs.google.com...:UDtiPiDxIeYJ:www.agriculturedefensecoalition.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/6Q_2001_17C_NAVY_CHAFF_IMPACTS_RE PORT_2001.pdf+Human+and+environmental+health+issues+related+to+use+of+radio+frequency+chaff&hl=en&gl=ca&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgCJ66Q80Evu20rsDov7gibbtHcY G_T5tytCUlYOJ4zzK8QEPGw8pXAI45qvUQp48zabH33rQdReaB0GE_jDp6HjjZ1FFlrcKpBnoO39rPC_4xR9zswmwNEyqiK8eYeq-v_HYfK&sig=AHIEtbRVDlv2QV2LRzNBJcozTEY8q_NMKA

Why the disinformation campaign to deny what is well known? What in the world are they hiding??

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

What I can't understand is how you mix three different disciplines into one thing?

Chaff is chaff, no mystery here, we all know what it is and how it is used.

Weather modification is weather modification, again no mystery.

Chemtrails are supposedly sprayed to make lingering trails that spread out.

How are these three things related? Planes? Sky? People in planes in the sky? What? You tell me?

This is my problem with the chemtrail conspiracy, theorists keep jumping from one thing to another.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
You see, what I'm saying contradicts the OP.

Last summer here, we had a lot of trails and almost no rain and this year the opposite.

Lately, the trails are showing again and I have noticed at least three times in the last two weeks, that when there are trails, it doesn't rain those days, even though it looks like it will.

I don't think the correlation is between the trails and rain, but between the trails and the lack of rain.
edit on 22-9-2012 by IndieA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

That's because weather manipulation, (geo-engineering) exist and is very likely being used, but it's classified so there is a lot of disinformation and attempts to keep it covered up.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA

That's because weather manipulation, (geo-engineering) exist and is very likely being used, but it's classified so there is a lot of disinformation and attempts to keep it covered up.

Again there are two disciplines being mixed here, 'weather manipulation' is a known science and used on a small scale whilst 'geo-engineering' is a different beast altogether.

Why do you mix the two?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

You can say anything you want,but it doesn't make it true.

That works both ways,but then you go on to say this...

About 10 of us watched it ALL te time.

How does that make it anymore valid than the OP showing pics of contrails and telling you what they are?

There's a difference and this subject is just old.

I hear this all the time, yet can't seem to get anyone to explain how this is done, care to show the rest of us this difference?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Just a quick question for you...

Has your temperature been a bit cool in the morning, or for that your daily highs have they been cooler?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

Originally posted by IndieA

Again there are two disciplines being mixed here, 'weather manipulation' is a known science and used on a small scale whilst 'geo-engineering' is a different beast altogether.

Why do you mix the two?

I was thinking that they are the same but now that you mention it, it is better stated that weather manipulation is a branch of geo-engineering.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by IndieA

Just a quick question for you...

Has your temperature been a bit cool in the morning, or for that your daily highs have they been cooler?

Yes, somewhat. We have still had a lot of heat and humidity in the afternoons though.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Your right there is weather modification happening, but they call it cloud seeding and it isn't close to being classified.

www.weathermodification.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by IndieA

Your right there is weather modification happening, but they call it cloud seeding and it isn't close to being classified.

www.weathermodification.com...

In fact it's so un-classified that they have been announcing it in the classified ads sections of local newspapers for the last 60 years.

Wait.... maybe people thought it was classified, because it was a classified ad?

edit on 22-9-2012 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

When you say that chaff is being breathed in, how can that be? I can imagine people Chewing it, swallowing it or choking on it,but BREATHING it in? Surely impossible?

Also, how is it possible for chaff to leave a continuous white trail across the sky? Chaff is emitted in bursts as far as I am aware so getting confused between chaff and contrails is surely also impossible?
edit on 22-9-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Cloud seeding may be unclassified but there are other aspects to geo-engineering that aren't like what is being done with HAARP tech.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Cloud seeding may be unclassified but there are other aspects to geo-engineering that aren't like what is being done with HAARP tech.

And what exactly is HAARP tech being used for?

If you think it is manipulating the weather you might want to read this as it comes from our own resident weather expert...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-9-2012 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

HAARP can create a dome in the ionosphere. There is plenty of evidence for how this can manipulate the weather. I've spent time proving this before and people always want to argue. I've got better things to do today but I will at least post a video. Like I said, the disinfo is out there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join