It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Silent Over Demands to Denounce ‘Piss Christ’ Artwork

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Yes, people can convert to Christianity. 'When true conversion happens one becomes a "new man" with a "new heart".
You will know them by their fruit.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Wow is the hypocrisy from the Obama haters on ATS finally at a level that is beyond insane and nowhere near anything one can take seriously.

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE WANT OBAMA TO SPEAK OUT AGAINST FREE SPEECH IN AMERICA?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1PLA1
reply to post by ColoradoJens

A potus that bows to muslim leaders, gives public speeches praising muslim leaders and muslim nations, while apologizing for America...and he isn't muslim???? Get real. Once a muslim always a muslim!

As for the sec. of state...shall we harken back to the Clinton era and the obvious bias for muslim countries and against Israel? Do not believe that was all Bill and Hillary had no voice in his policies.

Riiiight. So when Obama bowed to China he's now Chinese? What do you mean "apologizing for America?" I haven't heard that speach yet - last I checked we are still in Iraq, still at war in Afghanistan and he has killed more "terrorists" by drone than any other President. Did he apologize for bombing Lybia or killing Osama Bin Laden?

And by your logic if the secretary of state supports Isreal (which she does) she is Jewish? Now that's some thinking right there.

BTW, what do you have against Muslims?

CJ
edit on 23-9-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I give credit where credit is due. All things I posted have continued under the stewardship of the Obama administration.

Did someone else create this?

Yes.

But we don't blame Smith & Wesson for a shooting that took place today. We blame the one holding the weapon.

Nice to know there is no reason to take you seriously ever again.
You say Obama is clamping down on free speech in a thread blasting Obama for NOT CONDEMNING FREE SPEECH.

Yeah, that was slick.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wascurious

Scuse me??????

I would prefer that Obama speak out FOR free speech in America.

It seems that all he is capable of doing is kissing muslim b#tt.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Anyone who calls a piece of art blasphemous should reorganize his priorities and put his own superstitions behind the rights of a living human being for once. No deities were offended by this art or any art and it is bloody blasphemous to insinuate it so.

The religious are constantly putting down their God's creation, that of nature, earth and it's living inhabitants, by disrespecting this existence in favour of another. Imagine the hurt feelings of the artist, in this case God, as his followers and disciples spit on his masterpiece.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

It seems we live in two different worlds.
I see no point arguing with you since you have your head in the sand.

All I can say is that Obama's arrogant and sarcastic rhetoric toward the American public is sickening.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

It seems we live in two different worlds.
I see no point arguing with you since you have your head in the sand.

All I can say is that Obama's arrogant and sarcastic rhetoric toward the American public is sickening.

Yep. Claiming Obama is a Muslim and I have my head in the sand. Born again Christians, as you say are know by their fruit. Apparently some are also know for their nuttiness.

CJ

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

reply to post by wascurious

Scuse me??????

I would prefer that Obama speak out FOR free speech in America.

It seems that all he is capable of doing is kissing muslim b#tt.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
This thread is complaining that Obama is not condemning free speech.

Where the # are you reading this?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Does this piece feature the same urine from 1987? Or does it get a refill of more up to date pee? My God, the thing must reek.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Why would the White House have anything to do with artists with arguably poor taste, art galleries with arguably poor taste, and what is allowed or not allowed in a particular state and city? Are these the same people that backed the pastor that was burning Korans? You can't stamp out stupidity, on either side. The White House has NOTHING to do with this issue. If a person doesn't want to see the art, they shouldn't see it. If we take away funding for the arts, we must take it away from all the arts. It's First Amendment stuff, silly as it is.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

1989 ?

I remember it even though I was a kid at the time. The outrage was there. It's now 2012 dude.

SERIOUSLY ?

edit on 23-9-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Seriously, I'm a Christian and this whole thing is idiotic. If some guy gets his rocks off on making a piece of art, just to make people mad let him, but don't let him goat you into getting pissed. If no one would have protested it then the guy would have just been some idiot who dipped is fingertips into a jar of piss.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigcountry08
Seriously, I'm a Christian and this whole thing is idiotic. If some guy gets his rocks off on making a piece of art, just to make people mad let him, but don't let him goat you into getting pissed.

Well now, you have my respect.

I wish more people practiced that balanced and reasonable approach. I'm not even practicing any religion at this point, but I've always thought that God Almighty wouldn't care even a bit about a jar, a video or about most of the idiotic stuff that keeps us humans occupied for no reason at all. If anything, He would frown at us for being petty.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

A potus that bows to muslim leaders, gives public speeches praising muslim leaders and muslim nations, while apologizing for America...and he isn't muslim???? Get real. Once a muslim always a muslim!

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that I spent way more time living in Muslim countries and interacting with actual Muslims than you did.

And so my verdict is clear: you are full of it. You have no idea what you are talking about. Period.

As for the sec. of state...shall we harken back to the Clinton era and the obvious bias for muslim countries and against Israel? Do not believe that was all Bill and Hillary had no voice in his policies.

Last time I checked, Bill has proclaimed that he's willing to grab a rifle, jump into a trench and defend Israel. Apparently, this is not enough for you, which I find a little disturbing. You didn't even know that? Well don't color me surprised.

What else do you want from Americans? Seriously? We already act against our best interests supporting Israel in all and any of its policies and practices, what exactly do you want us to do above and beyond that?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Well I don't know about God not careing, all I know is that I wouldn't want to be standing next to him when he gets judged spending eternity in a giant bottle of piss dosent sound like much fun if you ask me.LOL

all I can think of is Jesus face palming as hes reviewing this guys life, as hes slowly dipping the crucifics into that jar.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

But It's not wasting his time apologizing for a supposed video on Youtube that Muslims find offensive? But it is if it's any other religion, not a peep? How does that work?
What's good for the goose, is good for the gander!

If the president wants to play religious defender, he has to hold to it for all religions, not just the ones he likes, otherwise he is discriminating against all other religions.
That is why he should have never said anything in the first place.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Why should the WH/Obama comment on this? I thought Republicans are for small government. The executive branch making moral pronouncements on every art exhibit is not small government.

And why aren't these same Republicans, who all claim to be Christians and question Obama's supposed Christian faith, not outraged by all the killing done by the US military and the CIA? The Rethug X-stians want to protect every American egg and sperm, but they don't care about actual human beings in other countries, or even US citizens being illegally killed by drone attacks.

There is plenty to be outraged about, which the Obama administration is guilty of. This tempest in a teapot is not one of them. FAIL.

Why do the hardcore Obama haters keep on making big deals out of such non-issues? The only reasons I can think of is that they hear these stories by conservative propagandists, whose every word they believe, and/or these conservatives are racist, so they will use the lamest story against Obama, in the hopes that -- gawd forbid -- we don't have a second term from a half-African American (the horror, the horror!)

OP, you just make you and your ultra-conservative/reactionary fellow travelers look ridiculous bringing up these stupid non-stories.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
Why do the hardcore Obama haters keep on making big deals out of such non-issues? The only reasons I can think of is that they hear these stories by conservative propagandists

Yes, but also... Simple non-issues (e.g. birth issue, or "apology" issue) can be appreciated even by people who are not the brightest bulbs in the box and not the sharpest knives in the drawer, if you get my drift. Therefore, the right wing must keep drumming up these non-stories, because they can't afford to lose the support of these... individuals.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join