It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Silent Over Demands to Denounce ‘Piss Christ’ Artwork

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
Do we want seperation of church and state, or not?

It appears that we want this only when it is convenient for us and at other times we dont want it. Damned if you do and damned if you dont.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

"Since our founding the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate religious beliefs of others." ~ President Barack Obama

He has already denounced such things. How many times should he have say it?

over and over and over and over...republicans don't listen to him, and when they do, they don't care what he says...after almost 4 years, isn't that obvious?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Would it be out of place? Nothing that comes out of the WH surprises me anymore or feels out of place. I could see how either Romney or Obama could address PJ and spin in their favor to gain more support from Christians and votes.

Do they need to address it? Of course not. The best way to make something disappear is to ignore it. PJ would have died in 1987 had everyone just ignored it, but they didn't and even though the same Christians destroy PJ time and time again he keeps resurrecting

edit on 22-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yeah you're definitely gonna get flamed for that while also receiving many stars. You're right, there is a huge cultural difference but the ME is special because it's been home to religious violence for a long long time. I wouldn't generalize all Arab Muslims who live in the ME as people who do not value human life because that's ignorant.

They still stone women to death for adultery…violence is cultural and widespread.

Westerners don't fly off the handle and go nuts over this? Well, the art itself has been repeatedly attacked and I expect it will once again but yes there aren't near as bad as the ME protests of recent.

How many people died protesting Piss Christ?

What results are you looking for exactly? For this art to be destroyed? For the WH to make a statement that at the end of the day does absolutely nothing just because they did for the "Innocence of Muslims"? Are you looking to hinder Free Speech because you are offended?

I’m looking for this POTUS to stop smooching you know what in the ME…that’s it. He shouldn’t have even given this movie a minute of his time. BUT, he IS using it for political advantage to distract us from his failed foreign policy. I guess that's to be expected since we all know Obama's most important goal is his own re-election.

Why are you wasting your time getting upset over this and demanding a result to suit your desires? Move on.

I’m discussing it on ATS, dude, I’m not chasing people with a pitch fork!!

edit on 22-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Let's get back to reality and understand not all Muslims in the ME are stoning women or doing other terrible things. There are a lot of extremists in the ME who are committing atrocities all over, Syria and Libya come to mind, but they do not represent all the Muslims living in the Middle East or the world.

How many people protested Christ? Are you looking for hard numbers? People have protested it, if that's what you're asking.

I think the WH gave that movie the time of day because their embassies were being attacked and people killed because of it. Well, as it turns out, the terrorist attack on the Libyan embassy was preplanned and not a result of the movie as the WH originally thought/stated, but they are changing their tune now. Now are they using this for their own political advantage? Oh but of course! Never let a good crisis go to waste, whether you created it or not.

Clearly you're not running around with a pitch fork but while this does provide an interesting topic of discussion on ATS you still clearly are upset over this and demand some sort of action. Me, I ask, why waste the energy?

edit on 22-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If he had said nothing, you guys would have ranted and raved about him NOT standing up for free speech. I'm not interested in talking points.

He didn’t stand up for FREE SPEECH!!

He tried to censor YOUTUBE!!

You really don’t know how this went down do you?

C'mon seabag....you and I have gone round a round a few times but are you really missing this by that much?

It doesn't matter wo would be in the whitehouse....sometimes the sign of power is knowing whose ego to stroke. I am not ready for another war...are you? If you are...then damn man....I guess I didn't know you like I thought I did. We can argue and share ideas, but when all the # gets drawn out...we have a serious question to answer...regardless of the cause....are you ready for MORE war? Are you really ready to send more young people to die?

I say this cause my own situation has changed. My youngest daughter is engaged to a soldier....he's a bright young fellow...communications expert. My middle daughter is married to a cop...extremely nice guy...I cannot say I find fault in their choices...these are wonderful young men....are they ever going to be millionaires?....nope...would I have chosen differnetly?....well hell...I am a Dad....i am always looking for all the wrong reasons....

What I am talking about is the world is mutable...it shifts and morph everyday....there is no room for iron-solid decrees....tomorrow is a different day. Let it go...the world today will be gone at midnight tonight....always a time for change....

but just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Separation of Church and State only works if you're equally separated from all of them. The problem is that people are complaining about a disparity in the separation.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The link to the story. radio.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Let's keep it fair people!

Let's start a "Piss Mohammed" art contest right now!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I would like to be able to say I find it hard to believe people concern them selves with this type of stuff but I have seen how serious people are about fairy tales and religion.

Is it now best anti-'your god' cartoon wins so it is all out denounce those actions to save 'your god'.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well obviously the ole double standard is still alive and well on the
forum.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Let's keep it fair people!

Let's start a "Piss Mohammed" art contest right now!

Be my guest.

We should do it at your house

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
He condemns the IoM film in the hope that it will lower the death rate in the ME over the film if a western president is seen condemning it.

He doesn't condemn the "piss" Christ because all Christians will do is piss (lol) and moan, but no-one will (probably) be killed.

He is in a difficult position all round.

Not saying it is right, but those choices do have to be made.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

So the WH is supposed to denounce everything that offends some people? And what good would that do? They would be busy scrutinizing art every day. Get a grip.

CJ

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

C'mon seabag....you and I have gone round a round a few times but are you really missing this by that much?

It doesn't matter wo would be in the whitehouse....sometimes the sign of power is knowing whose ego to stroke. I am not ready for another war...are you? If you are...then damn man....I guess I didn't know you like I thought I did. We can argue and share ideas, but when all the # gets drawn out...we have a serious question to answer...regardless of the cause....are you ready for MORE war? Are you really ready to send more young people to die?

Of course I don’t want more war, and I agree with your assessment that sometimes you have to know whose ego to stroke, but Obama has been doing nothing but stroking Muslim egos since he ran in 2008 and the situation has gotten much worse. It’s time for him to stop sucking up and be a leader.

I would have respected him saying something like this (obviously a little more well-written though):

“In our country we have freedom of speech. This is freedom to express your opinions whether anyone agrees or not. We do not kill people when we disagree with them. Those are not the actions of a civilized people. Now stop the aggression against our diplomats or we will stop doing business with you, we will stop all foreign aid and we will no longer be there for your country when you need our help. Start acting like civilized people or others will not want to do business with you and your country will become even more isolated.”

That’s leadership….apologizing for the US isn’t leadership.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
forum.

And what double standard is that again? Hilarity ensues. I don't remember Bush Jr making any proclimations about "Piss Christ" even though it has been around for decades. There is a lot of music and anti-christian art that they are going to have to comb through and denounce apparently. The best part about it is you folks actually want the President to waste his time on this.

CJ

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
forum.

DBl post.

CJ
edit on 22-9-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by jimmiec

Yes, I’m still waiting for Obama and Hillary to make a commercial to denounce this blasphemous attempt at art. After all, they went out of their way to make a commercial denouncing the video mocking Mohammed, right?

No you are not waiting, you are just being facetious. You know full well that we in the States are cool without apologizing, or being apologized to, for someone's somewhat cruel sense of humor. Or so I hope.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

No you are not waiting, you are just being facetious. You know full well that we in the States are cool without apologizing, or being apologized to, for someone's somewhat cruel sense of humor. Or so I hope.

You’re correct…I was being facetious.

I was drawing attention to the double standard. Look, I respect the office of the presidency. I don’t think the POTUS should stoop to the level of having a “beer summit” or responding to every little bit of news that hits the streets. I just wish the current POTUS shared my respect for the office.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Double

edit on 22-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join